Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can you explain me how menstrual cycle works in women?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not in the medical view, I could care less about it, I mean which is the part when the girl is more horny and looking for an adventure instead of stability.

Im asking because I found out that a girl I know sometime its in a mood to be slvtty, actually she looks for me in particular days every month, mostly between 12 and 16, I was wondering if that was connected with her up and down of hormones.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Peak fertility and horniness and desire for a manly man is approximately 14 days BEFORE her next period. So with a normal textbook cycle of 28 days, it would peak on or about day 14.

But there is a range. Even if she's at peak fertility on day 14, this horny/fertile feeling might start on say day 12 and might last for a day or two beyond day 14.

So the day 12 to day 16 thing you have noticed makes perfect sense.

Caveats:

1. If her cycle is longer than 28 days, the fertile period is moved ahead. For example, if she has a 33 day cycle, her peak fertility will be on day 19. (33 - 14 = 19)

2. If she's on the pill, most of this theory is not applicable because the pill tricks her body into thinking it's pregnant.

3. She can also be VERY horny beginning around day 1, but NOT necessarily seeking the macho man. This isn't because of fertility, but because the menstrual flow is causing some tingling down there, I think.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All women are a little different, but the general rule is that she is horny whenever she is most likely to get knocked up. I would guess about 3-7 days before her period, but that number is based on women who are on birth control.

CuriousGirl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah you can be pretty sure it's linked to her menstrual/hormonal cycle, but it might not necessarily mean she's at her peak fertility (though it may well be).

Mike32ct said:
Peak fertility and horniness and desire for a manly man is approximately 14 days BEFORE her next period. So with a normal textbook cycle of 28 days, it would peak on or about day 14.

But there is a range. Even if she's at peak fertility on day 14, this horny/fertile feeling might start on say day 12 and might last for a day or two beyond day 14.

So the day 12 to day 16 thing you have noticed makes perfect sense.

Caveats:

1. If her cycle is longer than 28 days, the fertile period is moved ahead. For example, if she has a 33 day cycle, her peak fertility will be on day 19. (33 - 14 = 19)

2. If she's on the pill, most of this theory is not applicable because the pill tricks her body into thinking it's pregnant.

3. She can also be VERY horny beginning around day 1, but NOT necessarily seeking the macho man. This isn't because of fertility, but because the menstrual flow is causing some tingling down there, I think.
Keep in mind that this is textbook and general, ALL women vary around the 28 day cycle. A good way of thinking about it is how much vaginas vary aesthetically, they all generally have the same layout but the details vary.

- Peak fertility is meant to be around mid-cycle but it doesn't always correlate with horniness. A lot of my friends are horniest the week before their period for some reason, which is the last week of their cycle but this is also PMS time, when their moods are very up and down.
- it's about 6 days in a cycle that the egg is out and about and the woman is fertile, this will usually be at the same time each month (and not necessarily mid-cycle) but it can also be irregular (hence why the Rhythm Method fails a lot and shouldn't really even be considered as a form of contraception)

- Menstrual flow doesn't cause tingling down there. You rarely even feel it. But a lot of women can be horny during their period, it's just the hormones (not necessarily hormones to make you horny but being hormonal in general).
(-strangely I have always had more guys come on to me when I'm on my period - unbeknownst to them obviously - which I've always found odd and I'm sure it can't be a coincidence)

- there are different contraceptive pills, and the side effects again are general but vary from person to person as with any medication. Some women get hornier, some women get less horny and some stay the same. Pregnancy in general makes hormones and moods go up and down a lot.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Curiousgirl:

Thank you for the clarifications.

I can understand how different pills can affect women differently.

But generally, if she is on the pill, does her horniness follow any cyclical pattern (like a normal cycle) or is it more random because the body thinks pregnant?

We know it follows a cycle if she's not taking contraceptives.

But so many women take the pill that it's useful for guys to know. Thanks.

sarah275

Reaction score
for me personally, roughly a week before and a week after the actual period. A lot of my girl friends are similar too.

Sara

Nexus Polaris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gloria Allred tells women that men are oppressing them -------> Women bleed from their vaginas in protest -------> Men don't get to have sex for a week

As far as I can tell, this is how it works.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
Ive got to say Ive nevr ben able to figure ut when women are at that stage, there are some guys who seem to have a radar for this, how the hell do you tell?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most women under 40 are using some form of birth control, so a lot of this doesn't apply. It's much more uncommon to run into women not on any birth control.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My ex went a long time without getting her period, like close to a year, no BC, not preggo, the sex was amazing because she wasn't on the hormone train, I could shoot raw loads and not deal with the attitude, those were the days

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illinois within driving distance of St Louis, Mo
The best I read was "Sperm Wars" by Dr Robert Baker. It predates Rollo's work on Micro-Hypergamy. I think it came out in the 1980's. It never mentions Hypergamy because I don't think the term even existed yet. But everything presented backs up the more modern work on Micro-Hypergamy from Rollo. Most of the explanation is at the beginning of the book. The rest of the book is structured by giving a fictional short story, and then followed by a medical explanation of what was behind the behavor in the story. That pattern is repeated over and over for the rest of the book.