Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can you do anything to prevent baldness when you notice your hairline receding?

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, another question. I looked at the price ranges for hair transplants in Turkey. If I shave it all clean now, but then get a hair transplant later, will it seem...odd or like I'm desperate to look young again or something?

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Before you bother with a transplant you need to have your hair at baseline meaning its stabilized and you don't keep norwooding. First line of defense is finasteride/dutasteride to keep what you have and maybe some regrowth, that alongside minoxidil. Then you consider a transplant if needed. I wouldn't personally, too much hassle, looks fake and while the hair they transplant from the back of your head might be more dht resistant that does not mean it is permanent. you would still need to be on fin for life to keep your hair.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My father was almost bald at my age (40) and all the men on my mothers side were really thinning. I’ve had virtually none. I can count myself lucky.

I went back at the sides a bit at about 20 (a widows peak they call it). My hair is slightly thinner. I wear it in a longer style. Not cropped short but a kind of old school side parting, hair is about 2 inches long on top. This makes my hairline look better but it’s pretty radical for my age. I am greying quite young though. Grey up sides and greying beard.

i think (not an expert) that test aromatises to DHT and that causes male balding. More T = more balding - IF you have the genes to bald. So actually gym work might make it worse.

I would say hair transplant. I think it’s like £15k now? If I lost it overnight I would consider a loan for it. People spend that on a car. Why not on a head of hair - which takes decades off your appearance?

If you’re bald prematurely the only look you can pull off is that you MUST become extremely hench. Bald and muscles is a good look.

Interestingly - do you know the reason for balding? Why would evolution make us bald?

answer: there isn’t one. Balding is like death and disease. It usually happens AFTER mating season, after you reproduce. Hence, evolution doesn’t care one shyt. Anything that happens after you breed is irrelevant in terms of evolutionary reasoning. Like nasal hair, cancer and gout.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only way to pull it off is to have rugged good looks rather than "cute" good looks. But for men that were pre-bald normie-tier, it's OVER.

Deranged

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interestingly - do you know the reason for balding? Why would evolution make us bald?

answer: there isn’t one. Balding is like death and disease. It usually happens AFTER mating season, after you reproduce. Hence, evolution doesn’t care one shyt. Anything that happens after you breed is irrelevant in terms of evolutionary reasoning. Like nasal hair, cancer and gout.
Beautifully put redpill here man.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Castrated men never lose their hair. So there's an option.

corsica

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Like Stanley said,

Finasteride or dutasteride (the latter is a higher concentration and blocks more DHT) should be an option that you can start now.
Many men develop unpleasant side effects like lower libido and erectile dysfunction, so think twice how hair is important to you.
I had unpleasant side effects and stopped using it. A friend of mine is using Finasteride for a decade and never had problems.

Minoxidil is for the vortex (back area). Success rate is lower than finasteride. If you have only receding hairline, I would try only finasteride (or dutasteride if you're more concerned).

Use it for some months until it stabilizes. Then you can think about a hair transplant. In your case, I think it can give you a good result because you already have some density to begin with.

If you want I can recommend a clinic in Turkey.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how bad is the hair coming off in your hand when you wash your hair/on your pillow? That is the real measure.

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how bad is the hair coming off in your hand when you wash your hair/on your pillow? That is the real measure.
None that I've noticed

Redwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There really isn't anything that will stop it. Medication might slow it down a little. Hair restoration is pricey and the results might not look natural.

There is something to be said about accepting yourself and allowing yourself to age naturally. There's nothing more pathetic than a middle age or older guy obsessed with looking young. It's a loosing game.

Cut it shorter or shave it. Loosing your hair is a part of being a man.