Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

can you be too sarcastic?

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello people. So the way I am, I preety much always talk in a low calm voice. And I have this kinda sarcastic/black humor, which I use a lot (not to the point where it gets annoying though). But I've had people tell me before "I can't tell whether you're being serious or joking". This happen again today after I neg-hitted a girl (telling her her hair looks better when loose- it was tiedback). So, do you think it's a good thing, neutral, comments, don't care? Let me know. G

Paid Laid & Made

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Neghits do their job if done right. Some girls are not good in telling apart a neghit from you being A$$hole. Its up to how she takes it.

JJMcLure

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Paid, Laid & Made
Some girls are not good in telling apart a neghit from you being A$$hole.
Neither are a lot of people on this board.

Most times they are just throwing insults around.

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sarcasm is usually pretty funny if done in moderation. I knew a woman (she was the mom of a friend) who spoke only in sarcastic humor. This means that every sentence that came out of her mouth was a sarcastic pun. It just got stupid after a while, and very annoying because it becomes this predictable humor.

For example, it would be raining outside and she'd say "Oh, good thing the weather is nice today", or if it was cold outside, she'd say "Make sure you wear your shorts out"...you see what I'm getting at.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzalo
(telling her her hair looks better when loose- it was tiedback).
well....if you said this to me and i thought you were trying to make a joke, i'd think you were retarded. so i would wonder (and kind of hope even, for your sake) that you were serious. because that isn't sarcasm....

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: can you be too sarcastic?

Originally posted by iqqi
well....if you said this to me and i thought you were trying to make a joke, i'd think you were retarded. so i would wonder (and kind of hope even, for your sake) that you were serious. because that isn't sarcasm....
Ok iqqi, I know what sarcasm is, what I'm saying is that just cause I speak wiith the same voice inflection whether I'm joking or not, people often say they don't know whether I'm serious or not. I don't think I do it to the extent where it becomes stupid. I was genuinely telling the girl that her hair looks better when loose. But what I was wondering is, is it good (ei mysterious) or bad (stupid) when a girl can't tell whether you're joking or being serious?

G

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heck yeah you can be too sarcastic. every person has a different character. I once said some sarcastisc joke about a chiq's IQ with the result of her boyfriend trying to kick my ass :D

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: can you be too sarcastic?

Ok iqqi, I know what sarcasm is, what I'm saying is that just cause I speak wiith the same voice inflection whether I'm joking or not, people often say they don't know whether I'm serious or not. I don't think I do it to the extent where it becomes stupid. I was genuinely telling the girl that her hair looks better when loose. But what I was wondering is, is it good (ei mysterious) or bad (stupid) when a girl can't tell whether you're joking or being serious?

G
Me personally, being a dude not a chiq, it's fun for two minutes if a person in a group has that kind of humor, but after that it's just tiring. But I don't have breasts or a vagina so feel free to ignore my comment :)

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: can you be too sarcastic?

G
well, shucks! it all depends. give me a better example then. of a time when you ARE joking.

otherwise, that previous situation, she was just mad you didn't like her hair.

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: can you be too sarcastic?

well, shucks! it all depends. give me a better example then. of a time when you ARE joking.

otherwise, that previous situation, she was just mad you didn't like her hair.
I see. You know iqqi, us guys don't say this too often, but we're glad to have a female opinion like yours around here. Ok, is that serious or joking? ;)
Kiddin of course we love u iqqi ( ?)

G

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i see. it seems to me like you say things that are normal and everyday, but you are never serious. i know a few folk like this. like, it isn't ****y, or funny, so people are left confused, like "i think he said that in a joking way, but WHY?"

like you'll say "those shoes look nice." but jokingly. even if the shoes do look nice. so others are like, "huh? what is his point?"

i think that you are having an identity crisis, and are slightly insecure of your opinions and the way people see you.

MoMurda

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Re: Can you be too sarcastic?

Originally posted by Ninja Dude
Not at all, I LOVE to blatantly insult everyone in my path because it is soooo cool! :rolleyes:
:D

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow I saw this post and almost got the chiills because I get the same **** all the time!! I have this HB8 who I'm kinda seeing, hanging out with and she told me the same thing last night. So I guess the answer is YES, you can be too sarcastic and ****ish. Learn different voice tones so people can tell the difference.

PIMP

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i think that you are having an identity crisis, and are slightly insecure of your opinions and the way people see you.
What so now "I'M" having an identity crisis? What's next, I talk like that cause my mother didn't love me as a child? That's a bit far fetched I think, just because iqqi didn't like my potentially sarcastic remark :p

I'm not always using the joking tone, but using the serious/regular tone. So I might say "hey I'm off to the Peruvian jungle to live in a hermit for the next year" and you could believe me. Don't tell me that's not cool? Problem is if I'm "actually" going to the jungle, someone might not be sure if I am. So I get sometimes this "for real?, no... you're kiddin me right?" when I say the real stuff. Any others identify?

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup, there goes iqqi again with her "if you said this to me I wouldnt look twice at you"

dismiss what she says, your puns are more about her then anything working out in the real world

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
here is a crazy idea:

try picking up/ Talking to a girl WITHOUT neghits.

if you have to make someone feel bad about themselves then to like who you are then you are no DJ.

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never needed to neghit or went in for neghiting anyone ever... No girl has ever flaked on me either.... Only neghitting I do comes completely natural out of situations.

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by drixsa
if you have to make someone feel bad about themselves then to like who you are then you are no DJ.
To me there are like two variants on DJying:

1) Making girls feel GREAT about themselves.

2) Making girls feel that though they want to put on this little act, 'we' can see through them, and we still like them.

In both cases there is this special element to ourselves, an element we have that makes the person want our attention, either the rewarding experience of making the person feel great (without the negative/boring AFC traits) or making the person be on the lookout, cause we can see through their insecurities.

Look at the girls who are totally in love with someone, and you'll see their insecurities coming out from all sides. And usually the guy plays with them knowing it or not. I think the thing is not making people feel bad about themselves, but imagine: why would the popular pretty girl with big breasts with GPA 3.9 want to introduce changes into her life? Everything is too perfect already. But create imperfection, create tension like in music, and we naturally expect the tension to be released in some way. The artist can direct the release of tension the way he wants it to go. If this is not clear, it's cause I just came out of chemistry final. G