"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Can someone ask too many questions?

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2002
Messages
907
Reaction score
2
Since I have trouble thinking of things to say sometimes, I have a tendency of asking a lot of questions to create conversation. Is there something wrong with this and do people think it's annoying?

One big problem I have also is I kind of think slow so when someone says something I should react to I kind of pause, get really nervous, and most of the time end of saying something stupid. Then later on I think of all these good things I could of said and I really wish I thought of them then.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
Moved to Don Juan Discussion.
 

stickboy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 13, 2001
Messages
373
Reaction score
0
Location
N/A
Originally posted by bud_2005
Since I have trouble thinking of things to say sometimes, I have a tendency of asking a lot of questions to create conversation. Is there something wrong with this and do people think it's annoying?

One big problem I have also is I kind of think slow so when someone says something I should react to I kind of pause, get really nervous, and most of the time end of saying something stupid. Then later on I think of all these good things I could of said and I really wish I thought of them then.
Ask Maroon!
 

Frank Zappa

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 5, 2000
Messages
290
Reaction score
1
Location
Atlanta
Yes, it can be very irritating. One of my roommates annoys everybody he comes in contact with because he's got a nervous tick and can't handle silence. So he'll come watch TV with you sometimes just to bombard you with questions.

The rule of thumb is, just don't ask stupid questions that you obviously know the answer to just to fill the silence.

People, especially guys, would rather be chilled out. A ton of questions really puts people on edge.

Just relax and let the conversation flow... Speak slower and think things through... Silence is so much better than a question-monger.

~Zappa
 

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
3
I think girls like it when a guy asks questions about her on a date. They like it when you show interest in them as a person rather than just a sex object. Plus all girls love to talk about themselves.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
688
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Fatality
I think girls like it when a guy asks questions about her on a date. They like it when you show interest in them as a person rather than just a sex object. Plus all girls love to talk about themselves.
This is true, but I think it depends on how you ask the questions, your demeanor. You need to come off calm and in control, not anxious or needy.
I recently read that asking to many questions shows that you're nervous or looking for acceptance.

One big problem I have also is I kind of think slow so when someone says something I should react to I kind of pause, get really nervous, and most of the time end of saying something stupid.

Don't react to what other people say, this puts you in a defensive position. Instead, lead the conversation and let other people worry about reacting to what you're saying. This will not only calm you, but build your confidence. Hope this helps...
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
When you talk to your closest buddies or family members, do you ask a lot of questions? No. You have rapport and trust with these people and don't feel silly if there's a pause in the conversation.

Questions are great to open someone until you find something about them you can mutually discuss open-endedly. Then you can find out all you need to know about someone through the stories they tell and the comments they make. (and they can tell all about you, so make it good on your end. ;) ) No one likes to take a survey.

http://gunwitch.fastseduction.com/verbalmethod.html
 

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2002
Messages
907
Reaction score
2
Well I guess one of the reasons I do it is I don't want to be thought of as a boring person who never talks.
 
Top