"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Can I win her back?

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
A few months ago I met a lady I grew very fond of. To begin with everything was perfect, she couldn't get enough of me and though we hadn't been together very long we made each other very happy.

However, after a family tragedy I fell into a state of depression and lost my confidence and self-esteem. I became a pitiful wimp, and suddenly she lost interest in me and kindly told me she'd prefer to be friends. Things from there got worse and I completely lost my dignity. I grew dependent on her, hounded her with embarrassing emails, begged her to take me back and whined about all my problems to her.

I haven't seen her for a month, during which time I have overcome my depression and regained my confidence. I fear I have blown my chance and, even though I have explained things, I feel I cannot regain her respect or change her perception of me as a depressive and pitiful wimp.

Is there any way I can regain the interest she had in me to begin with or is it a lost cause now? Any tips would be appreciated as I really care for this lady.

Thank you.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
Moved to Discussion.
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
She nexted you. Don't know how you can salvage this , only choice left is to IGNORE. and not say anything to her.
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
I've tried ignoring her, but then she just ignores me. Doesn't look good does it?

I guess I should move on, but it's hard, especially knowing she had such a strong interest (stronger than I've had from anyone in fact) before my depression.
:(
 

JoeSchmuck

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 26, 2003
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
NY
I had a smiliar thing happen to me dirt, what sucks is people tend to look at depression lightly until they feel it themselves, especially women. If she couldnt stick around to help you back up and see if you came out ok , then the hell with her . My first post on this site was a "how do i win her back" post so i know where you are coming from. My best advice is this, worry about you and making yourself the person you want to be and take it from there, stop worrying and dwelling about some broad who is too cold to care about someone who was grieving.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
879
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
Earth
Move on~

I really think that you are expecting far too much of this girl.
You should ask yourself a very simple question...

"Is she really worth it?"

You've had a very hard time dealing with your depression.
That is understandable.
But she could not handle your reaction to this tragedy.

It sounds like you've relied far too heavily upon her for emotional support without really knowing who she is, or what she is all about. And now that she has moved on with her selfish life, you are still pursuing her.
There is only one logical outcome to this quagmire you've gotten yourself into... rejection.

Remember, you don't chase women. Women chase you!
If you want her back, stop trying to drag her back into your life.
Remember the 'Tao of Steve'.

Anyways, she has shown you her 'true colors' so to speak.
Don't you think that this is a good test of her character and worthiness as a mate?

I'd say forget her. She is not worthy of you. She is as 'water under the bridge', as they say.

Time to move on, brother.
 

HuuBinh

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 3, 2002
Messages
292
Reaction score
2
Location
ATL
this is a long shot, but if you really want to get bak with her, my best advice to you is date several women, hbs will have better impact & make sure that she knows it.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
Thank you all for your mature and kind replies. I think there's a lot of truth to them all; I just needed a logical perspective. I guess she's not worth pursuing or dwelling over, but it'll just take a bit of time for it to sink in. But when it does and this phase is behind me I'm sure I'll be better off.

Thanks again. ;)
 

Wyldfire

Banned
Joined
Oct 25, 2001
Messages
9,104
Reaction score
28
Anyone who just bails on someone after a family tragedy like that is NOT the kind of person you want a relationship with, period.

Hell, it's not even the girl you really miss anyhow. You really are just missing what she represented to you..."that ideal girl who was better to me than anyone else." The fact is...she wasn't "better" because she bailed on you when you needed her support most. Keep that image of your ideal girl as long as you want to, but try to stop trying to make every girl you get involved with fit that image you've envisioned. Think about the fairy tale of Cinderella. If the slipper doesn't fit, don't try to make it fit. Be honest with yourself. This girl was NOT really your "ideal" girl. Accept it and move on...
 
Top