Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can I get to sub 10% bodyfat with this diet?

nmartinez12443

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
5'10 at 182, 16% body fat

7:00 am- Protein with water, 3/4 cup oatmeal, apple
10:00- Chicken breast, baby spinach, 1/2 cup brown rice, bananna, hot sauce
1:00- Chicken breast, baby spinach, 1/2 cup brown rice, bananna, hot sauce
4:00- Fish Fillet similar stats to chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice, apple, hot sauce
8:00 post workout meal- Whey protein with milk, spinach, can of tuna
10:00 before bed- whey protein with water, almonds

Workouts
Monday-off
Tuesday- chest shoulders
Wednesday- triceps, biceps, back
Thursday- Soccer pm
Friday- Off
Saturday- chest shoulders
Sunday- triceps, biceps, back, Soccer pm

Ciel

Don Juan
Reaction score
No legs? Triceps day after chest? Shoulders on same day as chest?

Awesome split.

nmartinez12443

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks

I disagree with shoulders on the same day as chest being a negative, along with triceps a day after chest. Sure I could throw some legs in, thanks for your advice.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Low body fat is more about cardio than diet. Get up and go running every morning if you want to burn fat. You don't have to run a long distance if you incorporate intervals of sprints.

nmartinez12443

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks bible

so you think I should include more cardio, maybe on my off days? Speaking of diet, does it look go to you? or does it need tweaks.

Ciel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Instead of leaving sarcasm and not replying again, I'm actually gonna try and be helpful.

Cardio on off days? Nope. Pointless. Instead of putting that extra effort to burn calories(and decrease your rest period), how about just not eating those calories?

As for your diet, remove the 2nd apple, and remove the last serving of brown rice, and you're good to go.

And no, your split is terrible, sorry. I'm willing to bet bottom dollar that if you showed me the routine for the split, it would be riddled with many pointless exercises that serve to do nothing but waste your time.

Post it and I'm willing to help, if you're willing to listen.

nmartinez12443

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Ciel.
One minute in between sets
Chest and Shoulders

1. Bench Press
155lbs, 160, 170, 180, 190 about 5 times, after every set I do 5 reps of 45 lb dumbells 5 times.

2. Standing Barbell Shoulder press
85, 85, 95,95, 95 lbs about 5 times, after every set I do 5 reps of 25lb dumbell presses

3. Dumbell Incline
45, 50, 50, 55, 55 lbs.

4. Shrugs (I bring the bar up to the front of my neck)
70 lbs, 70 lbs, 80 lbs, 80 lbs, 85 lbs after every set I do 22.5 lbs dumbell presses.

5. Push ups with weights on back. I have a 45 and a 35 on my back, do 3 pushups and take the 35 off, do 3 more and take the 45 off, do 5 more without weight. I do this 3-4 times.

6. Lateral raises
10, 10, 12, 12

7. Peck dek on machine.

Ciel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Believe me when I say this:

All you need for chest is flat bench.

All you need for shoulders is barbell shoulder press.

If you started doing squats and deadlifts, your football(soccer) will improve dramatically, and deadlifts work your traps a thousand times better than shrugs ever will.

You do too many sets for chest to be honest, so you're not gonna see that much progress, as you're overworking the muscle.

My only upper body exercises are Bench Press, Barbell Overhead Press and Weighted Chin Ups.

If you want my pic for a reference of the results I get, I don't mind, but trust me, its all you need for a well built looking upper body.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You realize that sub 10% bodyfat is hard to maintain usually. With this routine it's impossible.

No leg work? Good luck.

ThreeStorms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ciel said:
All you need for chest is flat bench.
Not really. Your chest actually consists of two large muscles (or four in total), if you always hit the lower part it won't look that great in the long run. Trust me.

Ciel

Don Juan
Reaction score
And your abs consist of 6, but when a muscle is activated, the ENTIRE muscle is activated.

There is no such thing as "upper chest" and "lower chest". Pectoralis major is one entire muscle(Not taking left and right into account here).

How someone's chest looks in terms of composition is entirely genetic, depending on your insertion points. Some people have a larger NATURAL upper/lower insertion ratio, which makes their pec look more round due to the fact that the lower segment of the muscle spans across more of the chest.

Its just the same as abdominal shape, or where your bicep starts on your arm.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ciel said:
And your abs consist of 6, but when a muscle is activated, the ENTIRE muscle is activated.

There is no such thing as "upper chest" and "lower chest". Pectoralis major is one entire muscle(Not taking left and right into account here).

How someone's chest looks in terms of composition is entirely genetic, depending on your insertion points. Some people have a larger NATURAL upper/lower insertion ratio, which makes their pec look more round due to the fact that the lower segment of the muscle spans across more of the chest.

Fu(k the lad is only 20 yet already knows what he's talking about, top stuff :)

Ciel

Don Juan
Reaction score
typical said:
Fu(k the lad is only 20 yet already knows what he's talking about, top stuff :)
Lmao it's a shame I'm not a bodybuilder. I'd save myself so much time.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nmartinez12443 said:
5'10 at 182, 16% body fat

7:00 am- Protein with water, 3/4 cup oatmeal, apple
10:00- Chicken breast, baby spinach, 1/2 cup brown rice, bananna, hot sauce
1:00- Chicken breast, baby spinach, 1/2 cup brown rice, bananna, hot sauce
4:00- Fish Fillet similar stats to chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice, apple, hot sauce
8:00 post workout meal- Whey protein with milk, spinach, can of tuna
10:00 before bed- whey protein with water, almonds

Workouts
Monday-off
Tuesday- chest shoulders
Wednesday- triceps, biceps, back
Thursday- Soccer pm
Friday- Off
Saturday- chest shoulders
Sunday- triceps, biceps, back, Soccer pm
Hey mang,

Contrary to popular belief its not that difficult to maintain sub 10% bf... Your diet looks reasonable. I'd take out the bananas and add fibrous carbs, so brocolli, beans, asparagus, etc. Make sure you get 6 oz of chicken breast and 6 oz of fish fillet and 50 g of whey isolate with each of your protein shakes. You may wanna think about adding 30-40 g of waxy maize post WO to help w/ recovery.

I was a stripper for over 3.5 years, and HAD to maintain sub-10% bf so I could look the part... no one wants to see average looking guys taking their clothes off! I've made tens of thousands of dollars taking my clothes off for screaming girls. Here's some pics:

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m91/Treydesmon/

Most recent are the ones in the blue tank top... I'm 5'8" - 185 in those pics at around 12% bf (caliper tested). Notice how much fatter my face looks in those pics vs. the ones where I was leaner.

My routine was quite abbreviated:

day 1: Squats/chin ups
day 2: Push-pull day (did chest and back alternately)
day 3: Deadlift/dips

Train w/ high intensity and do high intensity cardio (soccer is great!)... You may wanna think about doing 2 extra days of high intensity cardio thrown in there as well.

Remember that diet is by far the most important thing when it comes to fitness. Nothing else even comes close. You'll find that there will be tons of people throwing various opinions at you... none of them are correct/none of them are wrong... Each of us has high unique metabolisms, and its your job to figure out what combo of training/diet/supplementation works for you.

ThreeStorms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ciel said:

I very much disagree. If everthing on your chest was more or less the same muscle, why would I feel soreness on different places whether I do flat or incline bench, or chest dips?
It's same with abs. It feels very different if I train my sides or upper/lower.
I won't deny that all surrounding muscles get some exercise as well, but you can definitely target a specific muscle. Or would you say that it doesn't make a difference if you train the biceps or the triceps, as both are on the arm?

Ciel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, except the upper part of the pec is not a specific muscle, its part of one whole larger muscle system.

Soreness doesn't indicate anything to be honest, flies make the side of your chest sore but that doesn't mean that the side is being worked out any more than anything.

Sorry bro, its not that complicated.

And no, nobody said that, because the bicep and tricep are actually in fact seperate muscles which are activated by different movements.

ThreeStorms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ciel said:
Sorry bro, its not that complicated.
I really hope it is, as isolating the upper part is my only chance (besides from surgery) to get a decent look for my chest. It's very imbalanced now (small on the upper side, large at the lower)

Ciel

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're at a low enough bf, flex your chest in the mirror, under good lighting, and find where the line that separates your upper and lower pec is. If its low down, then I'm sorry pal.

ThreeStorms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
From the side, it looks somewhat cool when I flex it, but like a girl's breast otherwise... Do not have a lot of fat, but this weirdly formed muscle. I also do have some gyno, glandular tissue, but this is more responsible for my puffy nipples than the form of the whole thing.

But if you say there is upper and lower pec - why shouldn't you be able to train them seperately? Are the millions of incline benchers just plain wrong?

found that:
sternal head (http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/PectoralisSternal.html) Clavicular Head (http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/PectoralisClavicular.html)

looks like the clavicular is the link between the chest and the shoulder muscles. If I can get that big enough, it may help my look.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Low body fat is more about cardio than diet. Get up and go running every morning if you want to burn fat. You don't have to run a long distance if you incorporate intervals of sprints.

This is a common misconception. While your right in suggesting cardio, I was going to say the same thing. He can get similar benefits to cardio by circuit training with weights, basically the goal being to get his heart rate up to the max.

Intervals are also a great suggestion.

OP, what are your current stats?? Do you have any idea how much protein your intaking daily? What about carbs and fat? And where are your total calories?

Do you know what your maintenance calories are? Are you eating in a caloric deficit?

If your diet is not on point, your pissing in the wind trying to get under 10%.

PIMP