Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can anyone think of a good reply to this?

MurdocIsGod

Don Juan
Reaction score
This happens to me a lot in real life and over the internet:

Me: Are you single
Her: Yes
Me: I was hoping you'd say that
Her: Oh why's that then ;)

What's a good response? Usually I say something like "because you're seriously gorgeous ;)" or something, but it's not that effective because I've normally already told them early on that I think they're sexy and attractive.

Any better ideas?

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MurdocIsGod said:
This happens to me a lot in real life and over the internet:

Me: Are you single
Her: Yes
Me: I was hoping you'd say that
Her: Oh why's that then ;)

What's a good response? Usually I say something like "because you're seriously gorgeous ;)" or something, but it's not that effective because I've normally already told them early on that I think they're sexy and attractive.

Any better ideas?
Well I don't like you're second line as it implies too much interest, however a good funny line that works is ...

"So I can have you meet my friend (girl or boy) and maybe you two will hit it off"

This works because you're passing off LBJF overtones to the girl but in a playful manner.

I also am not a fan of the are you single question because it again suggests too much interest.

If you go with this sequence you have to shut down your interest otherwise she'll shut you down.

It's better to let the woman reveal her status if possible but if she doesn't you ask once a rapport and attraction has been built.

MurdocIsGod

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll try it, though I'm not sure because she already seems interested and she's pretty damn good looking. If it messes up oh well I'll find another, but still. Will post an update when she replies.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The_411 said:
Well I don't like you're second line as it implies too much interest, however a good funny line that works is ...

"So I can have you meet my friend (girl or boy) and maybe you two will hit it off"

This works because you're passing off LBJF overtones to the girl but in a playful manner.

I also am not a fan of the are you single question because it again suggests too much interest.

If you go with this sequence you have to shut down your interest otherwise she'll shut you down.

It's better to let the woman reveal her status if possible but if she doesn't you ask once a rapport and attraction has been built.
This could work but it requires a heavy amount of flirtation after the said statement. This would follow under the lines of "actions speak louder than words", meaning you say one thing, but your actions hint at something completely different. To me, I don't like being overly flirtatious. I like to have the girls chase me. I would never really use a line like that personally, because she could just take the validation and leave. I agree with 411 as you should try and develop some rapport first and have her naturally reveal the answer to you herself.

If for some reason I was caught in your situation I might say something like:

"Because I need to know the correct number of guests to book for our date. I wasn't sure if you boyfriend wanted to tag a long or not."

This does quite a few things. The whole thing is a DHV within itself. It's overly sarcastic, so she knows you're joking. It saves you from the beta image because it implies that you just want to see her, not actually be her "boyfriend" (at least not right away.) And just overall reflects back an alpha personality because you are already assuming she will say yes to your date offer. A bold statement like this will require some follow up game though.

You don't actually have to "book" anything or take her out to dinner, it's just some playful teasing to get her imagination used to thinking about you in a romantic/sexual way. Seeding can do wonders for your my man.

Good luck.

-Scars

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't ask girls if they're single...just don't...It's not being a DJ

JirQUEST

Reaction score
In the first place, don't put yourself in that spot. IMO, it doesn't matter if you ask whether they are single or not, but your reply to that just trapped you.

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ignore her question.

MurdocIsGod

Don Juan
Reaction score
Scars said:
"Because I need to know the correct number of guests to book for our date. I wasn't sure if you boyfriend wanted to tag a long or not."
I liked this so much, that last night after I sent the first guys message, I wrote another saying "LOL just kidding" then used your line instead.

Here's the responses:

When she read and responded to the first message:
Or maybe we won't as I'm not looking for a relationship.! lol

Then when she opened the other message where I used Scar's line:
Lol alright. Haha or really- a date?? an Swr I told Yu I no longer have a bf? :)

I think I should grab her number at this point, I'm thinking, "yeah a date :) what's your number, I'll set something up" or is that another failure line by me?

SoSuaveDude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MurdocIsGod said:
I liked this so much, that last night after I sent the first guys message, I wrote another saying "LOL just kidding" then used your line instead.

Here's the responses:

When she read and responded to the first message:
Or maybe we won't as I'm not looking for a relationship.! lol

Then when she opened the other message where I used Scar's line:
Lol alright. Haha or really- a date?? an Swr I told Yu I no longer have a bf? :)

I think I should grab her number at this point, I'm thinking, "yeah a date :) what's your number, I'll set something up" or is that another failure line by me?
dood! you're just texting, calm down. You're making a really big deal about a mild thing. I suggest you quit asking for texting help, and try your own game. Learn from your mistakes, and you'll be way more successful in the end. If you second guess yourself in person as much as you are through text, she will definitely flee... Basically be more agressive, assertive and confident in your style.

MurdocIsGod

Don Juan
Reaction score
SoSuaveDude said:
dood! you're just texting, calm down. You're making a really big deal about a mild thing. I suggest you quit asking for texting help, and try your own game. Learn from your mistakes, and you'll be way more successful in the end. If you second guess yourself in person as much as you are through text, she will definitely flee... Basically be more agressive, assertive and confident in your style.
I usually do, I usually ask if they're single then get their number and I've got quite a few that way and quite a few interested girls... But I thought I would try out something else. I've spoken to LOADS of girls (seriously, loads) but it was always in a different sort of away which apparently conveys too much interest... And maybe it's ****ing me up with some girls.