Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can a Rewarding Lifetime relationship follow a period of Low investment Relationships?

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Frequently people espouse recently single people get out and date, and screw and have a variety of short term, low commitment relationships. My question is does that just reinforce negative behavior that could sabotage a potentially rewarding long term relationship in the future?

Secondarily, is it possible or reasonable to observe people in our social circle and make judgements about their potential suitability as a short term or long term partner without having that relationship in a romantic/sexual sense? Mainly avoiding the awkwardness of the eventual break up.

Which would you say is more harmful to personal growth? Serial monogamy, or Serial dating? My question is that does searching for new partners take time and energy away from improving one's position in industry, or pursuing their interests? Or is time spent maintaining a relationship take away as much?

Is a deep emotional connection with a woman a help or hindrance in your life and pursuing your goals? If there is not a deep connection, what fills that part of your life? Money, Power, Freedom?

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First paragraph: Women want a man other women want. IF they never see you with one, they aren't as interested. Ever have a woman, then all the rest want you?

second: Of course you can, if you keep your mouth shut and your ears open. Women can never stop talking, they will tell all, eventually. BUT the longer you've known them without making a move, the harder it is to get them. When you don't know anything about them, it's easier to project the best on them. So a woman will do the same to you, and judge you not "fit" to date. OR say she doesn't want to rish losing a friend , and mean it....

Not sure on the third and fourth... Women take time, money, and emotional energy. IF you can use all of the above for other things you will be ahead in those. Starting a business, saving money, starting your life or advancing it can all be reasons to leave women alone for a time. IF they are more important to you than six....

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Frequently people espouse recently single people get out and date, and screw and have a variety of short term, low commitment relationships. My question is does that just reinforce negative behavior that could sabotage a potentially rewarding long term relationship in the future?
For who? The male or female?

For the male, I don't think so. For the female, yes.

is it possible or reasonable to observe people in our social circle and make judgements about their potential suitability as a short term or long term partner without having that relationship in a romantic/sexual sense? Mainly avoiding the awkwardness of the eventual break up.
I believe so. Women do it all the time. I look for things that would disqualify women from being a candidate as a long term partner, but I may still be interested in fvcking them.

Which would you say is more harmful to personal growth? Serial monogamy, or Serial dating?
Neither. Personal growth requires your own effort and your ability to overcome obstacles. You choose to let these thing stand in the way or help you succeed.

Is a deep emotional connection with a woman a help or hindrance in your life and pursuing your goals?
Neither. The only thing that's a hindrance is when you go through a breakup and you're dealing with your smashed-up emotions. A good woman will join and support you on your journey. A lousy woman will pull you away from them and fill your life with distractions.

If there is not a deep connection, what fills that part of your life? Money, Power, Freedom?
My pursuit of increased life pleasure and financial freedom.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A good woman will join and support you on your journey. A lousy woman will pull you away from them and fill your life with distractions.
Amen to that! The trick is finding the one that's right for you that isn't selfish and has more of a giver's heart. I've dated a few that were in it for the ride until I hit a few speed bumps and subsequently watched them ramp up plate spinning instead of growing through the crucible. I wonder, now, how much of it all was just age-related immaturity and would a woman who is more sure of herself provide the benefit of the doubt if I proved that I was holding myself accountable for my decisions.

IMO, trials and tribulations may actually increase the bond in an intimate relationship when both parties agree towards conflict resolution that provides healthy compromises and constructive criticism.