Came up with an interesting Idea to get over your fear of girls

TinyFzzyKiwi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, so I came up with this idea, though I can bet alot of other people have thought of similar things.

So, I have a friend that moved to North Carolina over the summer from Missouri, anyway, got an email from him yesterday asking to do him a favor for their school newspaper. Here's what he wrote me if you don't understand me:
hey do you wanna help out our paper here?
"We are comparing fashions across the country so can u take pictures of you or some of your friends wearing the popular things at school and get everyones names?
Tell them they could be in the newspaper at the beach.
I know you dont wear the "in" fashions so take pictures of other people too :). And take some pics of your hot friends and just the hot girls in your school hey we could use the pics and i wouldnt mind seein them either :D"

So i'm gona start tomorow after I found out exactly what he needs, figured it'd be a great chance to get over my fears of hb's, what's everyone think?

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not...

IMO you have nothing to loose, and its a way to interac with other girls etc, so go for it, and let us know how it goes...

Goodluck;)

Laterz...

Zaine

Don Juan
Reaction score
My theory

I also came up w/ a theory.

Insread of thinking that she is "so hott." Just think of a flaw of hers, and whenever that thought crosses your mind, just think of the flaw. Works for me.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My 2c...

Originally posted by Fitch
Tell us how it works out.
I would imagine that this technique will help make you feel less nervous because you are thinking to yourself "Look at this girl, there is xxx and xxx wrong with her, she's lucky that i'm talking to her, because she has xxx and xxx wrong with her" etc...

I have seen similar techniques used in the past, and i have tried some of them out too, and they work pretty well, if you have the correct mindset;)

Laterz...

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So let me get this striaght. Instead of talking to the girls, you ask them for a picture.

ooooooooooooook.

Change of veiwpoint:

You're a HB, a guy (who by the way you've never spoken to) comes up and asks for your pic.

Whatever perv.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In need of reading glasses?

Originally posted by WesCottII
So let me get this striaght. Instead of talking to the girls, you ask them for a picture.

ooooooooooooook.

Change of veiwpoint:

You're a HB, a guy (who by the way you've never spoken to) comes up and asks for your pic.

Whatever perv.

He DID mention that it was for a newspaper... so he would be working as a "scout", not just some random guy... read the original post carefully before jumping to conclusions.

Laterz...

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So in your opinion, as long as he tells people that he's doing it for a newspaper, they'll pose for him.
So in your world a Perv just walks up to you asks you for a picture, and from that you know he's untrustworthy?
But as long as they give some justification as to why they are taking pictures......s'all good.

which is the perv?

Can i take your picture
can i take your picture, for a newspaper?

Wait a minute. A perv could easily say number 2! What will the world do now your sure fire way of discovering pervs has failed?

Laterz..........dumbass

Ps. They only way to get over the fear of approaching girls, is to approach girls.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tsk tsk tsk...

Originally posted by WesCottII
So in your opinion, as long as he tells people that he's doing it for a newspaper, they'll pose for him.
So in your world a Perv just walks up to you asks you for a picture, and from that you know he's untrustworthy?
But as long as they give some justification as to why they are taking pictures......s'all good.

which is the perv?

Can i take your picture
can i take your picture, for a newspaper?

Wait a minute. A perv could easily say number 2! What will the world do now your sure fire way of discovering pervs has failed?

Laterz..........dumbass

Ps. They only way to get over the fear of approaching girls, is to approach girls.

If the pictures are REALLY for a newspaper, and he can show them proof of some sort that he IS being genuine, then that shouldnt be a problem. If he cannot show proof of actually DOING it for a newspaper, THEN he might be seen as being a perv.

I work for a company called Defusion and i too, approach hundreds of women on a regular basis in order to take pictures of them. So if he can provide them with a card or some "proof" of some sort that he IS being genuine about it, there shouldnt be a problem. Stop thinking in a such a narrow minded way, and even if some chicx DO think he is a perv.. WHO GIVES A SH!T?!?!? Its about him boosting his own confidence and USING them to do so... so f*ck what they think of him afterwards. And btw... most girls would be happy with just that fact that a guy approached them and asked for their picture....

get with it!

Laterz...:cool:

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Allright. So what you're basically telling me is.....

In order for him to be able to approach girls, he has to do something harder than saying
"hi, i'm !name!, could you direct me to !place!?" OR going with the environment.

No. Mr 10.7 posts a day, has a better idea, make yourself sound like a perv by asking to take pictures. Show them your I.D, but wait, it's a school paper! What the hell I.D is there for a school paper? What was it you said?

"read the original post carefully"

So, you blow your chances with the girl, any of her mates, because you're the perv who wanted to take picures of !mandy!, all because you can't say

"hi, i'm !name!".

Laterz....

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*yawn*

I'm not saying that its right.. i'm saying that its an interesting idea, and i see nothing wrong with trying it out... but yet again, i'm a kinda guy that likes changes and doing new things.. guess you're just another one of those boring type people:rolleyes:

But yes, i do agree that the normall way of approaching women is the preffered way, but like i said, this is a change, and it sounds interesting, so i say "go for it, you got nothing to loose"... Thats MY opinion, Deal with it!

P.S.: I'm going out now, so please do reply, and i'll get back to you as soon as i have time for you.

Laterz...

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Textbook response of someone who lost an arguement.

Hitting the winner with lame parting shots. (see: you're boring)

Prentending that you have a life after being beaten (see:i'm going out now) Even though you obviosly don't, because you make 10.78 posts A DAY.

Bye aequitas. (your name alone proves that you have the life of a goldfish)

EDIT p.s, you're still here, that little yellow box tells me so, and i know you're reading this because the members page told me so. (15 minutes later)
-----------------------------------------------------

Right, now i've dealt with that pretender. I can help you Tiny.

Firstly as i mentioned earlier, there is no way to get over your fear of talking/aprroaching women, without actaullly doing so. Yes i realise that you are approaching when you have your camera, but what happens a month down the line when that excuse is no longer feasible? Back to sqaure one.

So i suggest you do what I did. Go somewhere a bit further out, such as the next/town city along, and approach women there, no-one knows you, and you won't care so much if you screw up, because you'll never see these women again.

Good luck,

FL BOY

Don Juan
Reaction score
wtf?

Wescott, what your deal man. What are you trying to prove? Is this helping you be better wit the girls? I dont understand why you care so much to keep posting to every reply he has and bash it. He stated his opinion, you stated yours now move on.

Beatflux

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you get a sex change, you could deduct that you are just a man but with womenly parts. So its obvious that women are just men but with womenly parts. Or you could just be homo so that you don't have to worry about women ne more.

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dunno...but if some chick came up to me and said "A friend of mine wants me to get some pictures of what the 'cool' thing is to wear around here for his newspaper, mind if i take a picture or two?" I would personally be fine with it. Especially if she thinks what she's wearing is the "cool, in" thing to be wearing, i'm sure she'd be more than happy to pose for a couple pics.

Some tips - If the girls don't seem to receptive and are kind of *****y, then just take the pics and move them on, if you get some really friendly girls, then chat them up. If they're *****y, the whole newspaper into flirting thing could look like a desperate ploy, but if she's being really friendly and receptive after you start, then you're in.

tyciol

Don Juan
Reaction score
It still won't work if you're creepy or ugly, they'll be weirded out.

TonyTheTigerOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are missing the point

Wes - you are right. They will be weirded out.

Anyone else - you are wrong. Even if they arent weirded outk, its not an approch, because the girls figure you just want it for some newspaper, and you have not provided an indicator of interest. And if you DO slip and IOI in there, they will realize it was ALL A SCAM and revert to the "you fvcking perv!" mentality.

If you want to approach girls - APPROACH THEM.

Dont think of a girls flaws when you approach. Think that shes amazing. think shes sexy. Think that you are sexy together. And think that she is JUST AS SEXY as the girl you JUST TALKED TO and just as sexy as the girl you are GOING TO TALK TO after her.

TinyFzzyKiwi

Don Juan
Reaction score
This was never meant as a way to me getting better at approachin girls, it was just supposed to be a possible side effect. I just wanted to see what everyone thought about it, and I guess I have.

the main point was I am going to be doing this to help a friend out, and in the process it would force me to go up to hot girls and talk to them.