"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

calling question nr. 1342454

ChesterB

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 2, 2003
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
Location
Germany
I've been searching the site for over an hour now and didn't find an answer, so I'll ask this question:
situation: had a really nice date with that girl on Wednesday. At the end she said "I hope we'll see each other soon again."
I tried to call her on Saturday afternoon, but she didn't answer. Some hours later she sent me an SMS message saying "Hi :)! I was so focused on my work that I forgot to turn on my phone's ringing tone. Have to work now :(. Don't want to..."

So, when should I call her again?

And in general: Is there a timing thread? I couldn't find one. I know when to call after getting the number (not the next day), but later on?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
FFS, just call.................................

Only single rule I follow with phones is that I generally do NOT call morning/daytime because people are normally preoccupied/busy then...

She already left you a great opening TWICE (First she says she hopes she'll see you again... Then she SMS you back later apologizing or not having ringing on....) From the SMS I'd probably call/SMS her back with some comforting or whatever about her hard work whatever, maybe say you'll reward her hard work by spending time with her or whatever.
 

ChesterB

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 2, 2003
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
Location
Germany
But I thought calling all the time (i.e. the next day after i didn't reach her) seems desperate?
 

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 23, 2003
Messages
504
Reaction score
2
CALL ANYTIME EXCEPT (fri/sat) and ALWAYS after 3pm

I always call around 7 or 8 pm, on a sunday, I know if she has a hangover she is just winding down, almost everyone is available on a sunday night and leaves you still some time if you want to meet her THAT day
 

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by ChesterB
But I thought calling all the time (i.e. the next day after i didn't reach her) seems desperate?
Calling all the time ye, but when you had a great date and whatever and she's even apologized for not picking up the phone you can contact her, or better yet trick her into calling you (Some funny sms retort or whatever)
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

ChesterB

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 2, 2003
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
Location
Germany
I don't think I understand that.
Anyway, I just called her and she agreed to another date. :)
 
Top