Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Calling out billtx49 “moderator”

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
P.S. Please unban Julian, member since the birth of this site.
I have noticed that a lot of the old guys get banned after a while. There’s a type of degrade that happens over time.

I support the ban. The guys who are always teetering on the edge and are demeaning to others when they are actually basement nerds, will cause the most trouble and should be gone even more so than Julian. For these guys are deliberate in their underhanded backhands to knowledgeable men with real experience.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you guys only knew what he thinks of you all. He sent me a scathing, rambling, rageful tantrum letter (as expected), and had some very unpleasant things to say about you, the general membership. I will stop short of telling you what he actually said, but suffice it to say that he holds a degrading opinion of you all. He was here to be your "savior".

This is the pattern we see. A member develops a persona that is a little rough around the edges, and he sometimes write good content. After a while, he starts getting more and more belligerent, and it snowballs into outrageous, predatory behavior toward other members. During this period, we mods try to reason with him and get him to see that he's lighting up our radar like a Christmas tree, that the rules are there to keep the quality of the site up, that the rules are reasonable, etc.

He devolves more and more into a bully, picks more and more fights, and eventually we mods give temporary bans in the hope that will wake him up. Once the perma-ban happens, we get the inevitable raging, insane personal messages, where the guy goes completely off the rails, telling us what scum we and the membership are, how he disdains us all, and implies (or states outright), that he was our only hope.

@Epic Days encapsulates it well. These guys turn out to have had an online persona that many connected with, but the persona can't be sustained because behind the persona is a common narcissistic punk, a keyboard warrior who has very little control over his rage. Latent rage is always at the heart of these situations, I find.

Interestingly, I have seen this happen once or twice where the member followed this script to a "T", but then quietly rejoined maybe a year later and ended up being a productive, well-respected member. It's rare, but it happens. We mods always recognize that it's this partiular person who has come back, but we give him a chance to see if he's changed.

These troublemakers try the mods to the limit, and I am convinced that they get to the stage where they are going for "suicide by cop". This is a little glimpse into what goes on behind the scenes. Most of you guys have no idea how hard we try to give slack and work with people in order to avoid the ban. We are slow to act, sometimes annoyingly so, because we don't want to ban anyone. All you guys see is the end result, not the work we do behind the scenes to keep the guy here. To the general public, it's "Poof, he's gone" and it seems like we've made a snap decision based on one infraction. The behind the scenes reality is a different story.

We mods aren't perfect, but we employ checks and balances and work as a group in order to avoid personal bias and wrong decisions. I might quickly ban a new member who is obviously nuts, but for the long-standing members, we work diligently to keep them here by discussing the situation and trying to be fair.

In the end, we get "The" letter from the person in question, which vindicates our decision and proves the bannee to be the raging, disrespectful punk that he is. These letters are so full of vitriol and hatred toward the site and you, the members, that you would be shocked to read them.

Suffice it to say that I am very comfortable with Julian's banning, and although I was not the one who banned him, I agreed to the decision. We make these decisions for the betterment and health of the forum, never for personal vendettas or annoyances.

Every now and then I like to give a little behind-the-scenes glimpse of mod-land, in the hope that it conveys that there's always way more than meets the eye in a ban of a long-time member, and I personally think you guys deserve to know how we view our responsibilities. We take perma-bans very seriously and regard it as an absolute last resort. That inevitable, final message from the bannee, telling us how he really feels about you, the membership, always lets us know that we made the right decision.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But realize, if mod made a decision, that's final. So you better take your feelings and stick them up your butt, and realize if you getting that kind of attention, you doing something wrong.

P.S. Please unban Julian, member since the birth of this site.
Not really. We have let a few banned members back in over the years, and a few of them tuned out to be good posters, not because we were wrong, but rather because they recognized they were out of line, and they demonstrate that to us. Each case is different in terms of how they approach us after some time has elapsed. We are very forgiving if a guy is sincere. Some guys just lose perspective as their online persona takes them too far, and they come to recognize that.

I believe that when a man is sorry for past unreasonable behavior, he should be forgiven and given a chance, after a little time has passed.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For these guys are deliberate in their underhanded backhands to knowledgeable men with real experience.
Oh yeah?

You’re the same dude who went on and on about how you had so much experience with women and that you know oh so much about female nature that when I challenged you, all you said was that you ‘know more’ than me and ‘have more experience’ than me. I poked holes in all your ideas, and asked you to share your experiences with me and explain what was wrong with everything I said, and you’re so weak that you ended up putting me on block.

So much for being a ‘real’ man hahahahaha

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you guys only knew what he thinks of you all. He sent me a scathing, rambling, rageful tantrum letter (as expected), and had some very unpleasant things to say about you, the general membership. I will stop short of telling you what he actually said, but suffice it to say that he holds a degrading opinion of you all. He was here to be your "savior".

This is the pattern we see. A member develops a persona that is a little rough around the edges, and he sometimes write good content. After a while, he starts getting more and more belligerent, and it snowballs into outrageous, predatory behavior toward other members. During this period, we mods try to reason with him and get him to see that he's lighting up our radar like a Christmas tree, that the rules are there to keep the quality of the site up, that the rules are reasonable, etc.

He devolves more and more into a bully, picks more and more fights, and eventually we mods give temporary bans in the hope that will wake him up. Once the perma-ban happens, we get the inevitable raging, insane personal messages, where the guy goes completely off the rails, telling us what scum we and the membership are, how he disdains us all, and implies (or states outright), that he was our only hope.

@Epic Days encapsulates it well. These guys turn out to have had an online persona that many connected with, but the persona can't be sustained because behind the persona is a common narcissistic punk, a keyboard warrior who has very little control over his rage. Latent rage is always at the heart of these situations, I find.

Interestingly, I have seen this happen once or twice where the member followed this script to a "T", but then quietly rejoined maybe a year later and ended up being a productive, well-respected member. It's rare, but it happens. We mods always recognize that it's this partiular person who has come back, but we give him a chance to see if he's changed.

These troublemakers try the mods to the limit, and I am convinced that they get to the stage where they are going for "suicide by cop". This is a little glimpse into what goes on behind the scenes. Most of you guys have no idea how hard we try to give slack and work with people in order to avoid the ban. We are slow to act, sometimes annoyingly so, because we don't want to ban anyone. All you guys see is the end result, not the work we do behind the scenes to keep the guy here. To the general public, it's "Poof, he's gone" and it seems like we've made a snap decision based on one infraction. The behind the scenes reality is a different story.

We mods aren't perfect, but we employ checks and balances and work as a group in order to avoid personal bias and wrong decisions. I might quickly ban a new member who is obviously nuts, but for the long-standing members, we work diligently to keep them here by discussing the situation and trying to be fair.

In the end, we get "The" letter from the person in question, which vindicates our decision and proves the bannee to be the raging, disrespectful punk that he is. These letters are so full of vitriol and hatred toward the site and you, the members, that you would be shocked to read them.

Suffice it to say that I am very comfortable with Julian's banning, and although I was not the one who banned him, I agreed to the decision. We make these decisions for the betterment and health of the forum, never for personal vendettas or annoyances.

Every now and then I like to give a little behind-the-scenes glimpse of mod-land, in the hope that it conveys that there's always way more than meets the eye in a ban of a long-time member, and I personally think you guys deserve to know how we view our responsibilities. We take perma-bans very seriously and regard it as an absolute last resort. That inevitable, final message from the bannee, telling us how he really feels about you, the membership, always lets us know that we made the right decision.
He actually sent me a positive message lol.

The thing is, it wasn’t even ‘rage’ as you put it. It’s more of a ‘cut the crap’ kind of attitude that’s interpreted as being aggressive. Either that, or it’s just laughing at someone’s stupidity kind of attitude, not even when someone simply doesn’t know, but more so when they lack simple common sense that most people should have regardless of their level of game. Dudes like Poon King created a polarized self-righteous dogma in a one-size-fits-all type of way (which you should never do with women), but Julian wasn’t one of those guys though.

I think in this case, what is being said is more important than how it’s being said.

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll put the nail on the preverbial coffin Julian. Many mods like Bill have come and go. I had the chance to be a mod years ago but decided to pass...

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think mods tend to close threads when they deem them to be "Kindergarten fighting." While I'm not too familiar with whatever thread it was that was your last straw, I bet he had an OK at best reason.

I think you've got a little too much free time if you think it's your job to "expose" people on this corner-store forum

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He actually sent me a positive message lol.

The thing is, it wasn’t even ‘rage’ as you put it. It’s more of a ‘cut the crap’ kind of attitude that’s interpreted as being aggressive. Either that, or it’s just laughing at someone’s stupidity kind of attitude, not even when someone simply doesn’t know, but more so when they lack simple common sense that most people should have regardless of their level of game. Dudes like Poon King created a polarized self-righteous dogma in a one-size-fits-all type of way (which you should never do with women), but Julian wasn’t one of those guys though.

I think in this case, what is being said is more important than how it’s being said.
He sent you a positive message, but you're not a mod, right? You guys can write your love letters to each other, but your mutual interpretation has no bearing whatsoever on how we moderate. The rules are posted at the top of most of the forums, in case anyone wants to review them.

When a man proves to be completely out of control and bereft of respect for the rules and the platform itself, he is banned.

I recommend that you re-read (or initially read as the case may be) the forum rules. These are the rules that 100% of us agreed to upon signing up, and that 99% abide by with no problem.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I have noticed that a lot of the old guys get banned after a while. There’s a type of degrade that happens over time.
Yep. MANY outstanding members have gone down the same path. Outstanding members who then let the popularity get to their head. Then they start to think that their popularity means they get slack on the rules and can start attacking other members and causing other trouble. Members who have gone down this path include BigNeil, Poon King, Tenacity, and others. A couple of the members on the top #20 most popular list now have started to slip down this path but came around after a warning.