"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

calling all liars!

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2003
Messages
5,135
Reaction score
82
Location
Beyond your peripheral vision
i just wanted some feedback on this one.

i know that there are a lot of fellas on here who will admit that they lie to girls often, whether it is because there is more than one chic, or just because (whatever your reason may be). you may even find that you lie to friends, ect., just as easily.


well i wanted to ask you liars, do you find that you don't trust anyone?

this would be common sense to me, and i definately have my hypothesis, but i wanted to hear it from the horses mouth as well.

thanks kindly! :D
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
I sort of trust everyone but at the same time almost noone... I'm so open and extrovert that I'll tell just about anything to anyone.

But I do lie alot.
 

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2003
Messages
5,135
Reaction score
82
Location
Beyond your peripheral vision
i knew you would reply. :D

anyways, do you find yourself distrustful of a person's intentions? do you find yourself relating to something they say as a lie? since it is so easy for you to lie, do you find yourself "seeing through" another person's "lies"?
 

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 23, 2003
Messages
504
Reaction score
2
Jeezus christ,

get off your high horse, do you think men who lie, only lie to girls???

typically a guy who lies to girls, lies to their friends, boss's, family members, everyone

when I lie, its for a good cause or some gain on my part (i.e. lying for why you didnt call someone back)

I trust many people and still lie
 

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2003
Messages
5,135
Reaction score
82
Location
Beyond your peripheral vision
Originally posted by ManOMan
get off your high horse, do you think men who lie, only lie to girls
i never said they did. the question was specifically aimed at those who do. dumbass. :rolleyes:

and what the hell would that have to do with a high horse, retard?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

THA REALNESS

Banned
Joined
Aug 14, 2003
Messages
849
Reaction score
0
Location
Yo Momma 's Snatch
A little white lie ..yes here and there but not on myself but the situation like if a girl asks me if i like her i might lie for the grater good ;smell me??

But lie as in about my age ,my major ,my life plans ,and just blatantly lie ??? NO.
 

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2003
Messages
5,135
Reaction score
82
Location
Beyond your peripheral vision
the question is not "do you lie?"

it is what are the side effects? because you are untrustworthy, do you see others as untrustworthy? have you even noticed?
 

THA REALNESS

Banned
Joined
Aug 14, 2003
Messages
849
Reaction score
0
Location
Yo Momma 's Snatch
The only side effects lying has for me is that i have to go thrugh less bullsh1t with people cuz like i said i only lie about igsignificant things and do it to advance on getting to my goals.

Do i see people as less trusthworthy ?? Not really i am preconditionded to be selfish and mistrusting of others cuz of survival instincts and my experiences with people. Not because i lie and i know others lie.


Iqqi just because people lie doesn't make them untrustworthy.Your Mother has lied to people at one time or another ,do you not trust her?
 

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by iqqi
i knew you would reply. :D

anyways, do you find yourself distrustful of a person's intentions? do you find yourself relating to something they say as a lie? since it is so easy for you to lie, do you find yourself "seeing through" another person's "lies"?
Nah my problem is really my IQ... I have very high scores on logical and cognitive tests (Scoring 150-160 etc). Like in situations I can logically calculate the outcome of a situation and I also have a very irritating perfection of details. I pick up on any sort of details anything from how some girls hair was 6 months ago to how a word was pronounced. This though leads to some overanalyzing at times.

Say I know both a guy and a girl and they are both on MSN, if I know they have talked with eachother earlier and if I see them both go into awaymodus close to eachother I'll instinctivly think that they might have talked and that's why they used longer time responding to me.

I also am very good at telling if someone lies, I'm not sure why but I pick it up very fast and naturally.

Yes I will be distrustfull of some peoples intentions but I also have a natural nack of actually being correct when it comes ot my distrust.... I read people (aslong as I actually don't like that person alot as in a girl) very easily and eg in a social setting I'm able to pickup on who likes who, who has done something with who etc. Add this with the fact that people tell me everything I tend to know alot of stuff about people near me and near them this creates somewhat distrust to certain people for certain things but not much because overall I don't care about much, I'm never negative due to other people I'm always very positive and happy I just tend to never expect anything but take everything that happens for granted, reality and lifes natural flow.

I don't lie because I'm distrustful I lie because I can and sometimes it's very helpfull.

Btw I'm a gemini (sign) which are naturally great liars and manipulative.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 23, 2003
Messages
504
Reaction score
2
Iqqi,

I think you may be on to something. I think the way you view the world is a mirror of how you treat people

so yes, if you are a chronic liar, chances are you believe alot of people are lying to you

if you believe its a dog eat dog world and everyone is out to get you, you are going to do whatever you can "to get them, before they get you"

on the flipside, if you believe everyone is trustworthy, then you will expect everyone to trust you too

your world is a reflection of who you are on the inside and vice versa
 

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
699
Reaction score
1
The dynamics of a lie.

A lie is a statement given with the intent to mislead. The fuzzy thing about lying is that a lie is not necessarily the opposite of the truth.

Lies of omission - This is the one I'm always guilty of. It's when you leave something out on purpose. The motivation, on my part, is usually to preserve my air of mystery or possibly spare me some rhetoric from a judgmental person.

Lies of Commission - This is the one that I try to avoid. Saying something that is purposely not true.

White Lie - A lie told to spare somebody's feelings. I usually tell them the brutal truth.

Boldfaced Lie - a lie so outrageous that everybody knows it's a lie.

To answer your question, I find it difficult to accept compliments as the truth. And, with some people I do think that there are things that they're not telling me.

I also find that I believe most of what I hear.

So, perhaps there's something to it.
 

InLawsHateMe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2002
Messages
1,165
Reaction score
0
Location
Columbus, Ohio USA
Hey I don't know what is lies, and what makes up lies, and who is doin it for what reason or visa versa but....


I have a 12 inch penis, incase anyone wanted to know.. 8)
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

joey37

Banned
Joined
Oct 9, 2003
Messages
243
Reaction score
1
I don't let people ride in the front seat with me, because my balls ride shotgun.
 

Eileen

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 15, 2003
Messages
405
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Big Pappy
Lies of omission
Lies of Commission
White Lie
Boldfaced Lie
Out of curiosity, which of these lies to you find acceptable? Meaning no less than, if someone used that type of lie and you found out, would it still be acceptable to you?

I find lies of omission to be as bad as lies of commission.

(Wow Joey! I'd like to see that :p)
 

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
I would accept no lies if I deemed the information important or something I wanted to know or should know....

It's not like I will care much though but I will respect the person less.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Top