Call, wait, or move on?

Abcd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a freshman in college, a couple months past the end of my first LTR. I met a smart, interesting, beautiful girl at a party on Friday night. An old friend introduced me, and it turned out this girl is roommates with a high-school friend of mine. I acted pretty cool, and that combined with props from our mutual friend had this girl digging me. She complimented me a few times, lots of smiling, etc. I invited her to come back to my dorm room with her friend afterwards (the friend lives in my building, so I figured she could conveniently take her leave once we got settled).

Unfortunately, another one of the guys we had been talking with on and off asked this girl to "take a walk" (good one, i should have used that), and even more unfortunately, she agreed to go. I figured, "alright she's gone, move on." But though I saw this ****blocker with the girl a couple minutes later, they had already appeared back in the hall we were in after another 5-10. When my roommate and I left the party 15 min. later, we bumped into my friend, the HB, and the ****blocker out on the sidewalk. My friend was like, "Heyyy we were just talking about you contemplating what to do." So I just ignore the guy standing there and say "you two should contemplate my phone number, we'll be in my room back at the dorm," and then promptly walk away as if I don't really care whether they come or not. (while praying silently haha)

Well they never showed up, the rest of the night was way fun, and I forgot about them until the next morning when I saw my friend by the elevator. She's says, "Hey, (HB) was raving about you last night." And I'm like "really? She's really cute." My friend tells me yeah, she asked for your phone number. Obviously I told her to give it to her.

I saw my friend later in the day again, and said in passing that "i wish I'd gotten that girl's number." So my friend says here let me give it too you, I'm like naa, she's like yeah just have it, even if you don't call her. So I take the number.

Whoo sorry, too much detail probably. Obviously I'm a little too excited about this one. Should I call this girl, or would it seem too weird? Should I wait for her to call me? If so, how long? If my friend tells the HB that I have her number, she'll probably wait for *me* to call. Or should I just forget the same thing and get the ****ing number myself with the next girl?

Another possibility is I could ask my friend whether she thinks this girl will call or not. But I kinda don't want to imply that I'm super interested, even though I am pretty smitten with this girl.

Thanks

Trance

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont phone her yourself. Use your friend, its so easy! Tell your friend to tell the girl that when she asked you for your number, you had a positive reaction, and that you seemed interested, and she should call asap.

Abcd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That takes the control out of my hands though. Would it seem too weird if I just called her up on thursday or friday and asked her out for the weekend? The other problem is that I don't have a car here at college, so I don't know what I'd do with her. But mainly I'm just wondering what the best course of action is to get back together with her in the first place.

Reaction score
You have 100% assurance she likes you - so go for it, before the other dude jumps on her bones!! Take it her bowling if it's close to campus!!

Abcd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you think it would be too forward just to ask her to come over to my room and watch a movie? Bowling seems kinda lame, though there is one close by...

Also, should I call one day in advance or two? I feel weird with this one, considering she didn't actually give me her number. I can't think of any cool lines or anything, so I guess I'll just keep it simple and confident, say something like "hey, it's abcd. . . I somehow managed to not get your number from you last weekend, so I got it from jill . . . want to hang out with me tomorrow night?"

Bowling... i guess that's a decent plan, kinda non-threatening

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call her. You got her number in a non-stalker way, and you know she likes you. No need to be embarrassed that she didn't give it to you herself.

I'd think of something better than bowling though. Is there a good market anywhere near you thaty you could spend an hour wandering around?

Abcd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I'm going to call, thursday or friday. Just wondering what the heck I'm going to ask her to do with me. It's freezing cold at my school right now, and no car limits the options big time. Bowling is pretty lame. I'm thinking about just inviting her over for a movie, but that's such an obvious "come make out with me" that it's not really where I want to go with this. Dating girls was in many ways much easier senior year of high school when I had my house to myself and access to a car. I'll think on it, hopefully someone has a bright idea.

There is another party at the same fraternity this weekend, so I could ask her to come to that, but that's defenitely not seperating her from the heard. I need some alone time to work my magic.