"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

call or email?

DJintheworks

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 25, 2001
Messages
463
Reaction score
0
It's been a LONG time since I've posted here but I got a first time situation. Normally I'll just ask a girl to go get a drink or come over to my place. But my cousin calls me Sunday and starts asking me if I can "be nice" to a girl for once. Turns out she bumped into one of her kids swimming teachers. And she claims this girl is the hottest thing ever. I doubt it, but my cousin is cool and she knows that I don't date dogs. So she gave me the girls # (i can't tell if its a home phone or a cell) and her email address. Ive never been on a blind date but figured this might be fun (or at least an experience). Since I know next to nothing about this girl or her schedule or what she likes to do. I was thinking about emailing her (normally NOT MY STYLE) because of those reasons, but I have no idea what to put. Since I don't want to be pen pals I want to meet her asap, but I don't want to have to try calling her a couple times not knowing when she might be available. Any guys out there know how to play this?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

DJintheworks

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 25, 2001
Messages
463
Reaction score
0
oops, I meant meet her soon after initial contact to avoid talking on the phone or emailing each other too much (which could easily happen since weve never met). I'm a busy guy so Im in no hurry. But my cousin bumped into her last Friday gave me a call on Sunday night and now its Tuesday so I don't want it to get to be too old of a subject.
 

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 14, 2003
Messages
586
Reaction score
0
Call her up....

Tell her your cousin thought we'd have fun together and she generally has good taste, would you like to go out for a drink this ________?
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Just call her, you have her number, you didn't come by it via unscrupulous means and it is your style to call. Don't pvssy foot around, there's no need to.
 

Shot Callin

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
Arizona
Well if she gave you the phone and email, my guess is that they discussed it at least somewhat. In other words if you call her, she will be expecting it.

So I would call her. The best time to call is between Sunday and Wednesday, between 8-10 (usually 9:30) because that is the best chance she will be doing nothing. That way you can also set up a date for the following fri/sat, or for the next if need be.

Have two days for option, and two activities before you call. Besides that, just do it. You have nothing to gain by worrying about it right? Remember the DJ is not needy, he just wants to have a good time.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top