Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

E

Energizer

What a pile of w*nk.

Story mode is lacklustre to say the least, it's too short to be worth the money and not only that the story line is ridiculous and the multiplayer/online stuff is pathetic.

Has anyone got it? What do you think?

katatonia

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fvck the single player, this game is a multiplayer game FOREMOST and single player/co-op SECONDLY. The single player mode only takes a few hours to beat for **** sake. So I will judge it accordingly...

Yes the multiplayer in MW2 fails (PC version) compared to WAW. There was a lot of nice new things added to multiplayer (more kill streaks, more attachments, more customisation, more balanced perks, etc) but when it comes down to gameplay it's just not as good. They nerfed strafe-spraying and hipfire accuracy from what I can tell, which was the ultimate counter to sh1t cvnts who just camp in 1 spot and aim in 1 spot all game. MW2 actually PROMOTES this type of crappy game play; sit in 1 spot and zoom in and kill the people that run into your crosshair. Yeah lots of skill involved in that, you can clearly tell the game developers have autism or are total sh1t cvnts themselves. If you try run in to kill people you usually get slapped because you don't even get time to zoom in because you are moving (unless the enemy is terrible) and if you don't zoom you can't hit anything, especially from medium range and long range.

There's more maps but they're big, there's more camping spots than WAW and it's hard to see people, which again promotes people sitting in 1 spot because you can't see them until it's too late.

Counter-Strike, World at War are brilliant games and MW2 could've probably been better than both but no they had to **** it up. This always happens with games nowadays (idiot game developers who don't know anything about balance, probably the most important aspect of competitive games like this) so I'm not holding my breath for a better FPS than CS 1.6.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was going to buy it but allocated my money elsewhere. Reading stuff like this makes me feel better about not buying it yet. :)

I'm trying to max out Mass Effect right now, anyways, so I don't need any more games. I'm on my last play through. Seriously, Mass Effect is the best game ever to play if you just want to space out and not think about anything for a while.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't believe that piece of sh!t broke Halo 3 and The Dark Knight's records.

The game engine for that series is and always has been complete sh!t.

"Seriously, Mass Effect is the best game ever to play if you just want to space out and not think about anything for a while."

Damn right.

One of the best game soundtracks too.

Blank

Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone has been sayin this game is awesome and the story for the single player is epic. Haven't been into the shooters since vegas but from what I've read and heard about this game, its good.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Blank said:
Everyone has been sayin this game is awesome and the story for the single player is epic. Haven't been into the shooters since vegas but from what I've read and heard about this game, its good.
If by everyone you mean the massive advertising campaign then you are completely correct.

Go to http://arstechnica.com/ for a pointlessly thorough and unbiased review.

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
katatonia said:
Fvck the single player, this game is a multiplayer game FOREMOST and single player/co-op SECONDLY. The single player mode only takes a few hours to beat for **** sake. So I will judge it accordingly...

Yes the multiplayer in MW2 fails (PC version) compared to WAW. There was a lot of nice new things added to multiplayer (more kill streaks, more attachments, more customisation, more balanced perks, etc) but when it comes down to gameplay it's just not as good. They nerfed strafe-spraying and hipfire accuracy from what I can tell, which was the ultimate counter to sh1t cvnts who just camp in 1 spot and aim in 1 spot all game. MW2 actually PROMOTES this type of crappy game play; sit in 1 spot and zoom in and kill the people that run into your crosshair. Yeah lots of skill involved in that, you can clearly tell the game developers have autism or are total sh1t cvnts themselves. If you try run in to kill people you usually get slapped because you don't even get time to zoom in because you are moving (unless the enemy is terrible) and if you don't zoom you can't hit anything, especially from medium range and long range.

There's more maps but they're big, there's more camping spots than WAW and it's hard to see people, which again promotes people sitting in 1 spot because you can't see them until it's too late.

Counter-Strike, World at War are brilliant games and MW2 could've probably been better than both but no they had to **** it up. This always happens with games nowadays (idiot game developers who don't know anything about balance, probably the most important aspect of competitive games like this) so I'm not holding my breath for a better FPS than CS 1.6.
you play couner-strike?
whats ur steam username?

katatonia

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Crazy Asian said:
you play couner-strike?
whats ur steam username?
I quit CS a few months ago sorry heh :p

I installed Windows 7 recently and I haven't even bothered logging into steam to download CS or COD. I'm too busy playing WoW, it's a **** game for the most part but I'm addicted lol. :(

katatonia

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
fuzzx said:
Fallout 3 is the best FPS/RPG so far..
Please explain to me how an FPS can even become close to 'the best' without having a multiplayer component?

Versing actual PEOPLE with aim, instead of crappy unrealistic AI with aimbot makes the game 10x more fun, realistic, competitive, etc and you can play it for ages without getting bored because it's not the same old **** every time. I played scrims almost every day in CS 1.6 for 5 years before getting bored of it and that game cost me $10.

Jamo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Try Dragon Age:Origins. If wow is addicting, this is 10X more. LOL

katatonia said:
I quit CS a few months ago sorry heh :p

I installed Windows 7 recently and I haven't even bothered logging into steam to download CS or COD. I'm too busy playing WoW, it's a **** game for the most part but I'm addicted lol. :(

BlakeW5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Seriously? You guys don't like the online play?

Personally I think it's awesome. Yeah, it can be kind of "campy" but it isn't all that bad.

Honestly, I like a mix of camping and run-and-gun. On PS3 MW1 was all run-and-gun....strap on a P90 and spray-and-pray. MW2 has a bit more strategy built into the gameplay. You can't just run down the middle of the street blasting people (fun...but gets old), and you can't camp for too long, there's plenty of ways to prevent that and sniff out the campers.

Anyway, if anyones got it on PS3 and they don't suck K/D 1.2+ hit me up : blakew5

Sojourn

Don Juan
Reaction score
katatonia said:
Please explain to me how an FPS can even become close to 'the best' without having a multiplayer component?

Versing actual PEOPLE with aim, instead of crappy unrealistic AI with aimbot makes the game 10x more fun, realistic, competitive, etc and you can play it for ages without getting bored because it's not the same old **** every time. I played scrims almost every day in CS 1.6 for 5 years before getting bored of it and that game cost me $10.
Have you ever played Half Life? Seriously you don't need to have multiplayer in order to be the greatest FPS of all time.

fuzzx said:
Fallout 3 is the best FPS/RPG so far..
I don't know how it can be the best FPS or RPG when both areas of the game are lacking. The shooting isn't particularly good, and the RPG elements are lacking. I'm not saying Fallout 3 is **** but it isn't the best FPS or RPG. Also for being a single player focused game the story is :down: especially the cookie cutter ending. Most disappointing game so far for me. MW2 is exactly what I thought it would be average single player, and solid multiplayer. BTW if you have a PS3 Uncharted 2 seems like the game for you. It has the best story of any game on PS3/360/Wii IMO. Although some areas of the game are lacking it has been my favorite so far.

KontrollerX said:
I can't believe that piece of sh!t broke Halo 3 and The Dark Knight's records.

The game engine for that series is and always has been complete sh!t.

"Seriously, Mass Effect is the best game ever to play if you just want to space out and not think about anything for a while."

Damn right.

One of the best game soundtracks too.
Have to disagree with you on Mass Effect. For a game that takes place in space its pretty ****ing empty. There is very little to do in that game, and the gameplay mechanics are lacking. Shooting could have been much better, and driving was atrocious. Fallout 3 was my biggest disappointment so far, and Mass Effect was a close second.

Nygard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I tend to stay away from games that are aimed towards multiplayer gaming.I dislike playing with people who play like 12 hours a day and 13 year-olds, which make most of the Xbox live players.

Because it doesn't have multiplayer and I know the opponent is an AI bot, not programmed to be like you.

nikdevid

Reaction score
It's a solid game but MW2 as an overall package doesn't deserve that score of 9.9.. Oh well, that's their opinion and not mine..

katatonia

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sojourn said:
Have you ever played Half Life? Seriously you don't need to have multiplayer in order to be the greatest FPS of all time.
Umm yes I have and it is fun for what, 10 hours? This is why I will never understand buying FPS for single player campaign only; sure it may be fun at the start until you finish the campaign then what? You can't do anything else except repeat the game on perhaps a harder difficulty. This cannot compare in any way to competing against other people.

Counter-Strike on the other hand is pretty much just a multiplayer version of Half-Life and I played that game almost daily for 5 years without getting bored of it.

Also, getting back on topic here I must add that I have played MW2 a few more times and it wasn't as bad as I originally judged. Being in Australia you get red ping servers about 90% of the time which absolutely sucks because you can't hit ANYTHING, but aside from that it is a very solid game and if they fixed the bull**** matchmaking system along with the 9v9 maximum player nonsense I would definitely buy it. Two main things that irk me about the gameplay is you die too fast (being on red ping vsing someone on green ping = instant loss because he shoots you first and you die in like 2 hits most of the time) and the blood spatter on your screen when you get hit is ridiculous, you can't see SH1T for like 10 seconds. This again reduces the skill cap of the game, catering to idiots who think they're good because 'they shot you first' or 'they got you from behind', never mind the fact that their (lack of) aim was nowhere near you when they killed you though and you weren't outplayed by the player but moreso by luck and silly imbalanced game mechanics. :rolleyes:

E

Energizer

I'm starting to get into this game slightly more and I'm starting to enjoy it. I kept taking out some 12 year w*nker and practically reduced him to tears, I guess he'll actually go to school instead of feigning injury so he can sit in his room and play it all day. But, I wouldn't say I enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the first one. I like a basic game with basic weaponry and where you can run around and kill for fun. MW2 is for gamers who take their gaming as seriously as making money, it's all tactical and people focus more about their kill/death count than having fun, so they reduce themselves to camping in corners and in ridges blasting away their opponents as they scurry past. This spoils the game, but all in all there is nothing I can do about it.

One thing I noticed is that the Coldblooded perk doesn't work, I still show up on people's heartbeat sensors and my Ninja footsteps aren't really effective, but either way, I'll guess I'll have to get used to people running around with heartbeat sensors and thermal scopes.

Has anyone else changed their mind on the game?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
katatonia said:
Umm yes I have and it is fun for what, 10 hours? This is why I will never understand buying FPS for single player campaign only; sure it may be fun at the start until you finish the campaign then what? You can't do anything else except repeat the game on perhaps a harder difficulty. This cannot compare in any way to competing against other people.
Yes... having a thrill for 10 hours is lame. Forget the story, the atmosphere, the music, even the visuals. What's really fun is buying a game and playing it endlessly for years.

Like World of Warcraft or Counter Strike. That's where the real fun is. Single player blows.