Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Calculus class makes me want to cry

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All those other problems you mentioned are just essentially integration and differentiation. The only difference is that they're applied to something.

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's my study method for Calculus (got 100% in Cal I and II):

1- Never miss a note given in class (you don't have to understand everything beforehand; I am a big procrastinator, so I am against reading the book in advance... and it still works for me)

2- Write every homework, exercise to do at home, and chapters to read in the book on a SEPARATE sheet, that way you can keep track of what you are doing.

3- Organize your time so that you can do the following, in the exact order, before the exam (don't mess up and be short on time, you WILL fail, because you need to do everything):

a) Read the chapter in the book, and RE-DO THE EXAMPLES without looking at the solution written in the book (ie you re-write the question and do it again). While you are doing this, take note of the KEY elements that you might not remember on a separate summary sheet. Put a checkmark next to the appropriate pages on the sheet you have written all the exercises and pages to read on.

b) Read the notes give in class, and RE-DO THE EXAMPLES given in class. While you are doing this, take note of the KEY elements that you might not remember on a separate summary sheet. Put a checkmark next to the appropriate pages on the sheet you have written all the exercises and pages to read on.

c) Make sure you understand the theory PERFECTLY and that you can do all the examples without looking at the solution.

d) Then, and ONLY THEN, will you start doing the exercises in the book. Check the answer after each problem. Re-do the problems you did not get right. If there is a problem you don't get right after the second time, or you really don't know how to do it, GO BACK TO "a" AND START OVER. After you're done, look at the sheet you have written all the exercises on, and re-do the ones you have missed on the first try (hoping there are not too many).

Best of luck with Calculus! I hope this helps.

Now back to studying for my Physiology final... (Why am I even on here???)

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to be good at Calculus, take a refresher algebra course. Yep, ALGEBRA. It's the foundation for nearly everything in Calculus, and having the basics down 100% will carry you a long way.

This was told to me by one of the most respected PhD professors in Mechanical Engineering at Ohio State, I didn't just pull it out of my ass.

So far things have been a breeze for me. I start multivariable calculus (it's 254 at my school, I guess it's like IV in the series some of you talk about) this summer and then get into my core Mechanical Engineering classes in the Autumn. Oh how I can't wait for ME 410 :D

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
heh welcome to the world of mech eng young padawan
:cheer:

just wait till you start with cad or matlab, you're either gonna love or hate it.

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Centaurion
heh welcome to the world of mech eng young padawan
:cheer:

just wait till you start with cad or matlab, you're either gonna love or hate it.
MATLAB is the sh*t, I kinda like using it because I took an intro to C++ class and I can breeze right through most anything in it. The finals for my fundamentals of engineering were in MATLAB and I rocked them like a hurricane :)

Have you ever used Inventor 8? I like that a lot too. Both that and the MATLAB were in my first year cirriculum.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah matlab rocks. i got my matlab finals in two days. but what sucks is that we have to do the exam by hand :(

coldcoal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had the same problem in college. Get a tutor. Mine was a petite little asian girl.....