Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Caffeine addiction

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Flexpart,
Some years ago work mate collapsed and was carted off in an ambulance...The verdict was the 20+cups of Jaffah he was drinking every day,had triggered a Stomach ulcer,which bled....He was anaemic as his body was consuming his own blood!

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting topic Flexpert. I typically drink coffee most mornings but I do find I have to keep an eye on how my body reacts and I must detox from it a few times a year. (Like for a week or so). I get flu like symptoms if I am withdrawing after doing coffee in the mornings with quad espresso late in the day for some time & just feel awful for 2 or 3 days.

I will not drink the energy drinks or anything artificially sweetened for that matter. Aspartame is a derivative of a fixative used in the embalming process that was shelved in the 1970s because they found that greater than 50% of the rats given high doses during animal testing developed brain cancer. After saccharine was found to cause cancer in the 1980s there was a huge backlash against saccharine and someone in the government pulled aspartame off the shelf. It is TERRIBLE stuff. My ex husband had an uncle who drank a 12 pack daily of Diet Coke sweetened with aspartame for years. Guess what he died of in his 60s? Brain cancer.

Propylene glycol (antifreeze) is sweet too, but I sure don’t want to be consuming it (it’s poison and will kill you painfully upon ingestion).

I do not sweeten my coffee ever. I like it with heavy whipping cream and otherwise bitter. I also drink various teas (proper caffeinated tea as well as rooibos tea, which is not caffeinated).

The only safe sweetener beyond sugar (which isn’t safe in a refined form) is stevia, a member of the mint family. It’s actually much better for you than sugar but it’s expensive to produce en masse so not widely used beyond expensive products bought by people who frequent Whole Foods (otherwise known as Whole Paycheck), lol.

I eat very little artificial processed food, subscribe to a keto low carb diet and keep quality food on hand. Caffeine I do utilize but in moderation as I have learned my body will only tolerate so much and needs a break from time to time.

Right now I have a headache I’ve had since last night. Probably from processed salami I got from a grab and go kiosk at an airport yesterday. Pay close attention to your body & you’ll learn what does & doesn’t work for you.

Cheers

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive tried to quit so many times. After a hard fight Im finally almost 1 year off it.

I have to say that I started to notice some benefits after 6 months. Now it seems its only getting better. It is completely changing me.

But its damn hard. First months I wasnt productive and had zero motivation.

Its a drug that is very addictive. And you can only notice how much it changed your brain and behavior when your body starts to recover from whithdrawal.

Same goes for alcohol. Its another thing Im investing all my energy in to quit. I'm 36 days off it and it's amazing how things improve without it.

Some guys said that they could only felt completely recovered after 2 years without consuming caffeine.
I need to quit it to lower my overall stress bucket...

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is a really good video on caffeine and the experience of going off of it. My mom had a coffee with me, her first in something like 20 years, and she was tripping balls for about 8 hours after.

I don't think quitting is easy, but a lot of people get bad headaches when they don't get their hit. I don't. I drink two cups a day in the morning and try to stay away from any more.

Cut out sugar and any kind of sweetener.

leonnyy

Reaction score
I'm drinking lots of strong teas (3-5 cups of maté/matcha) in the mornings, or sometimes a few cups of cold brew coffee, then have an energy drink (Ghost or Bang) in the afternoon. I've been at this for several months, yet I sleep fine, about 8 hours every night, and don't feel stressed or burnt out. I find having a late afternoon energy drinks puts me in a higher RPM for several hours without a crash and leads to much better performance when I hit the gym after work.

I've done caffeine "detoxes" in the past by tapering down then quitting cold turkey but I inevitably come back to it after a month or two. I'm actually not convinced I want to be caffeine-free indefinitely. Anyone else relate? It's hard to consider it an addiction when it seems to provide tangible benefits, but it's definitely a dependance/crutch at least.

Also when I think about it I suspect the energy drinks and other additives are more habit forming than caffeine/coffee on its own.
A more difficult refusal of coffee is due to the fact that it has firmly integrated into our culture - the heroes of films and TV shows will definitely drink a cup of coffee in the morning with some delicious additives - cream or syrups, on Instagram everyone shows what kind of breakfast they have and also drink coffee .. It's like they're trying to convince you that you can't function properly without it. And I think it's the same with alcohol. It is drunk by beautiful people in films and then they feel better. You just need to focus only on yourself and come up with your own morning and evening rituals.

M

member160761

You just need to focus only on yourself and come up with your own morning and evening rituals.
Exactly. I got addicted to caffeine three years ago and get severe headache when I try to quit it. At most I managed one month without drinking it, tried to wean myself off with matcha tea but I crave the smell and flavor even from cheap automaton-coffee. Before I got addicted I had a fixed daily routine of prayer and reading the Bible in the morning and evening. It gave me firmness, strength and energy throughout the day, something I could count on. With coffee you spend a ****ton of money over time and destroy your health, and are dependent on an external consumable to get yourself fixed, while real joy and energy comes from within.

Dragonfly

Banned
Reaction score
Probably no other drug has had more false science backing the industry and most people believe it.

Coffee addicts perpetuate the lofty information about the purported health benefits with them daily, like tripping parrots.

Caffeine is not healthy to take every day. It is a strong drug.

Dragonfly

Banned
Reaction score
Furthermore, cafes have turned into anti social environments. Most people at cafes will not communicate with anyone unless they are already friends.

Many cafes have women who dress attractively yet they are intensely-disinterested in conversing with real life men. Everyone at cafes are staring at laptops and other devices, behaving too busy even if they are not. Many baristas have feminist and political issues and that ruins it for everyone else.

The caffeine and internet devices disconnects people more. Plus a regular coffee is around $5 now, and they expect a tip for some reason. Why pay that much for a disinterested scowl?

Unless you are with someone you already know, good luck sparking up conversations in cafe environments.

Cafes are anti social today unless you are already with friends. The women mostly have the cant-be-bothered attitude while wearing yoga pants.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I looked at the actual publication; it's a "Population based prospective cohort study" aka epidemiological study, which is not a science - it relies on self-reported surveys and statistical analysis (aka correlation or as the study says "association").

Epidemiological studies, are fundamentally flawed and yet they make up about 99.9% of nutritional studies and is why everyone is wrong about everything in the realm of nutrition.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Furthermore, cafes have turned into anti social environments. Most people at cafes will not communicate with anyone unless they are already friends.

Many cafes have women who dress attractively yet they are intensely-disinterested in conversing with real life men. Everyone at cafes are staring at laptops and other devices, behaving too busy even if they are not. Many baristas have feminist and political issues and that ruins it for everyone else.

The caffeine and internet devices disconnects people more. Plus a regular coffee is around $5 now, and they expect a tip for some reason. Why pay that much for a disinterested scowl?

Unless you are with someone you already know, good luck sparking up conversations in cafe environments.

Cafes are anti social today unless you are already with friends. The women mostly have the cant-be-bothered attitude while wearing yoga pants.
Idk, the place I go has lots of friendly people. Then again it also sells kratom and kava so it draws in a unique crowd. I approached a group of 4 women at a table the other week and they were friendly. Baristas are all super friendly too. It entirely depends on the city and the particular shop. But a typical hipster coffee shop is usually not social I admit.

M

member160761

I am at a point where I cannot drink caffeine save macha tea. Whenever I drink a sip of coffee or Red Bull I want to spit it out. Had so much my body let alone taste buds can take it.

RahulSHrs

Reaction score
Hello friends, too much of artificial sweetners can gradually destroy our brains memory power. Too much of anything can never be fine.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello friends, too much of artificial sweetners can gradually destroy our brains memory power. Too much of anything can never be fine.
[citation needed]