Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bye bye gains :'(

Loki.7

Banned
Reaction score
So Wednesday morning I got up feeling like crap. Forced some food down and threw it up.

I ate sausage and potatoes later and threw that back up. Litrerally my body was so angry at me daring to eat and I projectile vomitted everything inside me out.

I've got really bad tonsillitis. Couldn't eat or drink. Doctor got really concerned and put me on antibiotics. THEY ARE WORKING!!! :D I'm starting to feel better and can drink again and slowly started to eat again.

Mostly soups, broth and a bit of fruit.

I looked in the mirror and I look like death. It appears I've lost a significant amount of weight. FFS.

Gone from slim muscular to skinny aids look in a matter of days.

Really annoying because my strength and size has been increasing really well lately. Probably going to take me another week or so before you set foot in the gym.

Advise?

Can't be forcing just anything down my throat ATM as risk of throwing up is still real.

Damage limitation at this point. Still dehydrated AF literally couldn't stomach water at one point. I'm drinking alright ATM so my body is slowly re hydrating.

Last edited:

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Focus on recovering and get back to the gains when you're fit for it. Gains you've previously had come back very fast. Take 3-5g of creatine per day too for a fuller look due to the intracellular water retention

Loki.7

Banned
Reaction score
Focus on recovering and get back to the gain when you're fit for it. Gains you've previously had come back very fast. Take 3-5g of creatine per day too for a fuller look due to the intracellular water retention
Creatine now or wait?

I was taking creatine before I got ill

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So Wednesday morning I got up feeling like crap. Forced some food down and threw it up.

I ate sausage and potatoes later and threw that back up. Litrerally my body was so angry at me daring to eat and I projectile vomitted everything inside me out.

I've got really bad tonsillitis. Couldn't eat or drink. Doctor got really concerned and put me on antibiotics. THEY ARE WORKING!!! :D I'm starting to feel better and can drink again and slowly started to eat again.

I looked in the mirror and I look like death. It appears I've lost a significant amount of weight. FFS.

Really annoying because my strength and size has been increasing really well lately. Probably going to take me another week or so before you set foot in the gym.

Advise?

Can't be forcing just anything down my throat ATM as risk of throwing up is still real.

Damage limitation at this point. Still dehydrated AF literally couldn't stomach water at one point. I'm drinking alright ATM so my body is slowly re hydrating.
Your first priority should be allowing your body an opportunity to recover. You will get back on the horse when you’re good and ready.

Loki.7

Banned
Reaction score
To be honest it is. Just kinda sucks to be bed bound all week with my body eating itself.

Probably most the weight I lost is dyhyraration. Just kinda sucked to look in the mirror so just ranting mainly.

Any advice on how to bounce back asap

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be honest it is. Just kinda sucks to be bed bound all week with my body eating itself.

Probably most the weight I lost is dyhyraration. Just kinda sucked to look in the mirror so just ranting mainly.

Your body is not eating itself. It takes 3 days of not eating just to burn through glycogen. Then your body will prioritize using fat over muscle.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No way you lost your gains that quick. Your body is dehydrated and your glycogen stores are depleted. Your muscles are like balloons and glycogen and water make them full, hard and veiny.... if you would keep this up for a few weeks your body will start burning fat and muscle for energy and you will lose those gains. When your better eat like a maniac and you will be amazed at how you puff back up

mjb3617

Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen to your body and let it rest. You won't lose your gains that quick.

It's beneficial to take some time off from lifting every now and then. In your case, it's unplanned, but look at the positive side of it. You can catch up on sleep and rest. Stay hydrated and eat lightly until your stomach can handle heavier meals.

Loki.7

Banned
Reaction score
So the antibiotics have cleared the throat bacteria.

Now my kidneys are being attacked. I'll phone the doctor tomorrow.

But of reading and the bacteria I have/had can lead to problems with the kindeys post.

Seems like the only treatments are supportive. Possibly blood pressure medication to manage the increased blood pressure due to the kidneys being but ****ed.

Another one is cut/heavily restrict protein out your diet (until resolved obviously).

Lol so it continues lol

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My advise is to do everything your doctor tells you to do, to the T, for as long as he tells you to do it.

It takes weeks of inactivity to lose your muscle gains.

This wasn't a digestive issue, but I had wisdom teeth removed earlier this year (the first night was truly a test of my pain tolerance) and got used to eating a lot of canned soup, diluted with a can of water, to cut the salt. I would boil cabbage, potatoes, peas, onions, garlic and ginger in chicken broth, let it cool to room temperature, then puree it into a thick soup in the blender (NEVER do this with hot liquid -- the steam pressure will blow the glass up). It was pretty good actually, and kept my caloric intake relatively healthy. Ginger stimulates your capillaries, which aids wound healing, and also boosts T production if you're worried about losing gainz. I also became a fan of Jello and apple sauce.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Advise?

Once new muscle cells are formed they are for life. Maybe you lose a bit of size but nothing a few weeks back to the grind can't fix.

Relax, take a chill pill, maybe it's a good time to think of this as a drastic cut. Lift weights if you can to preserve strength

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

youve purely chucked all your water out your body, if I do low carb, I go from looking like a doorman/security..
to "fido dido the 7up man" within a week.

Same difference...........

indiff

Don Juan
Reaction score

I had this problem a while back after surgery where I was bed bound and didn’t really have the appetite to eat. I forced myself to drink protein shakes just because it was easier to take in. My advice is just worry about recovering, the gym will be there once you’re ready.Like the rest have mentioned, you will get your gains back in no time.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally I'm in the same boat on my shoulders, Ive just decided to increase my fat intake for the time I can't work them, I'm gonna have at least 2 months off on my shoulders on top of the time I already have been, I'm not worried. It's just a matter of not consuming the bad fats, but I did cave and buy a bag of kettle cooked chips, Frick I could eat potato chips indefinitely

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Focus on recovering and get back to the gains when you're fit for it. Gains you've previously had come back very fast. Take 3-5g of creatine per day too for a fuller look due to the intracellular water retention
+1

Let immune system kick in. Heal up. Come back strong OP.

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A week or so of decent gym sessions you will be good as new,for sure.