Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

by Helen Smith: Hypergamy, Cars, and Phone Numbers

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
http://pjmedia.com/drhelen/2014/03/03/hypergamy-cars-and-phone-numbers/

"I am still reading Shawn Smith’s book The Woman’s Guide to How Men Think: Love, Commitment, and the Male Mind and came across a section on status and why it is so important to men. Status is important to men because it is important to women. I frequently hear women or even men say that hypergamy, the tendency for women to find mates of higher status, is untrue or rarely true. However, a study on status in the book shows otherwise: In a carefully controlled experiment (Guéguen and Lamy 2012), researchers tested the idea of how important status is to women. They placed men in expensive cars and instructed them to approach women and ask for their phone numbers. Then they had the men do the same thing in medium- and low-status cars.

The results? The men were successful 23.3 percent of the time when women saw them in a high-status car, 12.8 percent of the time when they drove a middle-status car, and 7.8 percent of the time when they drove a low-status car. Clearly, women are monitoring our status, and we’re acutely aware of that fact.

So the next time someone asks for “proof” of hypergamy, now you can just give the statistics of the willingness of women to give out their number to the guy in the Maserati."

Dr. Helen Smith

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i could write a book on how to get unlimited ***** with a 10k investment

all a guy has to do is go buy a used late model lexus, like a 97 lexus ES300, a mackbook pro and an iphone and a few polo outfits. and he's in there.

don't under estaimate the power of that mackbook lol. girls love it. it screms chique / high class. when i take my macbook to starbucks chicks be mirin pretty hard lol.

I've driven a 93' Oldsmobile Cutless, a 90' Cadillac Deville, a 92' Honda Accord, a 95 Honda accord, a 92 Toyota Tercel, a late 90's model Geo Tracker and 91 Nissan Sentra. Oh and a 95 Mazda Protege

I have also driven a 98 Lexus SC400, a 94 Lexus ES300, a 2003 H2, a 2005 Vanquish, a 2003 Mercedes CLK Convertible (wife's car), a 2008 Mercedes S550 and my current car a 2012 Jaguar XKL

I can tell you

1. the quality of women skyrocketed in the second group. I was more of a catch then but still

2. it's night and day.

A guy who has never had a nice car telling a guy who has a nice car that nice cars dont' matter is like a below avg looking guy telling a good looking guy that looks don't matter. lol how the hell would you know
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=193554&page=4

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Read this:

YOU CANNOT TAKE YOUR F*CKING CAR INTO THE CLUB.

You are NOT your car. You are NOT your gay ass Apple products. You are NOT your fruity little Polo outfit.

It is VERY difficult to orchestrate situations in which a female can see the type of car you drive without being a try-hard.

I've met guys that were relying on their car for confidence and status, it was EASY to "out-alpha" them because I knew their car was an area they invested their ego into HEAVILY.

I drive a piece of crap and I LOVE it when guys assume that I don't get laid. The car is FUNNY AS HELL to drive around in, especially when I'm with a girl. Other guys try to race me and rev their engines next to me.

Another thing to consider is that those who drive "nice" cars will set the frame of the relationship in a way that implies that the man is the "provider" and not the lover. A common problem rich, single guys have is that when they bring a girl back to their nice place in their nice cars, the girl won't sleep with him because she realizes he's a "catch" and will do things to try to get him to commit to her. Many of these guys often have an apartment of lesser quality to avoid this problem.

Lastly, Captain Capitalism has a VERY good video that points out how going for a "nice car" is a waste of time, because there will ALWAYS be someone out there with a better car that you can't compete with.

http://captaincapitalism.blogspot.com/2012/10/buying-cars-you-cant-afford.html

Bottom line: What car you drive is IRRELEVANT when it comes to hooking up with girls. It becomes VERY RELEVANT when it comes to finding a girl to settle down with.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
vice you're missing the point

a car is one of many signs of status. clothes can show status. a rolex watch can show status. the type of phone you carry around shows status. the type of laptop you are on shows status.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
vice you're missing the point

a car is one of many signs of status. clothes can show status. a rolex watch can show status. the type of phone you carry around shows status. the type of laptop you are on shows status.
I understand the point very well; I'm elaborating on it.

Your BEHAVIOR must be congruent with the outward status symbols is what I'm trying to get at. I've met so many guys with the "indicators" of "status", that did not have the behavior to back it up. Any dumb sh*t can go out and get a bank loan to finance his cute Polo shirts and Apple products with a nice car. You can't buy confidence, congruency, or behavioral traits that attract women. You need to cultivate that.

It's similar to the looks concept: it'll hook a girl's interest, but ultimately it's your BEHAVIOR that will make or break the interaction.

I'm also going through a phase in my life where I'm vehemently against outward displays of certain status items, and try to tool those that can't back it up. Maybe I'm turning into an angry hipster or something, but it entertains me to call these people out.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post by Vice. I agree with everything he said.

Let the users screen themselves out boys. Dont sit and worry about any of this though. I like my 90s model Chevy, I like my Android and Windows products (**** Apple), and I know how to dress well without dinky polo shirts.

I dont need to be "trendy" and buy the same crap tons of other dudes do...I can be successful with women in my own way. Whats helped me? Dressing well, grooming properly, staying in the gym, and just socializing. By just putting myself out there, opportunities open up.

A SMART woman will realize I am a catch whenever I decide to settle down. She will know that its all about function, not showing off. Car gets from A to B? No car payments and good on gas? Then why do I need a late model luxury car chomping up savings? Why do I need an overpriced Apple product when most software is made for Android and Windows and is more affordable?

My kinda chick is realistic, practical, not looking for a leg up, and is looking for how I make her feel in her chest and her loins. Shes self sufficient and not constantly thinking about what how I need to be stuck in a provider role. If this leaves me single for a long time, so be it.

The same women who said yes to the guy based on the car he drives, are many of the same women who end up cheating on and/or divorcing that guy because they married for security and not out of love and passion.
Vice said:
Read this:

You are NOT your car. You are NOT your gay ass Apple products. You are NOT your fruity little Polo outfit.

It is VERY difficult to orchestrate situations in which a female can see the type of car you drive without being a try-hard.

I've met guys that were relying on their car for confidence and status, it was EASY to "out-alpha" them because I knew their car was an area they invested their ego into HEAVILY.

I drive a piece of crap and I LOVE it when guys assume that I don't get laid. The car is FUNNY AS HELL to drive around in, especially when I'm with a girl. Other guys try to race me and rev their engines next to me.

Another thing to consider is that those who drive "nice" cars will set the frame of the relationship in a way that implies that the man is the "provider" and not the lover. A common problem rich, single guys have is that when they bring a girl back to their nice place in their nice cars, the girl won't sleep with him because she realizes he's a "catch" and will do things to try to get him to commit to her. Many of these guys often have an apartment of lesser quality to avoid this problem.

Lastly, Captain Capitalism has a VERY good video that points out how going for a "nice car" is a waste of time, because there will ALWAYS be someone out there with a better car that you can't compete with.

http://captaincapitalism.blogspot.com/2012/10/buying-cars-you-cant-afford.html

Bottom line: What car you drive is IRRELEVANT when it comes to hooking up with girls. It becomes VERY RELEVANT when it comes to finding a girl to settle down with.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Status" is not just being a hick with a Mercedes. Status is a state of life with an all encompassing attitude of being successful. Everything you choose and decide equals the level of said status.

Rip your abs, buy a Lexus, and walk into a Beverly Hills country club and try and game the first blonde you see. It may go well, but in 24 hrs she'll sniff you out as a phony. The reverse is just as applicable. A millionaire will never hook up with a chick from the ghetto, he'll hook up with another millionaire (or hundred-thousandaire) woman. It's just how it is.

Be true to yourself, and see your status for what it is. Strive to to better if you're not happy.

You can't buy class, mofos.

3agle 3yes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it me, or doesn't anyone consider WHY some women are attracted to high status males?

Those women AREN'T necessarily attracted to men with lots of money, those women ARE attracted to the IMPLICATIONS of men with lots of money...

The same can be said for driving a nice car...women don't care about the car...the car is just an IMPLICATION that you have money.

In other words, they're attracted to what it may represent.

Such as confidence, intelligence, courage, uniqueness etc, etc...

Of course ANYONE can have a lot of money and having a lot of money is NOT a guarantee that you have the qualities mentioned above, so it is only a SURFACE implication...your behavior will say MUCH MORE of who you are as a person.

A man who waves money (literally and metaphorically) at women's faces obviously uses it as a crutch, which generally means he's compensating for a lack of something else, similar to guys who work out too much (get too big), thinking it will get them laid more.

In my experience (for anyone who actually has a lot of money) it is much more effective to HIDE the fact that you have a lot money...and\or have her find out by accident.

OT, a person can have a lot of money (I'm talking millions), but it doesn't make them "WEALTHY"...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3agle 3yes said:
The same can be said for driving a nice car...women don't care about the car...the car is just an IMPLICATION that you have money.

In other words, they're attracted to what it may represent.

Such as confidence, intelligence, courage, uniqueness etc, etc...
Right, and this is a point that the guys who are always pointing the finger at "beta providers" and "gold diggers" don't understand. Sure, the girl may like the car. But, bottom line, women are attracted to winners.

Not to say beta providers and gold diggers don't exist, of course they do. But having wealth and status can be an attraction factor outside of that, just because of what it says about you. I know the PUA community tends to think that women are only genuinely attracted to dirtbags who don't have anything, but I don't believe that is the case. Women are attracted to winners. They want the top dog. Looks, money, game, and status.

Last edited: