Buying Protein Powder? Read This..

Maestro Monk

Don Juan
Reaction score
For all those interested in getting inexpensive, quality protein, I would recommend ordering online from www.trueprotein.com, or (www.trueproteincanada.com) if you're from the great white north, like myself.
They sell 50 lbs of unflavoured protein for $250 CAD..I have yet to see their price to pound ratio be beaten, and you also get 4 free flavour packs included. Best tasting protein I've had yet, and it mixes pretty easily too.
The benefit to using the flavour packs are that you get variety, and can use as much or as little flavouring as you require.
If you order from trueproteincanada, use the discount code BAB575 and save yourself some dough. Keep it 'shakin'

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fifty pounds of protein is a lot of protein to store. How long is the shelf life of this stuff? Plus, how much is the shipping? The flavorless product does sound interesting though.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Maestro Monk
For all those interested in getting inexpensive, quality protein, I would recommend ordering online from www.trueprotein.com, or (www.trueproteincanada.com) if you're from the great white north, like myself.
They sell 50 lbs of unflavoured protein for $250 CAD..I have yet to see their price to pound ratio be beaten, and you also get 4 free flavour packs included. Best tasting protein I've had yet, and it mixes pretty easily too.
The benefit to using the flavour packs are that you get variety, and can use as much or as little flavouring as you require.
If you order from trueproteincanada, use the discount code BAB575 and save yourself some dough. Keep it 'shakin'
and how is the quality of it? It's probably cheap protein...

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think not blingy.

The protein is crazy high quality... and you can make custom mixes.... micellar casein, egg white protein, whey concentrate, whey isolate, hydrolyzed whey isolate... all in percentages you specify.

They're a great company, known for their quality, customer service, and unbeaten protein. It's run by Dante (aka Doggcrapp) and a buddy of his. Good guys.

Maestro Monk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Fifty pounds of protein is a lot of protein to store. How long is the shelf life of this stuff? Plus, how much is the shipping? The flavorless product does sound interesting though.
Shelf life of typical whey protein products can be anywhere from 1 to 3 years, depending on the way it is manufactured and processed.
As for delivery cost, your best bet would be to email them (dante@trueprotein.com). Their customer service is great, so you can expect an answer back by the next business day. If you live in the US, 50 lbs goes for $180; expect to pay another 10-20 for shipping and taxes.