Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

buying girls drinks at the club

garruk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
how do you guys feel about buying girls drinks at the club.

lately ive sort of noticed a pattern (i just turned 21 so im new to clubbing) but alot of times, ill be talking to a girl and really shooting off some good game. i feel as though we are making a connection when suddenly she asks for me to buy her a drink.

i hate the idea of being used so i generally say "no", but then that sort of kills the tension. and to be honest, has the "why dont you buy me a drink" line ever worked with much success?

whats a good way to avoid buying her a drink? what if friend1 is asking me to buy frined2 a drink? and whats the real meaning behind asking for it?

is it because she wants to go to the bar with me? is it because she wants to see how far ill bend? is it a test? or is it because she realizes shes not as hammered as me, and wants to catch up?

what are some good ways to handle this situation?

Last edited:

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 29, I've been out bar hopping for 10 years, and just a month ago was the FIRST time I bought a girl a drink. And it was by accident.

You don't owe these broads anything. Remember that. If one has the audacity to ask you to buy them a drink, you don't have to be a jerk. Just say, "Sure, right after you buy me one." or tell her you buy drinks for girls who earn it.

...I can't believe chicks are actually ASKING you to buy them drinks. I've never seen that before. At least have the courtesy to hint at it...

Oh and what's the meaning behind it? It's a test to see how weak you are and what they can get out of you. These chicks obviously have the $5 or $6 to get their own drink. It's not gonna bankrupt them. They just want to be able to brag to their friends about how they made some random dude buy them a drink.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only girls I buy drinks for are the girls I've been going out with for a while, and even then, they pretty much know that the next round is theirs.

I NEVER buy drinks for unknowns.

You buy her that $5 drink and then 5 minutes later, she mysteriously has to go to the bathroom/talk to her friends/whatever and then you don't see her all night, or WORSE... you see her again when she needs a refill.

I ALWAYS answer: Want to buy me a drink?

With a: "Second round's on me, first round is on you."

If they walk away, guess what, the only thing you wasted was some time talking to a pretentious woman who expected something out of you... and even then, it's not a waste... consider it: PRACTICE.

But no way am I spending $6-10 for 30 minutes of company, because as we all know, they NEVER want the beer that's on tap for the night... it's always some crazy drink they'd never buy for themselves.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only drink I'll buy for a girl at a club is a shot (one or two liquid cocaines and the panties fly off). Otherwise there's really no point in getting them one there. Instead of wasting it there you could use it as an excuse to get her out of the club. You could drop a line like "Come on, let's hit an after hours club/lounge/bar, I'll buy you a drink there" or "I've got the best vodka back at my place, I make the best martinis hands down" Either way you're using the idea of buying a drink in return for her to agree to something first, letting you set the stage and getting her on your agenda and out of hers.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Younger girls like to try that one. I tell them it's time to grow up and be a lady.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
All rise. Court is in session! The honorable judge nismo-4 presiding!

You don't owe these girls a goddamn thing? Do you know these women? Are they related to you? Didn't think so.

Most women in clubs have b**ch shields up, so you gotta have some wit ready to use on them. If they walk away, they did you a favor by showing that they're attention wh0res/ golddiggers.

Order in the court!

Thank you ho, but my princess is in another castle!

No harm done. Move on. When you can throw these girls for a loop, you're good.

Being guilty of the hideous crime of buying a pretty girl a drink has a penalty of clinging to the girl, a trip to Creepland, Tennessee, your attractiveness gets locked away for 12 hours, and blue balls.

Coming up with some witty comebacks may or may not get the girl attracted to you, but in either case, you will be found not guilty of the above crime and not have to pay the penalty for it.

Case closed.

chris toms

Reaction score
Hi,

As a general rule i dont offer to buy a girl a drink unless i have spent 15 minutes with her and even then i say cheekily, so are you gonna buy me a drink or what ?

You can tell when all shes after is just a drink and when she showa ioi's.

Some girls are out just to get free drinks off guys.

Be careful and have fun.

hydroheathen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alot of girls get an ego boost from dudes buying them drinks. Just tell them "IM NOT A PIECE OF MEAT I HAVE FEELINGS TO" or some **** like that and walk away they will follow if they arent the usual pretentious *****.

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
garruk said:
how do you guys feel about buying girls drinks at the club.
lately ive sort of noticed a pattern (i just turned 21 so im new to clubbing) but alot of times, ill be talking to a girl and really shooting off some good game. i feel as though we are making a connection when suddenly she asks for me to buy her a drink.
i hate the idea of being used so i generally say "no", but then that sort of kills the tension. and to be honest, has the "why dont you buy me a drink" line ever worked with much success?
whats a good way to avoid buying her a drink? what if friend1 is asking me to buy frined2 a drink? and whats the real meaning behind asking for it?
is it because she wants to go to the bar with me? is it because she wants to see how far ill bend? is it a test? or is it because she realizes shes not as hammered as me, and wants to catch up?
what are some good ways to handle this situation?
most guys out there think that buying a drink will get a woman intersted ... which is just rubish as it doesn't, but the girls know they can use can use their seductive flirting to get free drinks (esp when they are not even interested in the guy) from thier viewpoint its quite a good deal - the ego boost from flirting, and a free drink all in 5 minutes... - many girls dont spend much on a night out compard to men ...

i have many afc freinds who just buy girls drinks - im always like WHY???
some people think its gentalmanly to buy girls drinks - maybe in the olden days but not in these days of equality.

you can have some fun if they try and get you a drink like what will you get in return - girls who like you will enjoy this, ones just after the free drink will get annoyed and leave you...

it is also how you look - body language, mannerisms...etc that will atract the users... when men are are drunk (and horny in a club of hb's) their judgement is also whack and will just say yes to whatever

MeteorMash

Don Juan
Reaction score
Never, ever, EVER, by a girl a drink, unless she is your girlfriend, wife, or best friend, or a good friend. That's the way I see it

I've gone down the road of buying random chicks drinks, and it never ends how you want it too.

Girls are not stupid, they know that they can use their sex appeal to get free drinks out of men, and that's what a lot of them are after. This is mostly done by young girls who can't buy themselves drinks. dont fall for this

I find it rude that a chick would even have the nerve to ask you to buy her a drink when she don't even know you like that.

If she's interested, she won't care about the drinks. you can tell if they are just after a drink

Reaction score
What everyone else has said. Don't buy girls drinks...Unless there is damn good reason, e.g. she is your girlfriend or wife or friend from way back.

Suckers pay for girl's drinks...especially if you don't know the girls. If you're paying for drinks and you DO know the girls you STILL may be a sucker.

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not poor, if I'm having a good time with a girl who's genuinely interested in me, and I'm ordering a drink for myself, I'll offer to buy her a drink, it's only $6-$7. I would do the same with a male friend, so it's not a weird conflict for me. Let me just elaborate, I do NOT buy a girl a drink if I've only had a 2 minute conversation with her and I'm not getting a great vibe, and she has no personality, or isn't engaging. I'm talking about having a fun time with a girl, a connection if you will, and some time invested on her part.

But as a general rule for AFCs, I would say don't, because their game isn't refined enough to be able to differentiate between a girl using him for a drink and girl that's interested in him and his company.

I wouldn't focus on it, that's for sure. If you think buying a girl a drink will get her interested in you, buy you some time with her, or make you look great - then do not buy a drink! She's NOT going to respond the way you want. And quite frankly, your game should be tighter than having to relying on buying a drink.

And definitely, if a strange girl is asking you to buy her a drink, feel free to laugh in her face and walk away. It's insulting, and not lady-like. F*ck that!

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not buying them a drink doesn't kill the tension, in fact it can even increase it. It's HOW you say no that matters. Flat out saying "No." and staring at her like she's just killed your dog will probably kill the mood.

But consider joking around and teasing her before giving a refusal. I like the response "You sound like the homeless guy I met on the way to work today".

I'll give my own recent experience. I was subconciously gaming a girl when she asked me to buy her a drink. I just said whilst smiling, why don't you buy it yourself? She threw out a bvll**** excuse that she was poor and had no money, which i responded to in kind. She then did the pouty curl-your-hair-shove-out-your-tits look, which I called her out on, until she gave in and said "Fine I'm not speaking to you for the rest of the night." jokingly.

She then came back to me later, asking me to the bar saying she would buy ME a drink. Got the drink, isolated her, then made out. Case closed. What really attracted her to me so much was that I didn't give a sh1t about her, but I still treated her like a girl i'd fvck, so she was pulled in.

Moral of the story: Tease her, maybe even make her have to do something in exchange. A GREAT idea is saying she has to buy you a drink later. All that really matters is that you are not the typical afc who jumps at the first opportunity to buy her a drink.

Ofcourse if you start drinking together, it's good because you can easily isolate her and then go in for the make out. Just lead her to some seats away from friends and you're in.

wjh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's something about the type of girl that would ask a guy to buy them a drink that I just find disgustingly unattractive. It's one of the few non-physical things that really irks me. It insults me because I'm better than that, and I know it.

Amazing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember being real bad back in the day, i'd get chicks to buy me drinks. Being broke was fun.

its an awesome feeling to have a girl say lets get shots or w/e and pay, you know she wants you.

i remember two weeks ago im at a bar, talking to some hot girls, and she has a drink, and im trashed. so i just lean in and drink from the straw. She looks at me and says "wow! this guy has balls".

Killer_Demo

Don Juan
Reaction score
aint nothing like taking a HB10 down a peg when she asks for a drink...and i laugh directly in her face and ill say to my boy "hey this broad really thinks imma spend $$$ cuz she's hot" always takes em down a notch...tell em NO

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
CaptainJ said:
"You sound like the homeless guy I met on the way to work today".
Brilliant!!! stealing that one.

Cure.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cure said:
Brilliant!!! stealing that one.

Cure.
Feel free, I didn't make it up anyway :p

Ridingthelightning

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I never buy drinks when they ask, and very rarely offer.
If I had money to burn I'd probably buy every drinks. But since money is tight for the time being I only buy people a drink when I appreciate them. Appreciation is achieved when we're friends or we have a good conversation about something and a connection is made. I've had lots of drinks bought for me, mostly from other gentelmen and some women (99% of the time they're older than me) because I've made good conversation. I've implored this in my own repertoire.
If a woman asks me to buy her a drink I either cut her down (and the sooner she asks and prettier she is the harsher I get) or make some joke of it and still tell her no (and the time frame/pretty correlation still holds true).