Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Buying a wedding ring?

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How much should I consider forking over for one?

Engagement ring?

How much is the average?

There are a few girls I currently see almost every weekend who I'd might consider proposing to.

They're all 7-12 years younger than me.

They all want me for my money, And for my dedication to the Lord.

They'd never even consider me if it weren't for those two actions I take weekly: obtaining money and worshiping the Lord.

DMSR76

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

**BTW, that Verragio diamond ring advertisement looks like it says "Overragio". I honestly thought it was a spoof ad at first.**

Sinistar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting, now I'm starting to wonder something. If I start a new post with the topic "Hot Young Brunette Cheerleaders" do you think the add after the first post will have hot raven haired chearleaders :)

Re: Ring

You could tell her you prayed to god and he said to get a small ring (lets say 1/4 carat or less, not very clear, far from perfect) and then give the other $15,000 to a charity. Her look in those first few seconds should tell you everything you need to know.

Oh yeah, from your post you don't seem to serious. It's as if you're thinking of "picking" one. If you are still serious about two you don't sound like you're serious about one.

Actually, I think the ring buying thing is a good thread topic for the boys here on the forum. I think there are already a few good threads so search/read those first.

In my opinion your screwed either way. If you give her too small / cheap of a ring she'll always be doubting your commitment. Plus the friends, sisters, coworkers and mothers will all stir things up. Now if you give her too expensive of a ring, financially it's just plain stupid because that money can upgrade cars, pay for nice travel, go towards home, retirement and future kid's savings.

From what I can tell though, if you are really serious about a woman and want to target that middle zone (not too much, not too little) to just plain avoid all the hassles that women and the industry have programmed in it's still going to cost you. Plus women can't keep secrets, so even if you both agreed to go with a nice fake she'll eventually tell someone and it will revert back to spending too little.

There is one thing you can do to mitigate part of the cost, don't just think you have to get those matched sets where the engagement ring matches her wedding band. If you start with a really nice engagement ring and add the matching thing you're gonna spend another $1000 easy.

If you're searching for an actual number I can only throw a few that I know from myself and others. If you're making and living a $100K/yr (or better) lifestyle with nice place, cars, etc. If you don't get something around 1 carat with pretty decent quality and clarity you're not going to get that wow factor from her crew. Sorry. I know, it's stupid and lame but it's just the way things are these days. The diamond industry's marketing is powerful. Anyway, my guess for that rock and setting you're looking at $10,000 - $ 15,000. Then just get simple $$$ wedding bands for you and her if you're trying to control the cost after the big hit.

Sinistar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats a good practical article - excellent link. I think the numbers are off a bit (low) but overall a good guide.

If a guy can keep the rock just under 1 carat versus going over, there is a very nice savings versus almost no perceptible size difference. But when you go up closer to 1.25 carats (where it actually starts to look bigger) with good clarity and color, the $10K mark is easily passed.

Also, getting a rock just under 1 carat in a very simple setting which doesn't have an overwhelming mount size will help the rock look bigger. After that initial wow, she'll probably next notice color (especially yellowish) so spend a bit to control that keeping it clearer / whiter / or maybe a bit bluish. Usually the woman will hint at what cut she likes so the last choice is clarity.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What happened to the good ol' gold ring?

It was good enough for our mothers. Good enough for people of Middle Earth to fight over.

Fvck diamond!

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poor church girls... haha, they want you because of your dedication to the lord?