buy girls a drink in a different way

Packers2010

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok. so. say your talking to a girl and then you ask if she would like a drink.

now here most guys would go get the drink. but what if you just hand her the money and tell her to get the drink herself.

1) she knows you have money
2) you not getting the drink. she is.

this is a good play to make or have i just lost my mind again?

JYW

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why Not...creativity is key

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's still supplication.

However, if you make it seem like she's doing the work, it is good. For example, you ask if she wants a drink. You hand her the money and say "Get get me a so and so, and yourself what you want"

You have just made her YOUR bytch. This works even better if there's a line at the bar.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Packers2010 said:
ok. so. say your talking to a girl and then you ask if she would like a drink.

now here most guys would go get the drink. but what if you just hand her the money and tell her to get the drink herself.

1) she knows you have money
2) you not getting the drink. she is.

this is a good play to make or have i just lost my mind again?
EPIC FAILURE. Why not just give the money to get the shoes, diamonds, cars, trips, to pay the next man's bills? I really don't understand why you're advocating giving away money to a stranger that you merely have a sexual attraction for. Not for nothing bro, and don't take this the wrong way, but you've just single handedly brought this site to a brand new low.

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's a horrible idea. I wouldn't be surprised if she took the money and ran. Damn, now I have Steve Miller stuck in my head.

horaholic said:
It's still supplication.

However, if you make it seem like she's doing the work, it is good. For example, you ask if she wants a drink. You hand her the money and say "Get get me a so and so, and yourself what you want"

You have just made her YOUR bytch. This works even better if there's a line at the bar.
If I ever decide to buy a girl a drink, this is what I will be doing. +1

TheManOfSteel

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would never give money to a complete stranger to buy herself a drink. No way in hell is that happening lol.

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NO!!!

Don't buy girls drinks infield. You want them to stick around you because they're ATTRACTED to you--not because you're buying stuff for them.

You want to actually convey that, while you are interested in her, you simply DON'T care about trying to impress her.

-No bragging about yourself.
-No being overly polite or attempting to appear intellectual
-No excessive grooming gestures (e.g. "checking yourself out")
-No "rapport seeking" behaviors (e.g. pretending to have more things in -common than you actually do; trying to act the same age as her, etc.)
-NO SPENDING MONEY ON HER, EVEN IF YOU HAVE A TON OF MONEY!

Doing any of those things will be interpreted as a lame attempt to forge an artificial connection to make up for the emotional connection you are lacking. It sounds ridiculous, but even as a PUA you need to be GENUINE infield--otherwise, you are trying too hard.

Instead, try interacting with her as you would interact with a girl you've already slept with--tease her about things, kino her, make her laugh, etc. without trying to impress.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lmao you guys give random $ to girls that's not your GF. Dumbest thing I have ever heard of.

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HA! This is something I did once a looong time ago.
IT WORKED!!! Field tested, mother approved.

Here's how I did it:

The club was very busy and there was a line at the bar for drinks. I walked up to a girl in the line, handed her a $10 told her what I wanted and to get her something too, and then I took off (out of sight) without giving her a chance to respond or think about it.

5-10 minutes later I returned (just as she was getting close to the bar) and chatted her up in line. This naturally transitioned to me having a few drinks with her and her friends (I bought no one any other drinks that night.) This lead to a number close and her calling me later that night after last call (though, for whatever reason we never met again.)

And WTF people? Is spending $3 on a drink really supplicating? Give me a break. As a rule, don't buy girls drinks. But just because you do, it doesn't mean you're some whipped chump who lets girls take advantage of him.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Teflon_Mcgee said:
HA! This is something I did once a looong time ago.
IT WORKED!!! Field tested, mother approved.

Here's how I did it:

The club was very busy and there was a line at the bar for drinks. I walked up to a girl in the line, handed her a $10 told her what I wanted and to get her something too, and then I took off (out of sight) without giving her a chance to respond or think about it.

5-10 minutes later I returned (just as she was getting close to the bar) and chatted her up in line. This naturally transitioned to me having a few drinks with her and her friends (I bought no one any other drinks that night.) This lead to a number close and her calling me later that night after last call (though, for whatever reason we never met again.)

And WTF people? Is spending $3 on a drink really supplicating? Give me a break. As a rule, don't buy girls drinks. But just because you do, it doesn't mean you're some whipped chump who lets girls take advantage of him.

Your missing a key point in your story above compared to how MOST guys taking this idea would implement it.

And that is that you weren't already talking with her, you just randomly walked up to her and gave her the money, told her to get you a drink and walked away....

The OP and many others in this situation are talking about having the target already approached and THEN when she asks for a drink you hand her the money....BIG DIFFERENCE!

Your situation projected confidence, showed that you thought she was dependable and there might have been some attraction there initially.

Whenever we get into these debates over paying vs not paying its NEVER about the dollar amount in my eyes (although that can be an issue too), but early on in the game its all about the principle your projecting by buying drinks to a girl you just approached. Once you know the vibe is there, she's hanging all over you etc etc, its not as big a deal.

This rule was created to prevent chumps from projecting desperation within the first 60 seconds of meeting a girl.

Once your seasoned, know how to approach and are confident, you can get away with a lot.

PIMP

powpow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am actually a little confused on the actual purpose of buying a girl a drink?

Is it to get her more drunk and attracted to you?

Is it to show that you have money and for her to associate you with material security?

Is it just a socially constructed mating ritual which she notices elsewhere and makes her more comfortable, thus subtly indicating your attraction?

You wanna make her feel like a boss?

Is it a way to almost trap her into talking to you until she finishes her drink, thus giving you more time to build rapport?

Biggie

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had this actually happen to me once kind of. I was standing at the bar trying to get a drink, and this not so hot girl came up behind me and asked what I wanted. I told her, and she went up to the bar, bought herself a drink and bought me mine with her money. That was fun.