Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Business Idea

Aesthetix29

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking to start my own business and have deceided to go with - Tower Scaffold Hire, the reason being that there's a huge demand for scaffold hire for one off jobs where it's only needed for a few days or weeks only. But to start I may just buy 8 x 7M height aluminium tower scaffolds ... which usually rent out for around a £80-120pw depending on extras etc... then if it goes well might move onto bigger scaffold.

What's your thoughts on this idea? Could it work? Thanks

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the scaffolding business but I just wanted to say good luck bro!

Aesthetix29

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Would love it if someone else could shed some light on this please .... I'm currently unemployed, and spending my saving like wildfire, currently have £15,500 left ... so was thinking of buying maybe £4K on youngmans boss aluminium tower scaffolds (around 4 6/7M towers ... if it doesn't workout then these rarely lose value.

I'm in 2 minds ... so could do with input on this off anyone, otherwise I will just keep spending my saving and eventually end up in a world of sh!t.
Dan

Aesthetix29

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sounds like a good enterpreneu business plan you should invest all in tower scoffold
If I invested all 15k I could get around 25-30 towers .. but then it's storage .. to start I'd like to start with around 3-5 towers ... but I will have to get pasma trained and would have to look into insurance in case somebody falls off or has an injury and tries sueing me?

I just checked HSS hire prices ... 1 week hire of a 7.2M scaffold is around £220 plus vat and 2 week deposit ... I would rent the same scaffold for around £100ish give or take (plus vat) if needed.

I can get a 2nd hand youngmans boss scaffold 7.2 for around £800-900 depending on quality .. so ROI could be high % ... if the customer base is there.

190cmofcancer

Banned
Reaction score
If I invested all 15k I could get around 25-30 towers .. but then it's storage .. to start I'd like to start with around 3-5 towers ... but I will have to get pasma trained and would have to look into insurance in case somebody falls off or has an injury and tries sueing me?

I just checked HSS hire prices ... 1 week hire of a 7.2M scaffold is around £220 plus vat and 2 week deposit ... I would rent the same scaffold for around £100ish give or take (plus vat) if needed.

I can get a 2nd hand youngmans boss scaffold 7.2 for around £800-900 depending on quality .. so ROI could be high % ... if the customer base is there.
yee bro u should do that so u dont get sued good idea go go

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're unemployed you cannot risk that much of your savings on a business start up in which you seem to have so little direction you are asking this forum for help. Before investing and taking a risk on this scaffold business you need to secure a steady stream of income so you don't end up on the streets.

Otherwise, I would hold on to every dollar in your savings and only spend what you need to stay afloat.

Aesthetix29

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're unemployed you cannot risk that much of your savings on a business start up in which you seem to have so little direction you are asking this forum for help. Before investing and taking a risk on this scaffold business you need to secure a steady stream of income so you don't end up on the streets.

Otherwise, I would hold on to every dollar in your savings and only spend what you need to stay afloat.
I'm currently back at home .. so won't end up on the streets ... I ain't rushing and am just speculating at the moment ... just in a bad place at the moment! Need to get out of this hole.

I'm also thinking of going back to college to learn a trade .. maybe plumbing. As I have recently been made redundant and my old trade of vehicle livery is a dying trade.

This is depressing when it happens I you @ a ripe old age of 32. Haha

190cmofcancer

Banned
Reaction score
I'm currently back at home .. so won't end up on the streets ... I ain't rushing and am just speculating at the moment ... just in a bad place at the moment! Need to get out of this hole.

I'm also thinking of going back to college to learn a trade .. maybe plumbing. As I have recently been made redundant and my old trade of vehicle livery is a dying trade.

This is depressing when it happens I you @ a ripe old age of 32. Haha
you are young bro dont worry

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Your idea is sh!t. Go into selling something like this. It goes well in my country in my area, in your area it will be something else, but very similar to this sh!t. This and coffee, it's a win win. Your idea is iffy loosy.

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have no idea about scaffolding but have a few questions. How will you deliver them to the job sites? Where will you store them when not in use?

You will definately need insurance and possibly a business license. Have you looked into your local laws regarding this?

Aesthetix29

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your idea is sh!t. Go into selling something like this. It goes well in my country in my area, in your area it will be something else, but very similar to this sh!t. This and coffee, it's a win win. Your idea is iffy loosy.

It's not a sh!t idea, the potential is there especially where I live (UK) and it would only be a side business ... I have no passion to sell food but love eating it ... I'm a gym fanatic so my lifestyle is very healthy and only have 1 cheat meal a week! So something like this isn't for me.

As I stated I have a meeting with my local college next week about adult plumbing courses and see if I'm eligible for a student loan.

I also have another side line business selling VW Camper Van Decal Kits ... for the discontinued campers, ideal for restorations etc... in fact I had an order today for £200 .. which will take about 3hrs to complete. As I have a contract with campervan cultur the biggest campervan parts distributor in the UK.

Suppose time will tell :)

Cheers

Aesthetix29

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Have no idea about scaffolding but have a few questions. How will you deliver them to the job sites? Where will you store them when not in use?

You will definately need insurance and possibly a business license. Have you looked into your local laws regarding this?
Hey bro,
1. Have a van - (once dismantled there very compact and lightweight (aluminium).
2. My family are mostly builders and have lockups... but could always rent one.
3. Laws are quite good with tower scaffolds .. you only need to be pasma trained to erect/dismantle the scaffold and because towers are mainly used on residential houses for re-roofs, gutter cleaning, painting and so on ... also internal use. As these are on wheels. And as for insurance .. yes sure, it's not too expensive! Hope I covered everything :)

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey bro,
1. Have a van - (once dismantled there very compact and lightweight (aluminium).
2. My family are mostly builders and have lockups... but could always rent one.
3. Laws are quite good with tower scaffolds .. you only need to be pasma trained to erect/dismantle the scaffold and because towers are mainly used on residential houses for re-roofs, gutter cleaning, painting and so on ... also internal use. As these are on wheels. And as for insurance .. yes sure, it's not too expensive! Hope I covered everything :)
It's legitimate and good.

Scaffolds are used for constructions site, renovations, music shows scene building

To have business, you'll need to know who are the construction people, the contractors, the deal

Since you are the supplier... you need to ensure there is always construction jobs (constructions job are economy dependent unless its governement contract)

Also, you'll need to know your competition... likely underground/mafia people... and you are probably gonna have to pay politicians and them a cut to use your stuff.

So know your advantage as a supplier, how to improve versus the competition, connect with the construction people and politicians

It's likely you'll need alot of space too