Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Burning BIG file to CD-r

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
they only hold 700 mb

i have a few 900 mb zip files. i also have it in another form as an iso file and thats like 3gb+. so how am i gnna burn it to a cd-r?

I dont want to download the files again. Its the whole reasonin im reformatinn to get rid of viruses and spyware. so no more p2p programs.

HELP!?????

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a 20 gig hard drive (~$20 nowdays) that I have for the sole purpose of backing up sensitive or critical files (and pictures). I'd recommend you get one, back up what you want to it, and copy it back to your main HD after reformatting. Then you'll always have the 20 gig to perform more backups with...

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
I have a 20 gig hard drive (~$20 nowdays) that I have for the sole purpose of backing up sensitive or critical files (and pictures). I'd recommend you get one, back up what you want to it, and copy it back to your main HD after reformatting. Then you'll always have the 20 gig to perform more backups with...
or if you where ever thinking of buying an I POD do it now because then you can save the files on to it instead of buying another hardrvie (which will not fit in your pocket like an I POD) so yeah its pricey but if you want 1 anyway, i guess this would mean nows the time to buy it.

P.S no i do not work for and am in now affiliated to apple mac :p

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
An IPod is a little too expensive to leave sitting in my desk drawer, which is what I do with the 20 gig. This way, if lightning strikes the house and blows out all of the electronics, frying the computer's hard drive (unlikely, but it's more likely the computer will screw up one day, causing all data to be lost in a reformat), all I have to do to back up 4+ years of memories and pictures is copy them from the desk drawer HD to the computer's HD.

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Santa's got just the think for you. Click here!
OH HO HO HO HO HO HO!
OH HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO!
OH HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO HO!

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks PANDA!

BUT, how do i UNSPLIT these files back to the bigger form after i reformat my computer and want to put it back on?

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a part of the instruction:
Generate batch file for merging: By default, this option is selected because without the .bat file, there is no way to restore the created segments into a copy of the original - it is recommended you leave the default.
So when you split up your files the program will generate a .bat file (for example it will be your_cd.bat) and when you run it, it will probably tell you in which order and when to put in the different CDs so the .bat file can patch it all up.
Enjoy! ;)

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont see anythnig that says .bat
they all have numbers aftr them (.0 .1 .2 .3 .4 .5 .6 .7) but i also have a MS-DOS BATCH FILE. Is that it?

i dbl clicked it its taking a long time.. listin the files in a dos format thingy

i just want to make sure it works before i go and reformat my computer.... this is basically the last step before i reformat (altho i will wait till tonight so i can try to bid on an item on ebay)

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, the batch file is the bat. Try breaking the file up and then patching it together before you reformat, to see if you know how. Otherwise if that one doesn't work, here's a list of several file splitter programs, some of them are bound to work: http://www.winappslist.com/utilities/file_splitters.htm