Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

bulkness and strength

lurker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wieght lifting is not naturall. in the past they didnt have wieghts. its just a modern day way for men to feel masculine. in the past im sure men got jacked-up, by doing daily stuff, like hunting farming. cutting lumbers and carrying them. i confess i like lifting but does it really equate to strength. can a slim guy kick a bulky jackedup guys ass?.

have any of you jacked up boys ever been beaten.

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lurker said:
wieght lifting is not naturall.
Using your muscle is not natural?

lurker said:
in the past they didnt have wieghts.
But they had stuff to lift or work labor to do, right?

lurker said:
its just a modern day way for men to feel masculine..
and to also inprove your health, self esteem, lower stress etc.

lurker said:
in the past im sure men got jacked-up, by doing daily stuff, like hunting farming. cutting lumbers and carrying them.
Like, they used their muscles, right?

lurker said:
i confess i like lifting but does it really equate to strength. can a slim guy kick a bulky jackedup guys ass?
sure, why not? why do you care? Would you like to kick a jacked up guys ass?

lurker said:
i dont care how big you are, If you go out looking for a fight youll find one and eventually youll get your ass kicked. But if your big and mind your own business, nobody fuks with you.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sort of like why there are specific workouts/programs/lifts for different sports/activities?

Your body will adapt to whatever you make it do.

You want to be jacked up like a construction worker? Do lifts that resemble the movements that they do. That's why football teams do explosive workouts that resemble the movements they make during a game.

Amazing how some people just refuse to think.

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So you think that the real test of masculinity is whether or not you can kick another guy's ass?

I'd work on that before you start worrying about your muscles.

lurker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yes. if a guy can kick another guys ass. the guy who got his ass kicked is the less masculine one. in terms of nature and biology. maybe not socially though.

shagnscoob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
And what have you got to prove to nature and biology? Nature and biology isn't going to award you a trophy saying your more masculine than the guy who's ass you just kicked.

Unless it's organized fighting, it doesn't really prove anything to anyone except that you're prone to violence, which I wouldn't say is attractive.

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lurker said:
yes. if a guy can kick another guys ass. the guy who got his ass kicked is the less masculine one. in terms of nature and biology. maybe not socially though.
Grow up.

dopexile

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this thread should be stickied... it's so bad it's pretty funny. If anything, the world we live in today IS NOT NATURAL. People sit in cramped office cubicles for 10 hours a day barely moving under artificial lighting flashing on and off 60 times a second. It's not healthy and it causes chemical imbalances because our bodies are not adapted for the world we live in today.

And there's absolutely no logic relating weight lifting to fighting. If you lift weights, you can be a better golfer... the strength helps you hit farther but you won't be Tiger Woods. The same is true with fighting, you can hit harder and strength helps, but technique is much more important, and you're not going to go beat up Mike Tyson just because you can bench 500.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dopexile said:
And there's absolutely no logic relating weight lifting to fighting..
+1

The iron does not hit back.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lurker said:
In today's society the more powerful man is the one who can control others to bury that guy. That man can be 5'0 and 120 lbs... but if he has money and social status, hence power, a 6'5 250 lb man may very well be his b1tch.

ExploringOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've lost many, many, many fights when sparring. A couple times in real life too.

Still, I can probably beat 98% of the guys out there. That means nothing though.

Like the others guys say ^^^ if you go out looking for a fight, you will lose. Do not equate masculinity to strength and the ability to kick somesone's @$$.

Alpha behaviour in today's world is not what it was 1000 years ago.

The ability to fight and kick other's people @$$ proves just that you can fight. Nothing else.

Avoid fights when possible. Most of the time it really does take the stronger person to walk away. I've walked away from many fights, I'm 6'00" 250, around 10%bf.

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bruce Lee wasn't bulky.

To add to the discussion, there goes a saying...

"The strong take from the weak, but the smart take from the strong."

lurker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well a bulky guy will sure intimidate the hell outta a skinny guy. i once saw this jacked-up guy. go talk to a skinny guys girl. he didnt even care.
look arnold would kick bruce lee's ass. bulker means stronger but not faster. aviod a bulky guys punch.

howardalex

Banned
Reaction score
lurker said:
wieght lifting is not naturall. in the past they didnt have wieghts. its just a modern day way for men to feel masculine. in the past im sure men got jacked-up, by doing daily stuff, like hunting farming. cutting lumbers and carrying them. i confess i like lifting but does it really equate to strength. can a slim guy kick a bulky jackedup guys ass?.

lifting gives you more:

strength - good in a fight
flexibility (you really should be stretching) - good in a fight
size - good for preventing fights
stamina - good in a fight

MuayThai

Banned
Reaction score
Oh lawd, this thread should be in the archives as worst thread ever.

Tidus88

Don Juan
Reaction score
well a bulky guy will sure intimidate the hell outta a skinny guy. i once saw this jacked-up guy. go talk to a skinny guys girl. he didnt even care.
look arnold would kick bruce lee's ass. bulker means stronger but not faster. aviod a bulky guys punch.
03-03-2007 06:13 PM
Eh, you must be joking right.Arnold kicking bruce lee's ass just cause he is bulkier?IMO, speed is more important in a fight and Arnold sure doesnt know how to fight. Bruce lee has the speed n power to win Arnold.

Kev07

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bay Area, California, Currently in SoCal (UCR)
strength does not matter as much as speed/skill

i know plenty of smaller/toned guys(some even skinny) that are amazingly quick and have a more fighting spirit kick big guy's asses.

and anyways, has anyone seen that bjj video vrs a body builder?
theres a 200-300 pound body builder, buff guy, talking smack about how he can kick anyone's ass. this bjj guy, i'd guess he's about 160 pounds, comes in, and kicks the body builder's ass.

dopexile

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh wow this thread somehow managed to get worse! Dude... Bruce Lee could easily kick Arnold's ass... Arnold doesn't even know how to fight. And even if he couldn't, it wouldn't mean ****... Arnold weights a good 100 pounds more and is a good 8-10 inches taller.