Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bulking, cutting, and strength building

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a simple question that isn't really clearly answered according to my sources. Is it true that I need to be low body fat before building muscle, or is that just if I want to look good? From what I deduce from what I have read you will gain mostly fat if you are above 15% body fat and you have to be below that for optimal muscle growth. If this is not true, is it still a bad idea to try and build muscle/strength then cut later when I start to look fat?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
None of that really matters; the limiting factor, for appearance at least, almost entirely falls on your genetics.

What you really should focus on more than anything is diet and sleep. The programs/routines/systems barely matter as long as you're consistent about them.

It's very hard, if not outright impossible, for most natties to put on muscle mass without also increasing their fat mass, or lose fat without also losing muscle mass. But, it is theoretically possible for a natty with **** genetics if they have a perfect diet, perfect sleep schedule, and perfect workout system in place. The difficulty is that almost no one knows what the perfect diet/routine is, because human physiology is extremely complex and variable.

Many celebrities can transform their bodies into an ideal physique, but that's because they have experts who plan and prep all their meals and workouts. Then again, you never really hear about the celebrities who try this and fail, so it's not exactly clear how achievable it really is.

Last edited:

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
None of that really matters; the limiting factor, for appearance at least, almost entirely falls on your genetics.

What you really should focus on more than anything is diet and sleep. The programs/routines/systems barely matter as long as you're consistent about them.

It's very hard, if not outright impossible, for most natties to put on muscle mass without also increasing their fat mass, or lose fat without also losing muscle mass. But, it is theoretically possible for a natty with **** genetics if they have a perfect diet, perfect sleep schedule, and perfect workout system in place. The difficulty is that almost no one knows what the perfect diet/routine is, because human physiology is extremely complex and variable.

Many celebrities can transform their bodies into an ideal physique, but that's because they have experts who plan and prep all their meals and workouts. Then again, you never really hear about the celebrities who try this and fail, so it's not exactly clear how achievable it really is.
I don’t care much about looking good right now. I just want to get stronger but was under the impression I needed low body fat to build muscle.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
perfect sleep schedule
that's my problem, usually get only 6 or 7 hours per night, and I think that Anthony Robbins' advice from many years ago that 4 hours is all you need tainted my sleep patterns and habits through the years, working out in 3, 2, 1... I really wanna jump on the pullup bar at the park but with all this high pollution levels in the air I'll forgo pullups for a second day in a row, pullups give you the "V" which makes you "attractive," with clothes and without (as long as you don't neglect your main routine of whole-body development - I tend to forgo leg workouts but am running and jumpropping and shadowboxing etc so the legs get "worked out" just not with weights and they are big enough for my liking)