Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Build my biceps?

Santos

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been doing gym for a year. I've noticed a definite improvement with my pecs (increased in size and strength) as well as my triceps, hamstrings, calves, etc. So I guess I'm doing those right, I'm also taking a supplement (incldues protein and carbs - I'm a "skinny bastard" :)).

However I haven't noticed any significant improvement in my biceps. I've been doing roughly the same weight since I started and while they did get bigger initially there's been no improvement for 3 -4 months, I don't go up in weight because I haven't really gotten stronger.

I did use the bicep curl machine but I find it uncomfortable and it feels like my muscles are taking strain. I do the bicep curl machine with the cables and find that more comfortable on the same weight. Normally my muscles ache right after doing the excercises - I know that's not good. (They aren't stiff the next day but any streneuous activity seems to injure them - i.e. they ache and I can't really use my arms :p).

I'm going to try lower the weight I'm doing, but what else should I do? How should I be doing these excercises? Are there better excercises?

Thanks guys
Santos

The-Missing-Link

Don Juan
Reaction score
So far i trained my biceps only with back exercises. Chin-ups and lying dumbell rows worked quite well for me. My biceps got bigger without any direct work. You could give it a try.

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed with TML, a month of chins gave me more bicep growth than years of curls. If you want big biceps, chins and pullups are the way to go!

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you look at the EMG studies that state which exercise is best for each bodypart, concentration curls and lying down with your back down on an incline bench provides the most stimulation for the biceps in terms of muscle fiber recruitment, this info can be found in Tudor O. Bompas book entitled "serious strength training" anyhow...Biceps need low volume between 6-8 sets, 8 sets being maximum because they consist of two heads, thust he name BI=two ceps...anyway, hit them hard and from all angles, seperate them away from your back day so you don't overtrain them because in many back exercises you'll be using some of your biceps to do the motions, for example...I do back on monday, and do biceps on friday, this giving em enough time to recover well and I seen some great growth, went from 15 inch biceps to 17.5 in six months :)