Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Broken phone and a loss of power

I'm in the Mood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, so I was talking with a girl on the phone and we hear this crackily, staticy sound and it like completely interrupts our conversation. This happens a few times and I blame her because she had just gotten a new phone, and I'm like "your new phone was probably broken when they gave it to you..."

Well at one point my phone seems to have gone dead, and I can't hear her anymore. It turns out that she could still hear me though.

It's really weird, I can't explain what happened because the next day, and even today, my phone is working fine.

She CONSTANTLY busts on me for this and I begin to lose control and get really arrogant and frustrated.
The last two texts we've exchanged were:

Me: "I think you're having a little too much fun with this :p I know you want to hear my lovely deep voice again"
Her: "Haha maybe"

We haven't talked since then, and I'm feeling like I lost A WHOLE LOT of power from this interaction.

What can I do to regain my confidence and power. I fear that when she brings this up again I'm going to get frustrated.
I'm thinking of saying something in the mindset of "Yeah too bad about that, looks like we'll never speak again."

What do you all think I should do?
I don't want to ignore her next text, but is this the boy or the man talking?

hawk29

Reaction score
Huh? She's flirting back...what more could you want. Let her tease you...let her feel powerful or that she has some weird phone related upper hand. The more confident she is around you, the more she wants to hang with you. This stuff is the stuff that works man!! This is a perfect opportunity to show her you can laugh at yourself AND she can laugh at you and you won't freak out and get all defensive and pansy-ish.

Play it up if anything!! Let her laugh at you. Laughter is good. And as long as you know WHY you're letting her laugh...you haven't lost any power at all. (If it's something of ANY actual importance and she laughs - THEN you put her in her place and tell her what you expect. And even then that can be done in a - I'm disappointed in you type of way...which will just fuel their need to re-engage and prove themselves maybe 8 out of 10 times. This is NOT one of those times. Lighten up!)

abcd_z

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're worrying too much about it. If it's disrespect, tell her to knock it off and don't be afraid to walk if she won't. If it's just her being playful, don't let it bother you. A middle ground, a "It bugs me but it's not important enough to confront her about" is probably the worst mental place for you to be. One side or the other, dude.

Now, on to the larger picture. You haven't lost any power unless you worry too much about what she thinks about you. You're getting wrapped up in the tactics ("should I ignore her text or not?") that you're missing the larger picture You should focus on being a man who is social and unafraid and doesn't worry too much about her, but who still enjoys the interactions with her. A little complicated, but I think that about covers it.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would this affect your confidence? My phone dies all the time because I forget to charge it sometimes. It works in my favor because the girl is left wondering why I haven't answered her text for 12 hours or a day.

Just act like nothing happened.

SandHawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, this is just flirting. One of the girl's I'm currently texting with a girl who responded to a text that men look weird naked. Instead of feeling attacked(because apparantly we're ugly creatures when naked), I told her she was in trouble, which escalated in a lot of sexual hinted flirting over text messages.

Don't get a fuss over it, play the game along with her. You can turn this into a very sexual thing if played right!

I'm in the Mood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know y'all are right...I'm stressin wayy too much right now.
Man, next time someone makes fun of me in a non-disrespectful way, I'll more than gladly play along.

Thanks fellas.

I'm in the Mood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
schttrj said:
you should probably focus on having MORE FUN, rather than on having a strong game!
No I disagree, having a strong game gives you more opportunity for having fun, they're both important in their own ways and should be focused on.

So she sent me an email saying sorry for forgetting to text me all this week because of studying for finals :p I'm gonna wait until she texts me then bust on her for that haha

"if you had texted me I'd have texted you the answers and you'd get an A+..." Lol

Problem solved!