Broken meniscus & injured biceps tendon at the shoulder. Roids=better recovery?

Starriol

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 24 years old, been training since 17.
About a year ago I broke my meniscus because of using bad form in 45º press.
And now I've ****ed up my shoulder doing presses like 4 months ago.

Been doing kinesiology and stuff... the truth is that I've been running, doing presses and not giving both part the rest necesary.
I had an operation because of the meniscus and still feel the same.

The only good idea I see is to stop the gym & muay thai I'm doing now and start swimming for 2/3 months... I NEED to do something.

And I truly fear losing muscle mass... that's where roids come in.

Actually, I was thinking about doing this before I've heard today that they can also aid injure recovery.

So my questions are:

1) Is it true that roids help recovery?
2) Which ones are effective for keeping muscle mass & helping recovery? If you could give a full plan, that'd be most helpful, since I've never done a cycle.

Also, I don't want tits or tests cancer, so I'm not looking for the biggest **** around... my objective is not be huge, just keep mass & heal fast so I can go back fast to the gym, clean again.

Thanks.

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think your confused with cortisone steroids, a totally different compound than anabolic steroids. Roids will make your tendons and muscles tighter and perhaps cause more problems.

You can't "break" your meniscus because it is cartilage. Medial meniscus is on the inside of your knee. I have had surgery to take out a torn meniscus on each knee. If you suspect you have hurt your knee or have a severly broken meniscus :crackup: you should go to a doctor and ultimately get an MRI because xrays cannot detect softer tissues like cartilage accurately. I have shoulder problems also from a wrestling related injury and am getting an MRI next week. If something is wrong don't try to diagnose it yourself because you don't even know the difference between juice and cortisone shots. Go to the doc man...

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No they will not help you recover quicker, if anything it may hinder your recovery. I'm also worried because you were injured from using bad form in the first place. Steroids are merely a tool for bodybuilders who cannot gain any more lean body mass naturally, no matter how much he increases his caloric intake, and who want to take it to the next level ie. competitive.

I strongly advise against using them for recovery purposes. If anything I would have thought HGH could help, because it creates new muscle cells, not just enlarges them. And it also strengthens joints.

Starriol

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Inside Man said:
I think your confused with cortisone steroids, a totally different compound than anabolic steroids. Roids will make your tendons and muscles tighter and perhaps cause more problems.

You can't "break" your meniscus because it is cartilage. Medial meniscus is on the inside of your knee. I have had surgery to take out a torn meniscus on each knee. If you suspect you have hurt your knee or have a severly broken meniscus :crackup: you should go to a doctor and ultimately get an MRI because xrays cannot detect softer tissues like cartilage accurately. I have shoulder problems also from a wrestling related injury and am getting an MRI next week. If something is wrong don't try to diagnose it yourself because you don't even know the difference between juice and cortisone shots. Go to the doc man...
Yeah, I'm gonna go to see if there are some drugs that can help get better faster...

I hate being out of the gym!

Ok, I got confused, but my meniscus ARE torn, I got surgery 3 months ago for that and a Dr. did diagnose my shoulder too... now I'd like to go to see if they see swimming OK as recovery.

Thx!

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, my physical therapist, one of the best in the area, told me I should quit squatting and deadlifting after my 1st surgery. And definetly after the 2nd... Some people on here will say that you can always squat but to quote a doctor I went to, when "pieces of your body are missing" sometimes you have to do things differently. I keep my legs in shape by offroad cycling. My legs aren't as big as they used to be but I am not worried about pure strength or size lifting anymore.
Swimming is good, try the kickboard because regular stroke or breast stroke may irritate the shoulder more. My shoulders ****ed up too man, going to find out whats wrong with it monday. Swimming is GREAT rehab for knee injuries though, and a good workout. I also rehabbed my broken ankle w/ a lot of swimming. heal up!

Starriol

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your doctor sounds quite convincing... ****, this sucks, you always think other guys get hurt... and when it happens to you, it's the worst thing. You take it sooo granted that you can always train like a maniac and now I need to rehab in a pool like an old man :(

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know man, I was so surprised the first time I hurt my knee. Then I learned that injuries like that are pretty common in certain sports, and ended up doing it again 4 years later! It will develop mental strength and fortitude though, even if your body gets weaker. I woke up from my 2nd surgery and I really felt like I was reborn.

You sign a form before you go in that if you die, not their fault...etc.. For some reason that I didn't pay as much attention the first time but my second surgery I was just like wow, theres a chance, however small, that I might not wake up from this. It changed my life, for the better, and that wouldn't have happened w/out the injury. But yeah, it does give you a new appreciation for when you feel totally healthy and everythigns going great!