Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Broken arm (humerus) recovery journal

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Broke my arm doing arm wrestling

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=181439

Too late to change things now, but will be keeping this journal as a record of my recovery and to keep motivated.

The break wasn't a really bad one (although the bone did break in two!) but it is still pretty debilitating.

So it begins:

25 Jan 2011 - Tue - Date of Injury

Broke humerus while arm wrestling with mates - 9:30 pm approx. Taken to hospital and stay there overnight in the emergency department.

26 Jan 2011 - Wed – 1 Day Since Injury

Released from hospital 9:30am approx. Cast on arm. Mate picks me up, takes me via chemist to get prescription painkillers and then home.

29 Jan 2011 – Sat - 4 Days Since Injury

Initial Adaptions

Last few days have been an annoying case of sitting around doing not too much. And learning to do things with only my right arm. Since I’m normally left handed, makes it even more difficult.

I did have an offer from a friend (the one who took me to hospital) to go stay with his family for the first few days, but I declined since I knew that it would only make me feel worse. Whereas I can get great satisfaction now from achieving small tasks – things which I had previously taken for granted.

So far, I have managed to drive about 200 km (good thing both cars are autos), have went shopping, and learnt how to tie shoe laces one handed (what would we ever do without google?).

Pain has not been that great (Ibuprofen) but the painkillers seem to make me drowsy and have also lost my appetite. I have gone from 6-7 meals (e.g. including protein shakes) down to struggling to eat 3 a day.

Nighttimes are also bad in the early morning once the painkillers wear off.

Resolutions for Recovery

Some things I have decided on:

1) I will try to maintain my fitness while injured – the only way I can see to do this is to use an exercise bike. At the moment, even walking too fast results in my arm flopping backwards and forwards and some pain.

2) I will do what strength training I can for my right side and lower body. It will be complicated by the fact that I will be (once I return to work) spending 5 nights a week up away from the city and with no access to machines. So I will have to do what I can with free weights in these periods.

3) I will keep this recovery journal from now on, since writing about it (even if typing with one hand is a bit slower) will help me to stay positive and get through it.

4) I will not think about the past and what it was like before the injury. Instead I will focus only on the future and recovery.

5) Even already, I’ve noticed there seems to be something funny to some people about getting your arm broken in an arm wrestle. It’s not like I was a weakling, and yet people who wouldn’t have had anything on me strength wise think it’s funny.

This will occur more in the future. My strategy for dealing with people like this is to simply move on. If someone acts in this way, I will simply not bother answering and walk away.

Buying and assembling an Exercise Bike

Today I bought an exercise bike. The bloke at the store was kind enough to carry it out to my car for me.

When I got it home, it was only 20 kg and had straps around the box so could get it inside on my own.

I then had to assemble it out of the box. I could have asked for help from friends to do it, but accepted the challenge myself.

Luckily none of the Allan key or screws needed more than 1 hand to do up. Tricky parts were where you needed to hold a part in place and screw it in. Amazingly you can figure out ways to do this with one hand if you are determined enough.

What would normally be a 1 hour (max) time to install with 2 hands took about 3 hours with one hand. But it was very satisfying to get it done in the end.

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
30 Jan 2011 – Sun - 5 Days Since Injury

Random musings on the injury and its effect on my s*x life

At the time of the injury, I had just started seeing several girls after getting back to town after the Xmas break.

One who was into me big time has already flaked since she heard about the injury. Maybe because of it, maybe not… (although I think probably because of it, since she seemed pretty unsympathetic).

Another who I had slept with is has been messaging me a lot but I am not sure exactly where her interest level is at, since she has been making it hard to meet up.

There were several others I was going to meet, but I postponed since frankly I couldn’t wasn’t in the mood due to the drowsiness caused by the painkillers.

Hopefully my drive will return once the painkillers become less frequent.

First use of the Exercise Bike

Did my first 30 minutes on the new exercise bike this arvo.

Possibly because of the painkillers (I take a round with breakfast, lunch and tea) I struggled with drowsiness and almost dozed off and fell off several times.

Plus could not go at top speed without disturbing my arm.

But managed to get through it and do 30 minutes worth – something I want to keep doing x 5 weekly.

It won’t compare to running or riding a real bike, but still should be of some benefit.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man I love your attitude, but don't push yourself too hard. Especially the one-sided strength training will just screw you up. You'll be making almost no gains, and when your arm is finally healed you will be just that more unbalanced.

I broke my elbow in 2009, and it took over 7 months to recover. I started out strong like you, wanting to train the rest of my body, but real weight training is just no good. I can recommend the bicycle trainer though! But face it, you WONT be able to keep your muscle mass. And trust me, the muscles on your broken arm will completely vanish.

However, after your arm is COMPLETELY healed (ask your doc about safety), you will get back up to your old level extremely fast. So right now, you gotta roll with the punches, and admit you will lose some. The way you're thinking right now, you'll have little results, burn out and possibly endanger your arm. I know it sucks hard, but you will never forgive yourself if you screw up now!

P.S.: Is the bone fixated, e.g. by metal plate or wire? Or is it "just" a cast? Because if it's not internally fixated, DO NOT train or shock your body in ANY WAY for the first 1-2 weeks! You'll screw up your arm for life, and with the painkillers you won't even notice!

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive feedback and also the good advice.

Based on your experience it looks like the one sided weights will probably be a waste of time and probably counter productive, so it would be foolish of me to not take advice from others who already learnt the hard way.

The arm is just in a cast.

I went for a check up at the doctors today and saw the X-Rays. The break is a bit above the elbow, and he was slightly concerned because the two pieces of bone were not exactly lined up (at a slight angle).

He spent some time "conferring with a colleague" and then came to the conclusion that it should be okay. However I'm booked in for another X-Ray in a week to make sure it is ok.

So will have to see how I go.

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
31 Jan 2011 – Mon - 6 Days Since Injury

Start of Week Update

Managed to get through the weekend without going insane and have adapted ok. Even managed to shave ok last night using right hand.

Sponge baths of myself are actually semi-enjoyable.

Keeping up with a daily program of exercise will help to keep me motivated for sure, so will keep up with exercise bike on a daily basis at least 5 times a week.

Have a meeting with the doctor tomorrow so will see how I go there.

The girl I banged last weekend (before the injury) has been messaging me a fair bit. We were going to meet up tonight, but I have put that on hold since I struggle to keep my eyes open after about 8pm from the painkillers.

At present, on paper, I have 8 girls listed in my register:

- The 1 I banged the weekend before the injury
- 5 where I have their number – yet to meet (i.e. e-mail groundwork done, but chance of a nexting after the first date probably around 75%, assuming we even meet up); and
- 2 where we are in the e-mail stage.

I suspect over the next few weeks this number will cut down, possibly as low as 2. This will however depend on how my drive recovers after the painkillers and how the injury is perceived, plus usual flaking.

Extract from an E-mail to My Family

Yes, obviously muscle building is focused on the muscles.

But when you look on the net, broken arms from arm wrestling seem to be amazingly common. Probably for the reasons J suggests

[extract from his e-mail: “Bone shape and strength are generally determined by the time you're 20 years old - so while you can increase muscle mass it's near impossible to alter the shape of bone (obviously you can increase bone density to some extent, but that may not significantly increase bone strength). Ultimately bone is like concrete, has good tensile and compressional strength but pretty poor torsional strength - and I imagine arm wrestling would create immense torsional forces”]

There is a story around that higher protein leads to a reduction in bone strength. However from what I could see on the Internet, this was based on a study done on postmenopausal women.

I did find an article that seems to have some scientific credentials (American Journal of Clinical Nutrition) which said:

Overall, the authors could find little support for a negative relation between dietary protein and bone. Importantly, from cross-sectional surveys, the pooled r values did not identify a negative association between protein intake and BMD/BMC at the clinically relevant skeletal sites.

In fact, there was a slight positive association between increasing dietary protein and BMD, such that protein was able to account for 1–2% of BMD. For an environmental factor to contribute to a complex trait such as bone mass by even that much is potentially significant.

In the 19 randomized placebo-controlled trials, there was an overall slightly positive effect of protein supplementation (from all different sources) on lumbar spine BMD. Interestingly, the authors could find no significant differences between soy protein or milk basic protein on lumbar spine BMD.

This small positive association between protein and bone mass, however, did not translate to decreased fracture rates. There was no significant association (either positive or negative) of protein intake with fracture incidence in either the qualitative review or the meta-analysis.

Full article is here:

http://www.ajcn.org/content/90/6/1451.full

So as far as I'm concerned, chances are that it would have happened regardless of my weight training or protein shakes, apart from the fact that [if I had been my former skinny self] I probably would have been beaten before the bone was put under enough stress to break in two.

Adaptation to Strange Situations

My broken arm has forced me to begin using my right arm and hand a lot more than I ever have before.

Brushing teeth, shaving, driving, trying to use a knife to cut food, typing are all things I used to do mostly with my left hand. Changing to my right has been strange, but when you don’t have a choice, that gives a pretty incentive to make the best of it that you can.

But nothing has felt weirder than trying to write with my right hand. My writing with my left hand is normally average at best.

Today I have been practicing with my right hand. The writing is readable (I think!) but still very un neat, like a first graders. I don’t think it is something worth practicing too much more of, since I think it will take a lot more than 6 weeks to undo 28 years of not using it.

And fortunately in the electronic age, you can get away with typing and no writing surprisingly often.

Exercise Bike

17.3 km in 45 minutes. Better energy than yesterday. Started to feel dozy but managed to get through.

Seat is damned uncomfortable, since I am perched on it, can’t shift or put my arms on the handlebars.

The exercise bike might be good for maintaining fitness, but even up on its maximum setting, resistance is pretty low….maybe my legs are too strong…

I did 3 sets of 20 each of bodyweight squats and lunges after this, but with no weight, they were too easy and I could just have kept going.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Regarding girls, one of the times in my life when I got laid the most was when I had a broken wrist and wore a cast for almost 3 months. Great ice-breaker, among other very creative uses I had for it. One even complimented me on my skillful navigation in bed with that cast around my arm. :D It pays to have a good attitude about it. Add humour to the mix and you have a killer combo. Your experience right now with "Adaptation to Strange Situations" is chick crack. Use it to your advantage. :)

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1 Feb 2011 – 7 Days Since Injury

Doctor’s Visit

Went for a check up today. The way it seems to be, a 15-minute appointment and it took me 3 hours to get in and out.

I saw the X-Rays after they had redone them. The break is a bit above the elbow, and the doctor was slightly concerned because the two pieces of bone were not exactly lined up (at a slight angle).

He spent some time "conferring with a colleague" and then came to the conclusion that it should be okay. However I'm booked in for another X-Ray in a week to make sure it is ok.

Physical Review

My arm was not too sore today. What was fvckin’ sore (an ongoing dull ache) was my shoulders / neck, where the sling is around my neck.

I could lie down to relieve it, but since I don’t want to spend all day lying down, not much I can do about it.

When out shopping today, got approached by two attractive girls (separately) in the fruit section, asking if I needed help (getting sh*t into the plastic bags IS pretty hard with only one arm).

Not going to read too much into it (but is 2 more than have ever approached me at Woollie’s before!), but reinforced what was written above about how I could use this broken arm to my advantage.

It is something different and I’ve noticed girls looking at me much more than before, since I stand out. In a week or so, when I’m more in the mood, might see what I can do with this.

Exercise Bike

11.4 km in 30 minutes. Boring as hell, but at least I’m in the habit. Get some music pumping and the time gets through.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The favourite & hottest girl I got with the cast on my arm approached me first asking if I could still dance with it. One thing I remember asking her to do was to draw pretty things on my cast to make it interesting (she was a creative design artist). Fun & easy move to get close & comfortable physically (I had to sit right next to her with my arm on her lap for the drawing).

Create a contrast with that arm cast by having a big smile on your face and joy in your eyes. I had to stop playing soccer and other things while I had that bloody thing on, which frustrated me to no end, but I was quite excited at the different things I came up with. I think our creativity really shines through when faced with adversity and restrictions.

It was such a chick magnet that when it was time to get it off, I was rather reluctant to do so. :p

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hehe sorry about my emotional reply earlier, just wanted to save you from a big mistake! I had the same reaction as you back then "I'm sure it isn't too bad, I can power through it", but some things you just can't change. For some time you deceive yourself like that but after a month or so you realize there was never a way to keep your muscles or whatever. And then you will be really depressed.

Just take up some cool hobby or project, so you don't get bored and frustrated at yourself. I see you have some girls waiting, that will do just nicely!

Also, stop taking the painkillers soon... I've broken both legs and arms at various times, and never used em (except for directly after surgery heh). Or maybe only for sleeping. I used to have some nasty pain in first week, but after that it was mostly gone. I prefer a little throbbing to feeling paralyzed all day. Because after 3 weeks you'll get ****y and do stuff you really shouldn't... the pain is to remind you ;)

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2 Feb 2011 – 8 Days Since Injury

Painkillers

My arm was sore last night and sleep was not great. Something I should elaborate on from my previous posts was the “painkillers” I am on.

Since I left the hospital, the only I have been on is Ibuprofen. It did make me drowsy the first few days (with some dizziness and slight ringing in my ears, all of which are listed side effects), but that effect seems to have worn off.

And apparently people often use it for headaches and other minor stuff, so my chance of getting hooked is pretty low. Probably more of a case that I am not used to the stuff.

Tropical Cyclone Yasi

The last few days, a very bad tropical cyclone has been approaching the coast. A satellite IR image of it is here:

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/sohemi/sohemiloops/shirgmscol.html

It is now a category 5 and the latest description is:

SEVERE TC YASI IS A LARGE AND VERY POWERFUL TROPICAL CYCLONE AND POSES AN EXTREMELY SERIOUS THREAT TO LIFE AND PROPERTY WITHIN THE WARNING AREA….

THIS IMPACT IS LIKELY TO BE MORE LIFE THREATENING THAN ANY EXPERIENCED DURING RECENT GENERATIONS.

The Cyclone has now reached CATEGORY 5 and will continue to move in a west-southwesterly direction during today.

Pretty scary stuff, and I can’t help but feel some relief that it looks like it will hit further north. But I also feel sorry for all the people in its path.

My place is up away from possible flooding and if I have to, I can shelter in the basement at work, which is nearby. But a lot of people aren’t this lucky.

A phenomenon of nature, it takes a lot of the attention off my arm (since soon it looks like there are going to be a lot of people more worse off) and also helps to reinforce to me that I should only worry about changing things in my control.

Breaking my arm happened and is now out of my control. I can’t go back and have it not happen. But what I can do is look forward and focus on recovery for the long term.

Future update to come after the cyclone passes.

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
The favourite & hottest girl I got with the cast on my arm approached me first asking if I could still dance with it. One thing I remember asking her to do was to draw pretty things on my cast to make it interesting (she was a creative design artist). Fun & easy move to get close & comfortable physically (I had to sit right next to her with my arm on her lap for the drawing).

Create a contrast with that arm cast by having a big smile on your face and joy in your eyes. I had to stop playing soccer and other things while I had that bloody thing on, which frustrated me to no end, but I was quite excited at the different things I came up with. I think our creativity really shines through when faced with adversity and restrictions.

It was such a chick magnet that when it was time to get it off, I was rather reluctant to do so. :p
Good example.

Yes, I will very much need to maintain a positive frame like that if I want to make the most of this experience.

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Huffman said:
Hehe sorry about my emotional reply earlier, just wanted to save you from a big mistake! I had the same reaction as you back then "I'm sure it isn't too bad, I can power through it", but some things you just can't change. For some time you deceive yourself like that but after a month or so you realize there was never a way to keep your muscles or whatever. And then you will be really depressed.

Just take up some cool hobby or project, so you don't get bored and frustrated at yourself. I see you have some girls waiting, that will do just nicely!

Also, stop taking the painkillers soon... I've broken both legs and arms at various times, and never used em (except for directly after surgery heh). Or maybe only for sleeping. I used to have some nasty pain in first week, but after that it was mostly gone. I prefer a little throbbing to feeling paralyzed all day. Because after 3 weeks you'll get ****y and do stuff you really shouldn't... the pain is to remind you ;)
Yes, well it is good to get advice from others have been through it before.

Keeping myself busy with meaningful stuff to do will go a long way.

But right now, all I can think about is the damn cyclone:

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65002.shtml

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/sohemi/sohemiloops/shirgmscol.html

Wind outside is picking up outside and I hate the feeling of having a useless arm in a situation like this.

But I must endure.

Last edited:

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Runner-

There are actually some studies out there that demonstrate unilateral training in the wake of injury can actually stimulate growth in the injured limb. In layman's terms it has to do with the body's ever-present need to maintain homeostasis. Granted, the growth in the injured limb will not match the uninjured limb, but training what you can has been shown to stimulate muscle activation in the immobilized or injured extremity. If you're interested in some reading do a Google Scholar search on unilateral limb training and injury.

Also, I dont know if you are into lifting, but Matt Kroczaleski has a log on Elitefts.com. He recently tore his triceps and had surgery on his triceps and triceps tendon. He is still training heavy legs and unilateral arm movements, within his limits. Check it out. http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-logs.asp?tid=126&__N=Matt Kroczaleski

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
Runner-

There are actually some studies out there that demonstrate unilateral training in the wake of injury can actually stimulate growth in the injured limb. In layman's terms it has to do with the body's ever-present need to maintain homeostasis. Granted, the growth in the injured limb will not match the uninjured limb, but training what you can has been shown to stimulate muscle activation in the immobilized or injured extremity. If you're interested in some reading do a Google Scholar search on unilateral limb training and injury.

Also, I dont know if you are into lifting, but Matt Kroczaleski has a log on Elitefts.com. He recently tore his triceps and had surgery on his triceps and triceps tendon. He is still training heavy legs and unilateral arm movements, within his limits. Check it out. http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-logs.asp?tid=126&__N=Matt Kroczaleski
Colossus,

Thanks for that info. I'll have to look into it and work out my plan of attack.

Huffman earlier had recommended (based on his experience) that it might be counter productive and possibly do more harm than good.

So I will have to consider what I think will be best for me. 3 months off while frustrating wouldn't be the end of the world.

A bit of background:

* I used to do mostly running, cycling etc. I ran 2 marathons, in 08 and 09. Fastest was 3h, 15 min.

* I still do a bit of that (did, before the injury) but had been lifting weights for about 10 months before the injury and had bulked up by about 30 pounds.

So still new to the game. I'm still in the phase where I was working on increasing weight for the major compound lifts.

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6 Feb 2011 – 12 Days Since Injury

Cyclone Yasi strikes + The Aftermath: 90 hours without power and counting

Cyclone Yasi (a huge category 5) struck on Wednesdays afternoon / night. Fortunately it was further north, so where I live there was a lot of strong wind, and a lot of trees were damaged, but damage to properties was limited.

There was some damage to my place but I rent so not too upset about that.

Something that I really did struggle with was the subsequent power outage (which has lasted for over 3 days as I write thus).

It was widespread through town and driving around the last couple of nights, it has been like being in a ghost town. Most traffic signals and streetlights were out, trees were down everywhere and street signs looked like they had been ripped to bits by some huge monster. It was so dark.

What made it hard for me was no fans or AC. The cast on my arm makes me hotter and wearing it in a tropical summer without any real way of cooling myself was almost unbearable at times. Plus the itching inside the cast I can’t get at.

I resorted to resting a wet washcloth on my forehead while reclining and that was the best thing I could come up with, apart from drives in my car so I could use the cool in there, and sponge baths.

I managed to keep going though, mainly by thinking about the people who had homes destroyed and were much worse off than me.

Once the power comes back on, it should be much easier (I’m typing this at work where there is power).

Exercise Bike

I missed Wednesday (when the cyclone struck), but did rides on Thur, Fri and Sat. Around 30 – 40 minutes per session.

It was hot and humid and very uncomfortable, but I managed to force my way through it.

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
7 Feb 2011 – 13 Days Since Injury

Extract from e-mail to family

Power was on briefly yesterday afternoon / night, but went off at 10:30. Also fried my microwave (not working now).

I was soaked in sweat today by the time (6am) I left.

But luckily repairs have been made and when I got back, it was on again and seems to be working fine.

Today I went up to the job site. Power and water is still off in the nearby town. Previously, through the job was a lush rain forest. But today trees had been stripped bare everywhere - what I imagine it would look like if a bomb went off.

The guys in the office who were there were good about my arm injury (I told them the true story).

No activity on site and I drove back to my town [about 1.5 hours each way]. Unfortunately driving (because of the bumping) does not help my arm and when I got back today, it was sorer than it had been this morning.

I have the appointment with the doctor tomorrow morning. Regardless of how that goes, I am going to try and get approval to (called the senior guy on site after I got back and he agreed) to:

- Until my arm is better, work out of the local office (to prevent aggravating it from driving).

I am also going to put the option forward to work from home. Technology is available, and this would avoid the need to risk putting a shirt on.

When I put a shirt on, I have to take my arm out of the sling, progressively ease the left sleeve over it, while shifting where my arm rests on my leg. No matter how carefully I do it, there is always some pain.

If I could work from home using remote connection, that would be best, but will see how I go tomorrow and let you know.

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
8 Feb 2011 – 14 Days Since Injury

Extract from e-mail to family [in response to an offer from my mum to come and live me for a few weeks to help out]

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life.

But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done.

Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!"
[this quote is from Rocky Balboa]

I know that is what you want and I appreciate the offer.

But for now so much of my motivation is the grim satisfaction of still doing stuff for myself even if it does take longer.

If I can't keep doing stuff for myself, then that would effect my morale greatly.

I should be better off working down here and can manage on my own.

I've been hit and could lie down and ask for help, blaming things on others or outside circumstances like a coward.

Or, like I am doing, I can accept the hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done.

Doctor’s Visit

Went to the Hospital today. The x-ray today looked a lot better than last week and the bones were lined up.

The doctor did some tests to check my hand strength, and then one of the senior doctors also came in and he was happy with it as well.

Doctors were different to last week, so my case has now been reviewed by 4 doctors.

They took the cast off and I now have a brace installed instead. Basically straps around my upper arm and my wrist, with a metal bar in between for stability, and a strap around my neck and down my right side to join at the wrist.

It is a bit more awkward than the cast and makes putting a shirt on properly almost impossible. But I managed to squeeze my t-shirt over the top when I left.

Got approval from my boss to work down in town for a while. Also, she had left by the time I got back to work after the doctor, but have put in a request to work from home.

Aircon was broken at work (2 days now) so no way am I going to sweat my ass off there when I can do the same work from home in the Aircon.

Also put in a claim for the $1000 flood disaster payment. One of the criteria is without power etc for at least 48 hours, and I was without it from Wed arvo to Mon morning, so easily meet that.

Heard today the mum of one of my mate's had passed away yesterday, from cancer. I had met her several times, I think she was late 50's.

Puts it into perspective. My injury is awkward but it will heal...as long as I keep moving forward. Cowards give up, and that ain't me, I'm better than that.

Reactions at work

Today was my first day in the office since I broke it. Those I saw, reactions were pretty much positive, no negative reactions I can remember, even when I explained how I did it.

But then again, despite the fact they I have banged several girls in the office (or because of it), I have pretty good rep in the office. If you can laugh about it and be positive, others generally will be as well.

Exercise Bike

16.3 km in 45 minutes. Total distance is now about 105 km.

Much easier riding it with some good music pumping, a fan and A/C.

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
9 Feb 2011 – 15 Days Since Injury

Working remotely from home – first day

Today was my first day working remotely from home, although I only did the morning. Very effective since I still have access to everything and (huge plus) my A/C is very cool while that at work is currently out of commission.

Went in the arvo with a mate to buy a new microwave and vacuum to replace the ones that got zapped in the cyclone power outage.

[INSERT COMPANY NAME] Annual Arm Wrestling Championships

There is spot in town well known for 2 for 1 drinks on Friday afternoons from 5 – 7pm. From my work, some of us go there sometimes.

Here is an e-mail I sent out in the afternoon to a group of people who have been before:

[INSERT COMPANY NAME] Annual Arm Wrestling Championships to be held at [Awesome Watering Spot] on Friday 18th Feb.

Heats will commence at 5pm, followed by semi-finals, with grand final to commence at 7pm.

Alternatively, anyone (like me) going there just for a drink, that will be happening as well.

Fvck, if anyone is going to laugh about my condition, might as well be me!

Dropping Plates

A misnomer, but put in for the catchy title. There were 6 girls I had been messaging after they had contacted me online. One I had met in person and slept with (first date) whereas 5 I had not met in person prior to the injury.

The humerus brace is too awkward (much more awkward than a lower arm cast) so last night I sent them a message explaining how the brace is awkward and I wanted to focus on recovery, but would message them in 4 weeks to meet up once it is off.

Interestingly, the girl I had slept with was the only one not to respond…

Sure, I may lose some or all of them in the 4 weeks, but my recovery must come first, and I don’t really give a fvck since they can be replaced.

I will of course keep my options open when I am out and about, but meeting up with girls during this period I don’t really care about.

Exercise Bike

Did 20 km in 54 minutes. Since the seat is hard, I did this in 5 km blocks, then got up to stretch out for a few minutes, before continuing.