Broke up with my gf and now i feel empty

Chevelle95

Reaction score
I made a post about her feeling like women can hook up if they want to and everyone’s responses made me realize that I been overlooking lots of red flags . I broke up with her last week but since then I’ve been feeling very depressed . I been callin out of work , I haven’t been workin out , I just been feeling super slumped .

I think I fckin attached to her and I’m not feeling confident . But I think I have a problem where I always need to have a relationship or have a chick by my side or taking to s girl It’s likr I can’t be alone and I hate that sh*t. I knoe I need to take a break frm girls but that feeling of being alone is unbearable sometimes

Where do I go from here ?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I made a post about her feeling like women can hook up if they want to and everyone’s responses made me realize that I been overlooking lots of red flags . I broke up with her last week but since then I’ve been feeling very depressed . I been callin out of work , I haven’t been workin out , I just been feeling super slumped .

I think I fckin attached to her and I’m not feeling confident . But I think I have a problem where I always need to have a relationship or have a chick by my side or taking to s girl It’s likr I can’t be alone and I hate that sh*t. I knoe I need to take a break frm girls but that feeling of being alone is unbearable sometimes

You was in a bad relationship? If so you did the right thing. You feel empty because alot of your self worth was based upon being with her. Fill your hole with activities and people who like having you around.

Oh I just checked. You was the "GF thinks there's no problem hooking up" guy. You did the right thing. She was a wrecking ball for your esteem and masculinity.

Going forward you need to commit to yourself and your purpose and promise to never subject yourself to that again.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Time heals all wounds. I broke-up with an ex-gf at the end of 2012 and had allot of nice memories with her. The next year 2013 was depressed, like a hole in my heart, and fact the year sort of replayed the previous year in my mind while I'm by myself. The next year, I met someone else and got married in 2014 but the marriage didn't last more than two months and we separated near the end of 2014. However, since I feel I was less compatible with her than the previous gf, the wounds were not as deep and had more anxiety rather than depression going over in 2015. Since this time I haven't been involved with anyone to that extent, but I have not experienced any lows (i.e like in 2013 or 2015). All I can say is time heals all wounds and there will come a point that it loses relevancy.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop thinking about her... force your mind to change the subject. Get busy... be productive, do something. You are not going to feel like it but the best thing you can do is get back on the horse and date other girls.... fastest way to get over a chick guaranteed.

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best way is to date other girls, get out there. Surround yourself with friends and family. You will feel lonely some nights, this is normal. Do not dwell on it. Get on OLD, get some matches. It will build your confidence. Go out some dates. Read the threads on this forum. These forums got me through my oneitis, a lot of members on here have gone through the same ish. When you feel down, come to the forums and read. Trust me it will make you feel better and give you a better understanding of women.

MrJack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What everyone else said.

It’s hard but you gotta get yourself back in the gym and preferably with a pre-workout drink to give you a little extra boost since you’re feeling down.

In my experience if I’m feeling down and simply don’t want to do anything, the times I have forced myself to go to the gym have really turned my mood around. Might not make you all the sudden happy af but you WILL feel better. You have no choice but to feel better since your brain will release those feel good chemicals during and after a good workout.

And definitely don’t take a break from women because if that is what is causing you most of your emptiness then you need to fill that emptiness with new women, preferably by filling their holes (;

HankHill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy cow dude, I'm proud of you! I didn't think you had it in you but you did it, and you did the right thing. If you're this miserable in 2mo imagine in 2yrs how you'd feel with someone like that. She'd have driven you crazy. You deserve better.

Where do you go from here? Upwards! You'll have times when you'll feel like in a slump and will want to reach out to her, like a drug addiction but now you know this will happens so recognize it as a normal coping process and move on. Don't reach out to her, set a calendar (download a breakup app) and set a goal for no contact. Once you're past 3-4 months you'll feel a lot better. In the meantime, start checking out other women and casually date, workout, find a hobby, put on some music and head out on a bike etc.

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score

should kept on ****ign her man. thats what i would do

Last edited:

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Too many men put their focus on women, and that's where the problem lies.

Your life is like a job, a real life job, whereby instead of working for a company, you've working for yourself; your goals, dreams, ambition etc.

If you are an employee who is preoccupied with women and associated problems you can't function properly and productively at work. Similarly your life is also a full time job, whereby you need to focus on it and you need to understand that women are just your part time job, you can lose your part time job or even put on hold your part time job but you can't lose your full time job. Once you've lost your full time job, you've lost the power to chart your future.

Does this make sense?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too many men put their focus on women, and that's where the problem lies.

Your life is like a job, a real life job, whereby instead of working for a company, you've working for yourself; your goals, dreams, ambition etc.

If you are an employee who is preoccupied with women and associated problems you can't function properly and productively at work. Similarly your life is also a full time job, whereby you need to focus on it and you need to understand that women are just your part time job, you can lose your part time job or even put on hold your part time job but you can't lose your full time job. Once you've lost your full time job, you've lost the power to chart your future.

Does this make sense?
Spaz made the statement that our purpose is our full time job, women are a part time or side job.

Red Legg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I broke up with her last week but since then I’ve been feeling very depressed . I been callin out of work , I haven’t been workin out , I just been feeling super slumped .
OP, until you realize that women and happiness are NOT related you are going to be miserable...women exist only for sex and reproduction...welcome to the red pill.