Broke up with ex-gf after 1 year 4 months, *ASIAN ADVICE NEEDED*

Gamble

Don Juan
Reaction score
My ex-girlfriend (feels weird to say that) broke up with me after a 1 year and 4 month relationship. This is not the first time we've broken up, we've broken up several times since November of last year, maybe 5 or 6 times total. When we do breakup we usually get back together the next day. This time around, it seems as if its a final breakup. I needed some valuable input from you guys since I am really heartbroken :(. I know some of you are going to be harsh, and I'm going to have to man up and listen to everything, but be easy since I've been out of the game for a while :kick:

-We broke up this time because of the stress and fighting that we've been putting each other through, it just hasn't been the same lately. She has been there physically but emotionally shes been missing. All of the problems started back in November, right after her birthday and when I started to really spend time with her family.

-We argue about the same things, such as her family, my expectations, and time management. We can never come to an agreement because she is just so stubborn and never admits to her faults/always has an explanation of things.

-One of the biggest things and main reasons why we broke up is because I was fed up with the fact that she spent time with her "guy friends" and had dinners with them alone and had different activities after (grab coffee, dessert, play pool) in which my opinion sounds like a date. She says that they are just friends and that she's known them long before she's met me and that she would not waste her time with me if she was cheating on me with them. I have a VERY hard time accepting the fact that she has male friends that she eats dinner with and goes out with them after because in my opinion I just feel that if you're in a serious relationship, you shouldn't be going out with the opposite sex. What do you guys think about this situation? In the past I tried to compromise and let her go out with her guy friends, but I just can't accept it. When I asked her to drop her guy friends for me, she refuses and thinks negatively and says " If i drop my guy friends, what happens if we breakup, where do I go to?"

-2nd reason is because she keeps breaking up with me, after we have a stressful argument, I hate this because we are both adults and I feel that we should talk it out like human beings, rather than leaving the other person. I would always be the one running back to her, and this time I did not run back

-3rd reason is her family:

I recently graduated from a major university in December with a B.A. in Finance. I had a big graduation/celebration dinner with my family and invited her family as well. I chose the restaurant specifically across the street from her house so that her parents would have no problems showing up. She decides not to take them to my graduation dinner since she says "I don't want to put them through this in case we break up in the future." I found that it was very unfair that I ALWAYS made it to all of her family events, she has 3 little brothers and I would always make it to their bday parties/event celebrations with gifts as well.

I have no way of communication to her parents. Her parents do not speak english, and only speak Mandarin. I speak vietnamese, cantonese, and english. So there is a language barrier.

The other thing is that her family DOES NOT respect me. Her dad treats me as if I am some scumbag with no education, no job, and I just feel that with my accomplishments, no human being deserves this level of respect. Almost every time I come inside her house, I get this feeling from her dad that he does not want me to be there, unless he needs me to fix their computer.

I am mad at the fact that I invested so much time/effort into her family by showing respect and face by going to all of their events, spending time and money on her little brothers/parents and NOT receive anything back but negativity from her family after a year of trying to get them to "like me" and not have them show up to my graduation dinner really hurt me inside.

A wise friend of mine told me, "If you marry the girl, you marry her family" so I had that concept stuck in my head and always tried my best to make her family happy.

4th reason:
In December, she asked me for a promise ring for x-mas. We went shopping for it, and we picked it out together. Christmas time came, she opened the ring box in front of her family since she wanted them to see how happy/excited she was, then left it on her table in her room. The next week I wanted to take her to get the ring sized, so when I asked her about it, she says she doesn't know how to tell me this, but she lost the ring.

I was VERY upset/sad and she kept explaining that nobody took it from her room, her brothers did not take the ring, nor her parents did not take it. I honestly have a gut feeling that her mom secretly took the ring and hid it from her just because she didn't feel that it was right for her daughter to wear the promise ring. I can be wrong, but honestly nobody would of taken it, I don't think my ex-gf would lie about something like that either since she was crying that she felt guilty for losing the ring.

There are positives about her though:
My family REALLY respects her, LOVES her, and always talks to her with nothing but great things to say about her attitude. They really did see her in my future and I also saw her as a potential wife/soul mate. Maybe our visions are different since I am turning 23 and she is 20 and still in school pursuing to be a registered nurse.

She broke up with me 2 weeks ago, I was so mad at her I didn't call/text just let her be. The next 2 days she said she realized what she did was not right, but not all of it was her fault, and said she wanted me back for the next 2 days. I said no, and needed some time to think about the above situation (4 above reasons why I would not want her back).

The next couple of days, I tell her that I miss her and am ready to talk to her about what happen and resolve our recent problem we had. She says she needs time to think, and that she realized that it would be best for us to split up since we fight about the same things and can never come to a conclusion.

Last week, I saw her on tuesday and we made up, had sex, and then she still told me she needed another week to think about things and where they were going...

I called her on friday breaking down in tears, and because I am an honest guy I cannot mickey mouse this situation since I am older and do not want to play games. I told her that I was hurting deep down inside waiting for her, and that I was willing to resolve/compromise the issues we had faced previously. She said that it doesn't make sense for us to be back together because we'll fight about the same things over and over again, and that we'll stress each other out even more. She tells me she's made her decision to move on and that it doesn't seem that it will work later down the road. I cried and told her things such as "I don't want to lose you, I don't want to regret anything in the future" and so on... It wasn't working so I went to sleep since I had work early the next morning.

Anyways, this past sunday I finally realized that I was hurting myself too much over this relationship. I've put so much time and effort into someone that does not appreciate the things I do for her in the end. Maybe it's her age (20) and that she does not realize what she has is good, or maybe its the fact that she rather spend time with her friends than me. For whatever reason, it sounded like she was firm on her decision of breaking up with me and moving on. Changed her status on facebook and deleted all of my pictures.
I sent her a text saying,
"Hey, I thought about it, and I finally realized that I'm going to accept your decision and let go. It's been so great and we had some adventures, very unforunate we can't work things out. Call me in the future if you need any help. Good luck with school and everything else."

She does not text me back until today:

"I'm sorry too dear, goodluck with everything. I hope you get promoted within your company :) maybe we will get a chance to get together in the future. Thank you for everything, you'll always have a place in my heart"

Should I really move on? I mean, I don't think that I'm a bad guy to begin with. I have a stable career and recently graduated from college with a BA in Finance from a well known accredited university. Do you think that it's fair for me to deal with the level of respect that her parents show me? Or do you guys think I'm at fault for over analyzing the situation?

This week is my birthday, Friday I have dinner plans with my family and Saturday I am planning an event at a sports bar with my friends. Both of the events in which I invited her to, to celebrate my upcoming birthday. I honestly think that if she does not show up, I would be even more hurt. What do you guys think? Move on if she comes back? Accept the fact that she broke up with me?

I honestly do feel that right now, she's going to have fun with her friends and all since she has freedom now. But after she's alone and has no plans with her friends, she's going to realize that her friends do not give her a feeling of love that she needs. I just have a good feeling she will come back to me in a week or two. My family is so sweet to her, and her family is not so sweet to me. Family is important to me when it comes to a relationship, and it's something that can't accept if her family does not accept me. We love each other so much/the intensity of the attraction towards each other is extreme/unexplainable and it's just the fighting that is breaking us apart. I tried to explain to her that we can work things out, but she has no hope. I really am heartbroken and need to be guided in the right direction :(

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"One of the biggest things and main reasons why we broke up is because I was fed up with the fact that she spent time with her "guy friends" and had dinners with them alone and had different activities after"

That is a date. You should've told her that was unacceptable before you were in a relationship with her.

You say that you feel like noone should be in a relationship with another if they are going out 1 on 1 with the opposite sex?

Then why were you in a relationship with this girl for so long if she didn't meet your standards?

When I asked her to drop her guy friends for me, she refuses and thinks negatively and says " If i drop my guy friends, what happens if we breakup, where do I go to?"
Guess where she is now?? Sucking one of these dudes d!ck....

She decides not to take them to my graduation dinner since she says "I don't want to put them through this in case we break up in the future."
Who the f%ck says that in a relationship. That's a red flag.

"Hey, I thought about it, and I finally realized that I'm going to accept your decision and let go. It's been so great and we had some adventures, very unforunate we can't work things out. Call me in the future if you need any help. Good luck with school and everything else."
Real men don't make pity conversation like that. You move on. No contact!

and why the hell are you inviting her to your birthday dinner. That's not what is best for you at this moment.

escaleraroyal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You cried? what ****.....
sorry to tell u this but she is ****ing someone else right now!

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I happen to be from the same background as you, but I can't see how this is relevant to being Asian or Vietnamese / Chinese at all.

You're being a big pvssy. You let her and her family disrespect and walk all over you. You sound like a girl in this relationship, breaking down in tears & sh1t, while she remains calm. Forget about this one, you need to go do something else to take your mind off her, then pursue other girls.

I really don't know why some guys let themselves get into such situations in the first place. The first moment you get that kind of attitude from her family or the girl herself, you walk. Where's your pride? Where's your dignity?

You're only 23, far too young to pretend to be "oh I'm so old and mature now for these games". Go out and date a dozen other girls, and learn to be a man strong enough to not break down over silly things like this (yes one day you'll look back and wish you'd slap your stupid self for it).

Tovansky

Don Juan
Reaction score
oh man, I read your post and I already can see what is wrong with you and your relationship:

"We broke up this time because of the stress and fighting that we've been putting each other through, it just hasn't been the same lately. She has been there physically but emotionally shes been missing."

well... I can just say that you are already too attached to her, and she wasn't that attached to you. Therefore you have become the chump in my opinion.

"We can never come to an agreement because she is just so stubborn and never admits to her faults/always has an explanation of things."

So she doesn't respect you? A woman that likes you will never disrespect or become stubborn with you. A woman will always follow a man. But when you are a chump, she will not follow you anymore.

"One of the biggest things and main reasons why we broke up is because I was fed up with the fact that she spent time with her "guy friends" and had dinners with them alone and had different activities after (grab coffee, dessert, play pool) in which my opinion sounds like a date. She says that they are just friends and that she's known them long before she's met me and that she would not waste her time with me if she was cheating on me with them. I have a VERY hard time accepting the fact that she has male friends that she eats dinner with and goes out with them after because in my opinion I just feel that if you're in a serious relationship, you shouldn't be going out with the opposite sex. What do you guys think about this situation? In the past I tried to compromise and let her go out with her guy friends, but I just can't accept it. When I asked her to drop her guy friends for me, she refuses and thinks negatively and says " If i drop my guy friends, what happens if we breakup, where do I go to?" "

this part is really ****ed up okay? If she spent so much time with her guy friends, that only meant one thing: YOU ARE NOT FUN ANYMORE!!!!!! DON'T YOU GET IT? YOU ARE SO BORING THAT SHE DOESN'T WANT TO HAVE FUN WITH YOU AND OPT FOR HER GUY FRIENDS. My girl would drop every plan with her friends for me without me asking. Why? Because I am fun and sometimes she said all of other guys were boring and I would just laugh. and the last sentence, a girl would never dare to say it to me, because I could just drop her right there right now.

"2nd reason is because she keeps breaking up with me, after we have a stressful argument, I hate this because we are both adults and I feel that we should talk it out like human beings, rather than leaving the other person. I would always be the one running back to her, and this time I did not run back "

I bet you are the one apologizing? even though you may not have done anything wrong? Have been working under her fingers huh?

"3rd reason is her family:
I recently graduated from a major university in December with a B.A. in Finance. I had a big graduation/celebration dinner with my family and invited her family as well. I chose the restaurant specifically across the street from her house so that her parents would have no problems showing up. She decides not to take them to my graduation dinner since she says "I don't want to put them through this in case we break up in the future." I found that it was very unfair that I ALWAYS made it to all of her family events, she has 3 little brothers and I would always make it to their bday parties/event celebrations with gifts as well. "

DUDE, WHAT THE ****? LIKE REALLY? STOP BEING DELUSIONAL! SHE DOES NOT LIKE YOU!! how the hell can a woman say that to a guy she dates? It just blew my mind man! You make everything work for her, where is your priority? Where is your respect to yourself? If I were her, I might do the same. Why? Because you disgust me! You are too serious! You are just a slave and a personal chauffeur. You can do everything for me but I don't need to love you right?

"I have no way of communication to her parents. Her parents do not speak english, and only speak Mandarin. I speak vietnamese, cantonese, and english. So there is a language barrier. "

her parents were not involved you idiot. They might already forgot your name and your girl might tell them that you are just a ****en friend.

"The other thing is that her family DOES NOT respect me. Her dad treats me as if I am some scumbag with no education, no job, and I just feel that with my accomplishments, no human being deserves this level of respect. Almost every time I come inside her house, I get this feeling from her dad that he does not want me to be there, unless he needs me to fix their computer. "

why the **** ... I mean, how the heck can you cope up with this sh1t? Like really man? are you that low? don't you have self-respect? You said it yourself, but you did it anyway? what the **** is wrong with you?

"A wise friend of mine told me, "If you marry the girl, you marry her family" so I had that concept stuck in my head and always tried my best to make her family happy."

your friend is indeed wise. ... and you are stupid. You seriously think that that was your friend meant when he told you that? What he meant: Look for a woman that likes you and the one with families that already like and respect you.

"In December, she asked me for a promise ring for x-mas. We went shopping for it, and we picked it out together. Christmas time came, she opened the ring box in front of her family since she wanted them to see how happy/excited she was, then left it on her table in her room. The next week I wanted to take her to get the ring sized, so when I asked her about it, she says she doesn't know how to tell me this, but she lost the ring.

I was VERY upset/sad and she kept explaining that nobody took it from her room, her brothers did not take the ring, nor her parents did not take it. I honestly have a gut feeling that her mom secretly took the ring and hid it from her just because she didn't feel that it was right for her daughter to wear the promise ring. I can be wrong, but honestly nobody would of taken it, I don't think my ex-gf would lie about something like that either since she was crying that she felt guilty for losing the ring. "

so everything here is about you telling yourself what you want to hear and how you want to understand it huh? I don't want to say anything anymore about this.

"The next couple of days, I tell her that I miss her and am ready to talk to her about what happen and resolve our recent problem we had. She says she needs time to think, and that she realized that it would be best for us to split up since we fight about the same things and can never come to a conclusion. "

you almost won the fight by not calling at all and at the end I bet 1000$ she would call you back if you are really such a catch... But you ruined it and waved the white flag by calling her and said that you missed her. MISSION FAILED!

"I called her on friday breaking down in tears, and because I am an honest guy I cannot mickey mouse this situation since I am older and do not want to play games. I told her that I was hurting deep down inside waiting for her, and that I was willing to resolve/compromise the issues we had faced previously. She said that it doesn't make sense for us to be back together because we'll fight about the same things over and over again, and that we'll stress each other out even more. She tells me she's made her decision to move on and that it doesn't seem that it will work later down the road. I cried and told her things such as "I don't want to lose you, I don't want to regret anything in the future" and so on... It wasn't working so I went to sleep since I had work early the next morning. "

you cried huh? good job pal. NOT.

"Should I really move on? I mean, I don't think that I'm a bad guy to begin with. I have a stable career and recently graduated from college with a BA in Finance from a well known accredited university. Do you think that it's fair for me to deal with the level of respect that her parents show me? Or do you guys think I'm at fault for over analyzing the situation?"

do you live in a big city? I bet there are tons of other girls a lot more beautiful with a lot more nicer and respectable traits and personality. IF you are such an awesome catch, why have problems moving on and looking? The bigger the sea, the more the fishes. Unlike me, living in a small college town, but even I still have my game.

"This week is my birthday, Friday I have dinner plans with my family and Saturday I am planning an event at a sports bar with my friends. Both of the events in which I invited her to, to celebrate my upcoming birthday. I honestly think that if she does not show up, I would be even more hurt. What do you guys think? Move on if she comes back? Accept the fact that she broke up with me?"

move on. Have fun with your family. You owe a lot to yourself, your happiness and respect. Be happy. Do NOT care about her anymore, live your own life.

Tovansky

Don Juan
Reaction score
"I honestly do feel that right now, she's going to have fun with her friends and all since she has freedom now. But after she's alone and has no plans with her friends, she's going to realize that her friends do not give her a feeling of love that she needs. I just have a good feeling she will come back to me in a week or two. My family is so sweet to her, and her family is not so sweet to me. Family is important to me when it comes to a relationship, and it's something that can't accept if her family does not accept me. We love each other so much/the intensity of the attraction towards each other is extreme/unexplainable and it's just the fighting that is breaking us apart. I tried to explain to her that we can work things out, but she has no hope. I really am heartbroken and need to be guided in the right direction"

can you really stop being delusional. Judge her by her actions, not her words, or your own words in this matter... You want the right direction? Move on. Grieve for a week, alone, then move on. You are awesome like what you said right? You CAN do much better than this man.

FYI: I am asian too, so don't make an excuse that my advice is not asian enough. Tell me that you have read the 15 lessons by pook in this forum? It changed my life for the better since last year.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good riddance.

Its posts like this that made me not wanna read this forum... however, I feel obligated by your anguish to respond.

I'm east indian.. so technically south asia. I can't even feel sorry for you based on this post as there were AMPLE signs that you guys had a shiit relationship. As the other posters are saying judge a girl by her actions, not her words. Its clear that this girl never respected you. Remember, respect and admiration are cornerstones of attraction, which is an integral part of any successful relationship. You need to be hit in the face w/ heavy duty mining equipment in the hopes that it'll knock some sense into you. The sad thing is, I can tell you're not a dumb guy... you just need to man the phuck up.

I can't believe you stayed with this dumb biitch even through all the shiit she put you through. You shoulda hate phucked her after you guys got back together after your initial break up, came on her face, kicked her out, and told her that you guys were done. What a dumb kunt... you give her all that attention, and money and look at how she repays you. You should have dropped her a long time ago man... she'd be great as a part of a rotation, but unless she's playboy covergirl material and can suck chrome off a tail pipe, I'd NEVER EVER consider her for a serious relationship.

You need to get more confidence, get stop calling her and drop her from your life. You basically need to make her SORRY she ever left you and treated you like that. There are several ways you can accomplish this. The most effective way is to simply become a better man and end dating girl(s) that are considerably more physically attractive than her. Women are innately competitive and knowing that you can do better than her will eat at her for a long time.

Her family sounds like a bunch of illiterate FOB pricks. In my books respect should be earned, and not granted automatically. You should have mirrored the kind of respect that her dad gave you. I was a stripper when me and my fiance first started dating. She actually told her parents what I did, and as expected they didn't like me all that much... They were never outwardly disrespectful to me, but you could tell they were wary that I would hurt their daughter. Today I'm done dancing, and we're on fantastic terms because they see how happy she is with me, and they know I'll be able to take care of her. Clearly her dad was a dumb illiterate prick who had no idea about education or anything like that.

Sounds like you've got a good career path already, but make sure you don't stop there. Use your intelligence and drive to further yourself and go out and get an MBA when its feasible to do so. Be the best that you can be in your field. This will lead to happiness and also a big fat paycheck.

I'm not sure what kind of shape you're in, but get into elite shape (top 5% of the male population)... this really shouldn't be that hard in the US where most of the population is fat and outta shape. Getting into shape like this, being strong and explosive and having a great career will intrinsically help you to become more confident. Your post screams of insecurity and lack of confidence. This is likely why she disrespected you so much through out the course of your relationship. In my experience hot girls are very attracted to hypermasculine men.

Remember man, MAKE HER SORRY SHE EVER TREATED YOU LIKE THAT... Having other girls drooling over your body and looks, having a model on your arm and having a great career are sure fire ways to do this. Work on your confidence and masculinity and get into elite shape.

At this point the easiest way to forget about her is gonna be to go out and bang a bunch of whoores. Get back on your feet, improve yourself and get back in the game. You're still VERY young at 23, and have your whole life ahead of you. Go out and live it, and forget about this dumb kunt of a girl that phucked you over like that.

GoodButNotGreat

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fuglydude said:
Good riddance.

Its posts like this that made me not wanna read this forum... however, I feel obligated by your anguish to respond.

I'm east indian.. so technically south asia. I can't even feel sorry for you based on this post as there were AMPLE signs that you guys had a shiit relationship. As the other posters are saying judge a girl by her actions, not her words. Its clear that this girl never respected you. Remember, respect and admiration are cornerstones of attraction, which is an integral part of any successful relationship. You need to be hit in the face w/ heavy duty mining equipment in the hopes that it'll knock some sense into you. The sad thing is, I can tell you're not a dumb guy... you just need to man the phuck up.

I can't believe you stayed with this dumb biitch even through all the shiit she put you through. You shoulda hate phucked her after you guys got back together after your initial break up, came on her face, kicked her out, and told her that you guys were done. What a dumb kunt... you give her all that attention, and money and look at how she repays you. You should have dropped her a long time ago man... she'd be great as a part of a rotation, but unless she's playboy covergirl material and can suck chrome off a tail pipe, I'd NEVER EVER consider her for a serious relationship.

You need to get more confidence, get stop calling her and drop her from your life. You basically need to make her SORRY she ever left you and treated you like that. There are several ways you can accomplish this. The most effective way is to simply become a better man and end dating girl(s) that are considerably more physically attractive than her. Women are innately competitive and knowing that you can do better than her will eat at her for a long time.

Her family sounds like a bunch of illiterate FOB pricks. In my books respect should be earned, and not granted automatically. You should have mirrored the kind of respect that her dad gave you. I was a stripper when me and my fiance first started dating. She actually told her parents what I did, and as expected they didn't like me all that much... They were never outwardly disrespectful to me, but you could tell they were wary that I would hurt their daughter. Today I'm done dancing, and we're on fantastic terms because they see how happy she is with me, and they know I'll be able to take care of her. Clearly her dad was a dumb illiterate prick who had no idea about education or anything like that.

Sounds like you've got a good career path already, but make sure you don't stop there. Use your intelligence and drive to further yourself and go out and get an MBA when its feasible to do so. Be the best that you can be in your field. This will lead to happiness and also a big fat paycheck.

I'm not sure what kind of shape you're in, but get into elite shape (top 5% of the male population)... this really shouldn't be that hard in the US where most of the population is fat and outta shape. Getting into shape like this, being strong and explosive and having a great career will intrinsically help you to become more confident. Your post screams of insecurity and lack of confidence. This is likely why she disrespected you so much through out the course of your relationship. In my experience hot girls are very attracted to hypermasculine men.

Remember man, MAKE HER SORRY SHE EVER TREATED YOU LIKE THAT... Having other girls drooling over your body and looks, having a model on your arm and having a great career are sure fire ways to do this. Work on your confidence and masculinity and get into elite shape.

At this point the easiest way to forget about her is gonna be to go out and bang a bunch of whoores. Get back on your feet, improve yourself and get back in the game. You're still VERY young at 23, and have your whole life ahead of you. Go out and live it, and forget about this dumb kunt of a girl that phucked you over like that.
amazing post my friend, im not even in a situation like this but i still was able to grasp knowledge of where my head should be at right now.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel you man. I'm chinese and have really only dated korean girls.

The first time i met my LTR korean ex's parents, they put on this whole nice facade smiling n sh1t. turns out they thought i would be a phase and she would eventually leave me for a korean.

We broke up atleast 100 times. She also just lied to her mom and told her we were broken up.

Eventually she got so pissed and stood up to her mom and said she's still dating me and is going to still date me. I was surprised.

I never let that thinking of Koreans being more suitability/better than chinese get to me. I graduated school before both of them and i'm younger than both of them. I got a job before they did. They are still job searching at 25 and 28. I lived up to all my promises.

Man i was so broke even when i was working i didn't have money. I used to bring back food from the restaurant i worked at for my ex. I would tell her i got so hungry i ate mine first when in fact i could only scrounge up the ability to bring back one meal. I learned that bringing your problems to the table only brings worry. Deal with all your problems yourself.

--

Just to let you know, respect is NOT GIVEN. It is earned. You're finance degree does not earn you respect. Does your finance degree support their daughter?

You need a job, you need to develop a backbone and not let her daughter own you in the face. Trust me, my relationship flipped flopped day by day inbetween AFC and *******/dj until afc eventually took over.

man i cried too n other pvssy sh1t. Never again. You are supposed to be a man, not her sister. What kind of pillar of support cries and shows weakness? If you got to vent, find a way to do it privately.

Show through actions not through words.
--

The end of your relationship is the same as most people's. Well at least mine. When i broke up with my ex she sent me the same exact message. wish you the best in your life. I know we can never be together but blah blah blah.

Can you fix something that is broken?
Yes, but it will never be the same if you know what i mean.

I went no contact and it was the hardest thing for me at the time. I learned a lot from that time. I learned that i made my ex a part of me that was basically inseparable. A significant other is supposed to be an addition to your life, all the goods and very little bad.

When you start to realize your changing and its not for the good such as:

You're becoming dependent on someone besides yourself, you lose control of you emotions, etc.
--

What women tend to do to men is that they take away their masculinity. Especially Asian women, when they pamper the sh1t out of you and make you feel like a king.

Never let that happen.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, here is what you wrote back in 2008:

"I was talking to my dad today, and I broke down crying because I was so sad. And he taught me something that I WILL NEVER FORGET. He said, "Never love a woman, who's not going to love you back, that will just cause you to suffer." One more that I will always remember that he said too, "Don't contact her, don't see her, cut her off to let HER KNOW that you moved on, if you let her see that you are having a great time without her, she will be crawling back." And one more that opened my eyes REAL big, "Just move on, if you think about the longrun it will be even worse, you can't hold her hand forever along the way, be dominant and she will be aware that you are not the one to be f*cking around with."

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
OP believe me. One day you'll look back on this situation and thank GOD you never wound up with her and her parents. You would've had a miserable future.

You never know what better person is out there for you if you stay with a person and their family who treat you like that.

Once that new person comes along treat her the way you treated this one. Only better. There's no shame in caring for someone. At least you have character.

The hardest thing for you that you must do is go, and stay NO contact. Shut her off completely. Whether she comes back or not. No calls, no emails, no texts. Nothing. And focus on you first. Then look for someone better than her that doesn't have the same red flags as your ex.

Good luck.