Breaking the Ice on the Train

Booomer

Reaction score
Hey there, I"m new here, I mean I been browsing for a while but this is my first time posting. Theres a lot of great tips here and i hope to continue learning more.

Something I wanted to ask is about the train situation. How should one go about approaching a girl at/in the train in 3 scenarios. On the platform waiting for the train/ both standing in the train or sitting next to one another. What would be some good ways to break the ice?

cheers

escaleraroyal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can try:

waiting for the train/ both standing: Hey, why is the train taking so long to arrive?
in the train: Is this train going to ....
sitting next to one another: Is this train going to ....

Booomer

Reaction score
^Cool ty... I might try those if I can't think of anything else. Any other suggestions?

2crudedudes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Read people's field reports. They give you a breakdown, word for word, how their approaches go. They tell you everything, successes, failures, moderate successes, etc.

Approaching at a train station should be really no different than approaching anywhere else. The basics are the same: make observations of your surroundings and establish conversation based on that.

edit: in addition to field reports, look at threads labeled "boot camp" as well. These 2 types of threads give you a LOT of ideas on how to break the ice, any where, any time.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Booomer said:
^Cool ty... I might try those if I can't think of anything else. Any other suggestions?
Just normal stupid small talk I guess.

I recommend using situational openers based on your surroundings. Like someone said earlier, ask what time the train is coming. Or just say it in a way that she can relate to: "Is this train always late or am I crazy?" That's when she responds. "Yeah I know." Then you talk about where you're heading, and ask where she's going....blah blah.

Just this morning on the elevator, I'm there with some cute girl. A UPS guy gets on, asks her to take a package up for him, and walks off. I'm thinking, okay here's an opening. So I say, "Wow. I guess you're a delivery girl now."

It's just dumb stuff like that. Take any opening that your environment gives you and use it to your advantage. Rain. Late trains. People dropping stuff. Coffee...("I need a coffee BAD...where did you get that?"). Use anything and everything.

LegendaryGame

Don Juan
Reaction score
a rule of thumb for train "game" is to always calibrate your game relative to the drop off point. You're game cant be too heavy and deep then you close but the ride has a lot longer to go. Awkward. Or better yet you get rejected but cant leave since your stop isn't coming up. Learn her stop early and then calibrate your gaming knowing how much more you have before you can close. don't wait till her stop comes to ask for the digits. There isnt enough time, because once the doors open its only less than 10 seconds before it shuts. the optimal ask time is when the stop previous to her stop's doors have closed and train is moving. That time slot will allow for the smoothest possible window.

Other than that, a simple "light hearted conversation is fine" the train is a time constrained ride but plenty to run game.

Ice882

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Hi I'm Ice I'd like to plow you"

Booomer

Reaction score
thanks for reminding me, I gotta use the situational method. I guess it just hard to approach/open on a train because people 2 feet away are doing nothing and staring and listening in. Gotta overcome that somehow though..

iliketennis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LegendaryGame said:
a rule of thumb for train "game" is to always calibrate your game relative to the drop off point. You're game cant be too heavy and deep then you close but the ride has a lot longer to go. Awkward. Or better yet you get rejected but cant leave since your stop isn't coming up. Learn her stop early and then calibrate your gaming knowing how much more you have before you can close. don't wait till her stop comes to ask for the digits. There isnt enough time, because once the doors open its only less than 10 seconds before it shuts. the optimal ask time is when the stop previous to her stop's doors have closed and train is moving. That time slot will allow for the smoothest possible window.

Other than that, a simple "light hearted conversation is fine" the train is a time constrained ride but plenty to run game.
great advice

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can ask them about something they are wearing. Is that their uniform? Are they going to work? Where do they work? Hey, that's a nice dress. Cool shoes. What are you reading? Nice bag. Ect, ect.

The responding tone is crucial here. Are they friendly? Or dismissive?

One of the best indicators though, is eye contact. Make eye contact. If they avoid eye contact, then you may not want to initiate any openers.