Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Breaking the **** da Vinci code

paraguayandj

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Could anybody solve the da Vinci Code?
I bought the book and been reading it, and then i went to the site and tried to break some of the codes that they give you, but then I got stuck and couldn't keep going. I was just wondering, does anybody really understand what the hell this is all about.
For real man Im confused as hell:confused:

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
da vinci was a part of a secret society called Priory of Sion.
it is said that jesus actually married mary magdelion and they begot a child who was a daughter.
for centuries this has all been hiden so no one would harm the decendants of jesus.

i have read alot about it. look it up on a search engine using mary magdelion. you can also see them talk about her being the disciple he loved the most.

it is said that in da vincis painting of the last supper if you look to the left the man in green next to jesus is actually mary.

who the heck really knows?

and would this change your faith?

it does not matter to me if jesus had a wife or not. he was still jesus and i still feel the same about him and i am still christian.

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like a fable, I don't see any biblicalevidence that mary magdalene was a prostitute let alone married to Jesus. Although seeing her as a prostitute is more likly but that's reading into things and making assumptions based on when Jesus saved the woman from being stoned by writting the sins of the men in the sand, who were guilty of the same exact thing.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting. I have the DaVinci Code sitting to be read in the event I ever have the actual free time to read it.

Sometimes I dont know where my time goes, because I rarely watch TV. I guess the internet, working out, work, school and partying took up all the extra time.

ShortTimer

Banned
Reaction score
In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of l
Mary Magdaline had Jesus's baby and their blood line contineues to this day, she (the decendant) is one of the main characters in the book.

The writitng is 2nd rate and the idea has been the subject of various conspiracy theory books over the years.

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by paraguayandj
Could anybody solve the da Vinci Code?
I bought the book and been reading it, and then i went to the site and tried to break some of the codes that they give you, but then I got stuck and couldn't keep going. I was just wondering, does anybody really understand what the hell this is all about.
For real man Im confused as hell:confused:

It seems like they tried the same code method using Herman Melville's "Moby ****" and got some pretty startling results.

If you ask me, its just a bunch of self-fulfilling prophecies.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a book out now that explores the myths in the Da Vinci Code. You can find it at Borders.

Mr. Debonaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
for sure read that book. its really deep but you learn alot from it. the biggest part of that for me was da vinci's view on the sacred feminine with regards to the mona lisa. breathtaking stuff, makes me want to read **** :rolleyes:

Mr. Debonaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i changed my mind up till i read the book i had never heard of the divine proportion, PHI, but its insane to think that this ratio applys to so many things in nature

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i finished to read this book this afternoon, while on the bus (coming back after great sex:D) and i have to say that it's wonderful and, although i have never read much so far, i will start right today his second book. as i finish it, i will read lots of literature

never thought literature is so interesting!

by the way, can you tell me other interesting books with this style (an interesting story, but, most important, a lot of culture about several things)?

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Porky
There's a book out now that explores the myths in the Da Vinci Code. You can find it at Borders.
Actually, there are tons of books discussing the novel. Several universities actually have new courses they've added that deal with some of the issues. For verification, pick up last month's edition of US News & World Report.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/store/products/prod_davinci.htm

On a side note, my copy of "Angels and Demons", the prequel to "The Da Vinci Code", is now hanging out with some guy in Bonn, Germany. Check out where it's been by clicking here:

http://bookcrossing.com/journal/2379777

blackbirdbeatle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Can't stand Dan Brown's books. I read some of his earlier ones and his writing style and how he designs plots are so horrible that I vowed to never read the DaVinci Code. If you want a great read that will challenge you on the same subject, except a whole lot better, try Foucaults Pendulum. I gave Dan Brown a chance before the hype of this book and he failed me.

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whats all the hype about?

The book is FICTION and everything that originates from it is also, stop treating it like reality.

Anyway, like that other guy said, theres tons of better writers out there.

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw a 2-hour special on the History Channel about The Da Vinci Code. I thought it was pretty interesting.

A lot of the theories were pretty intriguing, but the experts they interviewed basically proved that the book was a work of fiction and that the theories are speculation at best.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally thought Angels & Demons was a much better Dan Brown book, but it doesn't get enough publicity because it isn't as controversial.

I like his writting style, but Da Vinci Code itself was a weak read, it was his research and writting that made the story readable. IMO, You're better off reading Heavy Duty by Mike Mentzer, Da Vinci wont make your quads thicker.

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It is believed that Leonardo Da Vinci used a sniper "rifle" of his own design to defend Florence against beseiging soldiers of the Holy Roman Empire.