Breaking contacting protocol with a high interest chick

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Would you ever break "contacting protocol" with a high interest chick?

The reason I ask is that I have this chicks email and AIM, but I didn't obtain it by her giving it to me.

I won't go through the whole story, but this is the chick who my friend c0ckblocked me with. Both of them came to a party I had a couple of weekends ago, and I was getting the fukk me signals from the friend the whole night. I had planned on getting her # if I saw her that night, but I was entertaining a whole group of people, and by the end of the night my friend had once again prevented anything from happening, and I didn't manage to get the #.

Now I have no idea when the next time I will see this chick. And it seems that every time I do see her, I get blown out of the water by my lady friend.

I know that her interest is going up every time my friend jumps in and pulls her away. But I don't know if/when I will end up getting another shot. Chances are I will end up seeing her soon, but who knows??

Normally I wouldn't consider doing something like this, but it so happens that my friend sends me emails all the time that she also copies to this chick, and her email address is basically her name, so I can easily see exactly who it is.

So, in this type of situation would you break protocol and use the email/AIM to contact a chick who you KNOW has high interest?

Or should I chance it that I will have another opportunity despite the fact that our mutual friend is trying to prevent it from happening?

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I've done it before, and it was fine. The girl turned out to be a little strange, though, so I'm not sure about the average person.

Just write and say "Hey Jenn is that you? It's str8up" and then, I dunno, talk about the e-mail you guys just got. If she writes back, then ask for the # that second time. It seems like you have far a better chance of getting the # if you get her mailing you 1st, and don't ask for it right away.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Phyzzle said:
Just write and say "Hey Jenn is that you? It's str8up" and then, I dunno, talk about the e-mail you guys just got. If she writes back, then ask for the # that second time. It seems like you have far a better chance of getting the # if you get her mailing you 1st, and don't ask for it right away.
I'm not worried about her giving me her #. The night of the party she was asking me to go to a club afterwards, and when I said "maybe" she said "well I'm going where you're going". Then at the end of the night when our friend was leaving and she was staying, our friend pretty much made her leave.

But I see where you are going with this. Still apprehensive about contacting a chick this way even though I know she likes me and will react positively. I dunno....anyone else been in this situation?

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Your female friend has feelings for you...otherwise she wouldn't interfere in the manner she is. Thought I'd mention this just in case you hadn't caught on...

Sinistar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're a MAN, not a perv and you're interested so friggin' go for it and try move quickly for the digits and a reunion in person.

I sense the bigger issue will be whether you c0ckbl0ck yourself yet again by allowing that other chick (ie "friend") to be in your vicinity when you've got MANLY sh!t to do (as in closing with a real HB who is nowhere near the friend zone).

Sinistar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
Your female friend has feelings for you...otherwise she wouldn't interfere in the manner she is. Thought I'd mention this just in case you hadn't caught on...
...all the more reason for him to date and seduce the *friend's* friend then eh. Either the *friend* is interested and this will motivate her to make a real move or she'll back off because she's not capable of going any further. In either case, STR8UP is a MAN and he'd be wasting a lot of time and energy if he were naive enough to keep c0ckbl0cking himself by hanging around a *friend* who continues to interfere with his interests.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally don't do it. For example, when a woman calls me and her number displays on the caller ID I don't use the number. Even when she tells me to call her I still ask for her number. Some ask whether I have caller ID and when I tell them that I do they ask why wouldn't I just call. I tell them that if she wanted me to call she would have given me her number. Call it C/F, call it qualifying, call it whatever you'd like but it does leave an impression with her as to me not doing what every other guy usually does.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Sinistar said:
...all the more reason for him to date and seduce the *friend's* friend then eh. Either the *friend* is interested and this will motivate her to make a real move or she'll back off because she's not capable of going any further. In either case, STR8UP is a MAN and he'd be wasting a lot of time and energy if he were naive enough to keep c0ckbl0cking himself by hanging around a *friend* who continues to interfere with his interests.
It's the man's job to make the first move and it's the woman's job to send him signals that she wants him to make that move. The female friend is sending the signals...and either he isn't interested in her and is doing to her the very thing that most guys on here talk about when they fall for a female friend or he's just oblivious to her signals. Either way...he needs to handle the situation with care if he values the friend.

Sir Drinksalot

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would jettison the friend if she's c-ckblcoking. If that's why she's friends with him, she's going to keep doing it. Since his IL ain't there, it's not worth keeping around for no reason.

Ditch her now before you get a relationship you value that she can damage.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Sir Drinksalot said:
I would jettison the friend if she's c-ckblcoking. If that's why she's friends with him, she's going to keep doing it. Since his IL ain't there, it's not worth keeping around for no reason.

Ditch her now before you get a relationship you value that she can damage.
His problem is that this woman he is interested in is the friend of his female friend, who appears to have feelings for him. If I'm correct and his female friend is interested in him and he continues to pursue HER friend it's going to get mighty ugly. Depending on how good of friends the women are, he's going to put himself right in the middle of their friendship AND risk his own friendship with the woman...and he really should be sure he is willing to deal with any fallout that might ensue if he continues his pursuit. Bottom line, I don't see this scenario playing out with any kind of positive end for him. I also highly doubt that the woman he's pursuing is worth the aggravation, especially if she came across like she would have sex with him without him even knowing her email address or phone number...she sounds kinda easy. I just think he should put more thought into the aggravation and drama it could bring upon him.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
It's easy to make that assumption but I'm not completely convinced it's true.

I've posted about this one before. She's the older one (36 or 37) that I have known for about 8 years. She's the one who I wrote off my list long ago as an attention wh0re.

I half assed tried to hook up with her when we first met, she was always lukewarm and wishy washy so I wrote it off.

Nowadays it's a little different....we sort of reconnected over the past two years and we flirt like crazy, but I know signs of interest and there aren't any. Other than her getting jealous over other girls getting my attention, that is. So I don't think it has to do with her wanting me nearly as much as her wanting my attention.

Regardless....I'm not interested in a relationship with her. If she wanted something with me she pretty much blew it 8 years ago.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sinistar said:
You're a MAN, not a perv and you're interested so friggin' go for it and try move quickly for the digits and a reunion in person.
Heh......my D.J. training keeps telling me "NO, NO!" so I'm pretty apprehensive even though I doubt I would get any points against me for doing it.

I sense the bigger issue will be whether you c0ckbl0ck yourself yet again by allowing that other chick (ie "friend") to be in your vicinity when you've got MANLY sh!t to do (as in closing with a real HB who is nowhere near the friend zone).
I consider her to be a pretty good friend and I hang out with her a few times a month so it could happen again, although if it weren't her best friend I doubt she would go this far to c0ckblock. Never would have met this other chick if it wasn't for her anyway. Gotta take some of the bad with the good when dealing with women.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Call it C/F, call it qualifying, call it whatever you'd like but it does leave an impression with her as to me not doing what every other guy usually does.
Yea, thats the issue here. I do think that this chick has a high enough interest that it really wouldn't make a difference, but I'm always on the cautious side and you never know when it comes to women.

I'm thinking I will give it another week or two and if I can't manage to see her to get the digits by then I might take a chance.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
The female friend is sending the signals...and either he isn't interested in her and is doing to her the very thing that most guys on here talk about when they fall for a female friend or he's just oblivious to her signals. Either way...he needs to handle the situation with care if he values the friend.
I don't see this being an issue. If she IS interested, TRUST ME, it isn't to the point that she's gonna stop hanging out with me if I bang her friend.

Similar situation happened awhile back. A chick I was messing around with introduced me to her friend who ended up liking me.

Ill never forget the night that I hooked up with her friend. I was headed for the jacuzzi at 2am with her friend (for the record I did invite her as well) and the last thing I remember was her giving me the finger as she headed for the door. At the time I thought she would never speak to me again, but she got over it quickly and we still hang out all the time.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
Depending on how good of friends the women are, he's going to put himself right in the middle of their friendship AND risk his own friendship with the woman...and he really should be sure he is willing to deal with any fallout that might ensue if he continues his pursuit.
Like I said, I'm really not worried about my friendship with her judging by the way her and I are together. Now as for those two....they are best friends so who knows, but I have a feeling it really isn't that big of an issue. As soon as she gets over not having the spotlight from me I think things will be different.

I also highly doubt that the woman he's pursuing is worth the aggravation, especially if she came across like she would have sex with him without him even knowing her email address or phone number...she sounds kinda easy. I just think he should put more thought into the aggravation and drama it could bring upon him.
When I said something about her giving me the fuk me vibe I wasn't referring to her overtly making sexual advances. I only said that based upon her comments and her body language. Besides, I'm not expecting a wife out of the deal!

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At the risk of being chastised I suppose I should also mention something else about this situation.

Since the new chick started to show interest in me, I have since slept with my friend for the first time (in her bed but completely innocently I assure you) after her insisting I not drive home.

I also made out with her at my last party. I was pretty damn drunk so I barely remember it happening and I doubt I would have allowed it to happen if I were sober, seeing that I am trying to hook up with her friend.

I know, I know, no speeches please.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
No tell us, what do you think?
I think I need to lay off the vodka!

If I hadn't been drinking I wouldn't have been doing what I did and I WOULD have been getting the number like I should have. I don't even remember how it went down, but from what someone told me I was sitting on the arm of the couch and she was standing in front of me, so I doubt I initiated it.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
I think I need to lay off the vodka!

If I hadn't been drinking I wouldn't have been doing what I did and I WOULD have been getting the number like I should have. I don't even remember how it went down, but from what someone told me I was sitting on the arm of the couch and she was standing in front of me, so I doubt I initiated it.
Alright, live and learn.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Just because you aren't picking up on signals it doesn't mean she's not sending them. I think she's got the hots for you and actually genuinely likes you too. She might be holding back with more overt signals because she's afraid of rejection and screwing up the friendship. Women also fall for their friends sometimes, ya know...and they can hide it just as well as guys do.