Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

brand name clothing matters?

windwork

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey

is it a better idea to buy about 3 jeans from regular makers or buy 1 jean that is made by a good brand name company?

i can buy like 3-4 jeans of regular
or
1 jean brand name
for the same price

so which is a better thing to do?

does brand name even matter?

Mikelo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Man **** the brand name. Buy clothes that you are comfortable in! I'd definitely buy the 3-4 regular ones.

BTW, people might think ur 'dirty' if u wear same jeans each day. So having 3 or 4 to alternate makes you the more 'clean' seeming :)

Buy what feels best on your body!

Peace.

VampireKiller

Don Juan
Reaction score
just keep this in mind, people will judge you solely upon what brands you wear, and nothing else.

blinkin_winkin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PiHiPlaya
The Answer is simple

Buy 2 Pairs of nice and 2 pairs of crap!
Bingo.

I personally enjoy the Wranglers I have. They are uber cheap and all I have to do is drive down to Walmart. The closest outlet or mall with good jeans is about an hour and a half away so it's tough to buy brand names. When I get to the mall or outlet all I can choose is JCP Penny. So yeah...

I don't feel right paying more than $50 for a piece of clothing. Just me though.

MongooseDog

Don Juan
Reaction score
Heck yeah! Wal-Mart clothes rock!! I only have 4 pieces of name brand clothing (that I can remember)! I get what I like and what feels good. But then again, nobody around my area really judges on brand. If you wear Abercrombie stuff and look like crap...You still look like crap! If you have cheap Wal-Mart stuff but you're lookin good in it, then they see that you look good in what you wear! Simple as that!~Craig~

Vercetti

Don Juan
Reaction score
why do you even care? a true Dj or confindent person wouldn't give a rat's ass about fecal matter like this.

get a life and get comfortable.

Canadianpimpology

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wear brand names mostly...not because I care what people think, it's because I like looking sharp...and usually brand named clothes make me looking the best. For example, my friend wears a lot of Fat Albert even though he's not black. He just wears it because it looks good. If you don't mind the price (and don't always shop at department stores, they can be pretty pricey), I say brand named clothes are the way to go. It's not necessary to be a DJ though.

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Canadianpimpology
I wear brand names mostly...not because I care what people think, it's because I like looking sharp...and usually brand named clothes make me looking the best. For example, my friend wears a lot of Fat Albert even though he's not black. He just wears it because it looks good. If you don't mind the price (and don't always shop at department stores, they can be pretty pricey), I say brand named clothes are the way to go. It's not necessary to be a DJ though.
i might have to disagree about fat albert looking good, but thats for another post lol.

dont be a walking commercial, but as long as the name on the clothing doesnt matter to you(truthfully), then it really doesnt matter what you buy. just buy what you like.

keep that commercial thing in mind tho bro. I mean who would want to be a walking commercial and one you pay for!

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say keep brand names for "special" occasions, like big outings, dates, clubbing, etc. That's what I do. To school I just wear regular non-brand name jeans that still look good.

It doesn't have to be expensive, but it has to look good. What you could also do, is shop around like women and when you see a discount, strike. Just don't go shopping with a female...

The sad thing is that we can't really ask women where to buy clothes since they buy women's clothes! (Wow, I know that was a smart remark, but it just hit me, and it pisses me off)

The Bishop

Don Juan
Reaction score
30 dollar levis do the trick for me

and old navy jeans, when they are on sale :)

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Brand doesnt always matter. ITS HOW YOU SPORT IT THAT MATTERS.

You can put someone in a 2000 dollar suit, but if they cant sport it right then its worthless.

I mean, its not like a girl is going to diss your jeans. If you look good in them then thats all that matters. However, i work with clothes all the time and i can tell you good jeans for like 50-60 bucks will get you farther then some wrangler sh1t.

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For me, I wear slightly more expensive brand names than the ones you find at WAL-MART, TARGET, OLD NAVY, etc.

Why? because i find they last better and feel better... Better materials, they fade less quickly, they keep their shape longer, they fit better, made better, they just don't fall apart as quick

Now, if there was a no-name brand that felt as good as 'brand' name jeans lets say, and that they last as long, and they look as good after a dozen washes, I'd totally give them a try. But the thing is, MOST of the lower-end ones ARE NOT that good.

I'd rather spend a bit more and get brand name stuff that I know is reliable, than spending less, but buying more crap until I find a pair thats great... but the odds are the next pair Ibuy from the same company, the same model, is gonna fit differerently, coz they're just not made as good.

Anyways, brand names dont have to be expensive. For me, I just bought two pairs of jeans from TOMMY HILFIGER for $35 CAD, regular price $95!!

Just be patient check out the mall more often to look for sales, you WILL get luckly and find something GREAT for a cheap price.

hb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From my personal experience, jeans dont really matter, aslong as theyre nice, noone can really tell what they are unless u show the labels, which mine is usually covered by my shirt.
Shirts and sneaks really matter though.

Escalade

Don Juan
Reaction score
Like someone else said, as long as the logo isn't everywhere then it doesn't matter because nobody pays attention to what brand jeans you wear, just if they look good or not.

Same thing goes for shirts, as long as you don't have a big logo anywhere nobody will notice what brand your wearing and will only care if it looks good. The problem is you might have a nice shirt and have the name of the company who sells at K-Mart or something, and people will look at that and be like eww. Most kids our age are shallow like that.

Reaction score
Its a trait inherited from my father that I have to buy brand name clothes, or at least nice casual and somewhat sexy clothes, because he did that. My dad was the ultimate DJ.

windwork

Don Juan
Reaction score
very nice posts

especially about the walking commercial

and just whatever feels good and LOOKS good

and i also liked the $2000 analogy, and how the person sports it, is what really matters

all the other posts were helpful and contained a lesson of value.

thanks to all who posted and helped me out.

i feel great now.
thanks.

Ragnar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don't you just buy what YOU want and forget about everyone else.

Eventide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A buddy of mine rarely shaves, never combs his hair, or any of that stuff for school. He usually comes to school wearing pajamas and ****.

He gets more ass than anyone I know. Why? Because he's super confident. Sometimes when he goes clubbing he gets dressed up, but thats about it.

And if you're looking for cheap ****, check out salvation army or goodwill. I got most of my summer shorts there. Well, they were cargo khaki pants when I bought them. Cut them off and leave it for the grungy look (I cut the pocket cover things a bit toof or this) , or hem them.

I also got this badass grey and blue USA shirt for 99 cents at Salvation Army. Fits great and looks awesome with a blue shirt underneath and the blue shirt's sleeves rolled over the grey shirt a little.