Braces

Hobbs

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to this form, definitely not new to pick-up, but I am glad to find a atmosphere to exchange ideas/advice!

Anyways, topic of this post is Braces.
Have any of you/do any of you have them?

I've just been told that I will need to get them, which I'm seriously bummed out on and worrying how it will affect my game.
I am a fairly good looking guy, I have a lean build, I'm happy with my track record and I don't usually have trouble with getting girls. However my teeth are slightly crooked, which I consider my biggest downfall about my appearance.

Luckily I don't have horribly crooked teeth and they will only need to be in my mouth for 9 - 12 months, Still a REALLY long time in my opinion.

I have found girls who have braces, some of them cute, not sure what girls outlook on guys are, especially at my age.

Another downfall, and big question.
I have been accepted to a university in Toronto, i'm only going to be down there for 8 months, it's a advanced high pace class that would normally take 2 years to do down here. Which means heavy course load.

Would you guys recommend getting braces after I get back and go to Toronto as is, or should I go there with braces etc..
I'm worried about it being harder to meet new people with that on my psyche or the idea of not knowing anyone.

On the other hand, maybe it's smarter to go there with braces, i'll have a course load so heavy I might not have as much social time as I do here, and i'd return with a great smile.

Opinions? Experience in this anyone? :rock:

jay_mo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fixing your teeth will help you in the future so you should do it. If you have some money, there are other faster but more expensive alternatives. I think there are also "invisible" braces. Check out your options.

If braces is the only way, get it done. Try to act cool with it - don't go act like you are a freak. Act like "I know I have braces but I don't give a **** what you think about it".

JYW

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had braces for 3 years. They came off during my first year of undergrad. I don't regret it at all. I went to the University of Toronto and got myself a girlfriend while having braces as a freshman.

Hobbs

Don Juan
Reaction score
real2 said:
Hey Hobbs!

Braces will help you in the long run. I actually continued to journal my approaches while I was still in braces :yes:

Yes, there is a self-esteem hit, and yes, some girls will not be interested in the time being, but you will still be able to get some poon, just gotta work a bit harder at it!

I had braces for almost 3 years while still trying to get poon. In that time, I actually concentrated more on success-oriented activities, as opposed to getting it in... so choose your concentration of energy wisely :yes:

Thanks for the solid advice guys.
Wow, 3 years. I can't even imagine how long that must have felt. I guess I should be glad that it's only 9 - 12 months.
I am fairly success orientated as it is i'm quite tenacious with my hobbies but I could see how braces could make that even more so, that's a really good point!
I just haven't really thought about it before but do you guys think girls see braces as a big set back? Would Braces be the equivalent of having really horrible acne or what do you think the flaw level of braces are?

So would you guys say it's better to get them in a new city where I know no one, but my old friends at home and the girls here don't see me with them, or would it be best to get them while i'm there and just meet everyone with braces.
I'm still concerned it might f*** with my psyche when meeting new people, depends how obnoxious they look I guess haha.

luckster

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hobbs said:
Thanks for the solid advice guys.
Wow, 3 years. I can't even imagine how long that must have felt. I guess I should be glad that it's only 9 - 12 months.
I am fairly success orientated as it is i'm quite tenacious with my hobbies but I could see how braces could make that even more so, that's a really good point!
I just haven't really thought about it before but do you guys think girls see braces as a big set back? Would Braces be the equivalent of having really horrible acne or what do you think the flaw level of braces are?

So would you guys say it's better to get them in a new city where I know no one, but my old friends at home and the girls here don't see me with them, or would it be best to get them while i'm there and just meet everyone with braces.
I'm still concerned it might f*** with my psyche when meeting new people, depends how obnoxious they look I guess haha.
Get your braces when you want them... it will only affect you if you let it. Kill that voice in your head that whispers "Are they looking at my braces? Oh my god, I can't let them see it." The best thing you can do for yourself is to stop looking at it as something to be ashamed of.

Mass

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop complaining. I had braces for 3 years as well..
You make them what they are. If you decide to believe they're ugly then you'll let people judge them as that. In the long run, you'll be proud you had them. Everyone compliments me on my white straight teeth.

I"ll give you an example. When i dislocated my shoulder, the doctor said my hand would be immobilized for life due to damaged nerves (thankfully i healed). WHen people are told that, usually they panic and get upset. I smiled, was appreciative of what was not damaged and told him ok cool thanks. My days carried on normally. My hand was retarded looking (last two fingers closed, the rest would close half way and ihad no control).
Another example is my friend was amputed in a bike accident. He walks around freely and proud with his artificial leg and still manages to **** hot girls. If you come off confident about it, it can be an attraction.

All u gotta do is carry that "so what, i got braces?" and be proud of them.

Hobbs

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mass said:
Stop complaining. I had braces for 3 years as well..
You make them what they are. If you decide to believe they're ugly then you'll let people judge them as that. In the long run, you'll be proud you had them. Everyone compliments me on my white straight teeth.

I"ll give you an example. When i dislocated my shoulder, the doctor said my hand would be immobilized for life due to damaged nerves (thankfully i healed). WHen people are told that, usually they panic and get upset. I smiled, was appreciative of what was not damaged and told him ok cool thanks. My days carried on normally. My hand was retarded looking (last two fingers closed, the rest would close half way and ihad no control).
Another example is my friend was amputed in a bike accident. He walks around freely and proud with his artificial leg and still manages to **** hot girls. If you come off confident about it, it can be an attraction.

All u gotta do is carry that "so what, i got braces?" and be proud of them.
Thanks man, Solid.

MurdocIsGod

Don Juan
Reaction score
Skim read it, but I used to have braces... I don't really feel as though it made any difference. Not sure. But believe me what you want to be more worried about is the pain of it when you first get them on. It makes eating into some kind of SAW trap for a week. Also expect to have them on for more than 9-12 months, they said the same to me and I had them on for about 18 months? But don't worry you'll be fine... A really hot girl even complimented me saying having braces suited me. Don't think I even really noticed I had them so yeah...