Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

BRACE YOURSELF - invasion on November, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

7onriverI f

Banned
Reaction score
Some people in church remind me of Cornelius in the bible who feared God but was unsaved until he met Peter and heard the gospel. Some in church are probably saved as well. You can't be saved because you forsake a sinful lifestyle. Your saved because of what Jesus Christ did for you on the cross dying for your sins. We are not saved by trying we are saved by trusting. Cornelius was trying until he got saved and started trusting. The thief next to Jesus on the cross was trusting. Lot was trusting. David was trusting.

7onriverI f

Banned
Reaction score
and Uriah was trusting...
Yes. And David was ensnared by the devil and due to lust slept in adultery with Bathsheba then having fear of facing Uriah, David deliberately sent Uriah into the most dangerous place in the battle where men were guaranteed to be killed. Uriah was killed. 2nd Samuel 11:17. Lust tempted king David to commit adultery, and then fear tempted David to commit murder and he committed both. People then threw rocks at David in disgust of his sin. People lost respect for him even his own children and he was driven from his own kingdom by his son Absalom.

Last edited:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people in church remind me of Cornelius in the bible who feared God but was unsaved until he met Peter and heard the gospel. Some in church are probably saved as well. You can't be saved because you forsake a sinful lifestyle. Your saved because of what Jesus Christ did for you on the cross dying for your sins. We are not saved by trying we are saved by trusting. Cornelius was trying until he got saved and started trusting. The thief next to Jesus on the cross was trusting. Lot was trusting. David was trusting.
What you are talking about sounds like Easy Believism and is not scriptural because of Matt 7:23 and Gal 5:19-21 refute this. I've seen some of the other posts you've made and I'd caution you to read Gal 5:19-21 very carefully, and also Matt 5:28. I struggle with these issues in my faith-walk as well, so do many others (ie "lusting").

Cornelius - Acts 10:31 - His Alms (good deeds towards the poor), and prayers have been heard -- this is before he was saved. It may not have affected his direct salvation, but it was part of the journey leading to his salvation (ie Peter ministering to him). To the extent his Alms and prayers influenced God to send Peter his way to minister to him leading him to salvation, would be the extent that would be relevant enough to be mentioned in scripture. At least the idea here is that good people do not go to hell because God will notice them and send someone their way to minister salvation to them, and they will be saved. However, insincere people who say a sinner's prayer, or are looking for fire-insurance but want to live as they please and have one foot in the church and one foot in the world, have to beware. God looks at the heart. An example of an insincere conversion would be Simon the Sorcerer in Acts 8:17-24.

Last edited:

7onriverI f

Banned
Reaction score
What you are talking about sounds like Easy Believism and is not scriptural because of Matt 7:23 and Gal 5:19-21 refute this. I've seen some of the other posts you've made and I'd caution you to read Gal 5:19-21 very carefully, and also Matt 5:28. I struggle with these issues in my faith-walk as well, so do many others (ie "lusting").

Cornelius - Acts 10:31 - His Alms (good deeds towards the poor), and prayers have been heard -- this is before he was saved. It may not have affected his direct salvation, but it was part of the journey leading to his salvation (ie Peter ministering to him). To the extent his Alms and prayers influenced God to send Peter his way to minister to him leading him to salvation, would be the extent that would be relevant enough to be mentioned in scripture. At least the idea here is that good people do not go to hell because God will notice them and send someone their way to minister salvation to them, and they will be saved. However, insincere people who say a sinner's prayer, or are looking for fire-insurance but want to live as they please and have one foot in the church and one foot in the world, have to beware. God looks at the heart. An example of an insincere conversion would be Simon the Sorcerer in Acts 8:17-24.
You must include verse 21 in Matthew 7

“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

What is “the will of the Father”? The answer is found in John 6:40..

“And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”

The group in Matthew 7:21-23 were unsaved because they refused to do God's will concerning salvation. It wasn't because they still had personal sins in their life. Every believer still has sin in their life! We all sin every day. That's not to say that we have God's approval to sin, God forbid (Romans 3:31). It just means that even the best of Christians are still sinners.

If you think that forsaking sins was necessary for you to be saved, then you have religion, but you have never been born again!

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You must include verse 21 in Matthew 7

“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

What is “the will of the Father”? The answer is found in John 6:40..

“And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”

The group in Matthew 7:21-23 were unsaved because they refused to do God's will concerning salvation. It wasn't because they still had personal sins in their life. Every believer still has sin in their life! We all sin every day. That's not to say that we have God's approval to sin, God forbid (Romans 3:31). It just means that even the best of Christians are still sinners.

If you think that forsaking sins was necessary for you to be saved, then you have religion, but you have never been born again!
If you read on in Matthew 7:23 it says "...depart from Me, ye that work iniquity."

2 Tim 2:19 "Nevertheless, the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knows them that are his. Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity".

It also says in Eph 5:3 "But fornication, and all uncleanliness, or coveteousness, let it not be named ONCE among you as becometh saints;"
Eph 5:3 is more strongly worded compared to Gal 5:19-21 because here it's not even talking about a lifestyle, but even a single act or doing it once AFTER becoming a Christian.

2 Cor 12:21 "And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanliness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed".

The Apostle Paul, the biggest grace teacher has a very strong words concerning fornication. He is saying this is not to be committed once a person becomes a Christian (Eph 5:3). He is saying that Christians should depart from iniquity if they are saying they are Christians (1 Tim 2;19), and he is also crying over people in the Corinthian church who have not repented from fornication. For the same author that says Eph 2:9 "By grace you are saved, it is a gift of God", to also write these as well, means the evidence that you are saved or have made a serious commitment that reflects a true convert is that you depart from sin.

Otherwise, ask yourself, why would Paul bewail the unrepentant fornicators in the Christian church? Would he not celebrate and say they are saved by grace? What happened to Eph 2:9 there?

7onriverI f

Banned
Reaction score
Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself,
and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders.” —Matthew 27:3

Judas repented. The Greek word for “repented” here is metamellomai and means “to care afterwards, that is, regret. Still Judas went to hell.

Repentance” unto salvation in Mark 1:15 is the Greek word metanoeo, which simply means “a change of mind.

Mark 1:15, KJV: "And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Want to live as they please and have one foot in the church and one foot in the world, have to beware.

There's judgement for believers as well not for our salvation but for our works. So yes you should beware. Just about every church teaches salvation + works in order to be saved. Mormons, Catholics, Pentecostals, Some baptists.

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be." -- Revelation 22:12

"Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love His appearing." -- 2nd Timothy 4:8.

"Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of GOD." -- I Corinthians 4:5
I'm not going to think I need to stop sinning so I can be saved which teachers like ray comfort paul washer john MacArthur and host of others outright say which is lordship salvation. I'm going to think to stop sinning because I am saved and it may prolong life and a host of other benefits. Pleasing God is one of them. Lordship salvation is putting the cart before the horse. Easy B is the other way around horse before the cart. With Gal 5:19-21 and a host of other verses you gotta ask the question who does that apply to? Jesus did come to save us from our sins remember. And according to Jesus, many harlots and publicans will be in Heaven! Salvation is based upon faith, not works.

Matthew 21:31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

A harlot is a hooker if you don't know what that is.

Carefully notice that "works" is not mentioned in Matthew 7 concerning a good tree or corrupt tree...

Matthew 7:16-20, "Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

The Bible teaches us to "try" (test) the spirits, to see whether or not they preach the truth of Jesus Christ correctly...

1st John 4:1-3, "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."

Book of Matthew portrays Jesus as a KING; Mark as a SERVANT, Luke as a MAN; and John portrays Jesus as the SON OF GOD. So the Gospel of John is the book we ought to focus on for the plan of salvation. According to John 20:31, the Gospel of John was written to convince us that Jesus is the Son of God, and that by believing we can be saved. The Gospel of John is God's Gospel tract! SO anything that we read elsewhere in the Bible MUST coincide with the Gospel of John. Thus, we know that "fruit" in Matthew 7:16 cannot refer to "good works," but to doctrine. The only way that we can determine if someone is saved or not is by the direct word from their mouth. We CANNOT judge any person by watching their works. Cornelius in Acts 10 was a devoutly religious man, who prayed, loved God, gave alms to the poor and fasted; but HE WAS STILL UNSAVED. Thankfully, Cornelius was saved later in the chapter.

Last edited:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nobody says you have to be perfect at the time of conversion. However, after a true conversion, there will be an evidence that something has taken place to a point that your friends or other people should see a change in you. If there is no before or after then how would you know that salvation occurred and you are not deceived?

7onriverI f

Banned
Reaction score
Nobody says you have to be perfect at the time of conversion. However, after a true conversion, there will be an evidence that something has taken place to a point that your friends or other people should see a change in you. If there is no before or after then how would you know that salvation occurred and you are not deceived?
You just have to tell them you believe in God and you believe he died on the cross for your sins and they will look at you differently just from a few sentences. If you do good things which most of it should be done in secret like giving to the poor they won't even know. If your seen not sinning of course they are going ask you why you don't swear or get drunk or whatever. Some might hear the gospel that way when they see you living differently and you explain it to them. Most won't. Some will hate you for it.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You just have to tell them you believe in God and you believe he died on the cross for your sins and they will look at you differently just from a few sentences. If you do good things which most of it should be done in secret like giving to the poor they won't even know. If your seen not sinning of course they are going ask you why you don't swear or get drunk or whatever. Some might hear the gospel that way when they see you living differently. Most won't. Some will hate you for it.
Yeah, I think some moderators here think this of me. So I must be doing something right.

7onriverI f

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I think some moderators here think this of me. So I must be doing something right.
Talking about sin is going to get a lot hate from groups who think your hating on them. Your basically telling them they are living in the wrong which they don't like. I appreciate when people say I'm living in the wrong according to what God judges what is wrong. If I get caught sinning and someone tells me your sinning mate then that leads to repentance caring after I did the sin. That's why there should be hard preaching in the church against sin. It might turn alot of people away but it has to be done. I admire the lordship salvation crowd who do preach hard against sin but they just add it as a requirement not to sin to be saved. Whether you add it or not, if you say something is a sin and someone is proud of that sin and think they are in the right if they do that sin it's going to cause people to hate you because of it.

Also people Just hate God because they have heard a few things of what God hates and they are doing what God hates which they think is the right thing to do.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Talking about sin is going to get a lot hate from groups who think your hating on them. Your basically telling them they are living in the wrong which they don't like. I appreciate when people say I'm living in the wrong according to what God judges what is wrong. If I get caught sinning and someone tells me your sinning mate then that leads to repentance caring after I did the sin. That's why there should be hard preaching in the church against sin. It might turn alot of people away but it has to be done. I admire the lordship salvation crowd who do preach hard against sin but they just add it as a requirement not to sin to be saved. Whether you add it or not, if you say something is a sin and someone is proud of that sin and think they are in the right if they do that sin it's going to cause people to hate you because of it.

Also people Just hate God because they have heard a few things of what God hates and they are doing what God hates which they think is the right thing to do.
I haven't talked much about sin beyond this thread. Other places I just point to the love of Jesus, but on other types of threads where people sound like they are empty or searching for something.

In fact, a Black street preacher in Toronto was arrested by White police officers because he went to the gay community and preached about how Jesus loved them and wants to forgive them. He didn't call down the wrath of God or fire and brimstone and yet people in that community attacked him, even physically assaulted him and nobody got in trouble for that. So, it's not even about talking about sin.

The talking about sin is more for lukewarm Christians who feel they have a license to sin because they said a Sunday school sinner's prayer when they were 8 years old but live like the devil the rest of their days and think they were saved. Surely you can appreciate there are limits.

7onriverI f

Banned
Reaction score
I haven't talked much about sin beyond this thread. Other places I just point to the love of Jesus, but on other types of threads where people sound like they are empty or searching for something.

In fact, a Black street preacher in Toronto was arrested by White police officers because he went to the gay community and preached about how Jesus loved them and wants to forgive them. He didn't call down the wrath of God or fire and brimstone and yet people in that community attacked him, even physically assaulted him and nobody got in trouble for that. So, it's not even about talking about sin.

The talking about sin is more for lukewarm Christians who feel they have a license to sin because they said a Sunday school sinner's prayer when they were 8 years old but live like the devil the rest of their days and think they were saved. Surely you can appreciate there are limits.
Well that man is blessed for doing that. He will get a reward for being persecuted. I say allow the homosexual community to do what they want to do until a government repents (change of mind about what God did for them) and then the govt will either tolerate it or ban it like they did in the past. Trump USA President, Mike Pence Vice President, and Scott Morrison Australian PM who are all leaders in govt all believe in God. God allows homosexuals to have a free choice of what they want to do. People of the gay/lesbian/trans or whatever might even get into govt. It's all up to God because God puts people into govt for reasons which are sometimes unknown to us.

Again saying a sinners prayer doesn't save anyone. I said one in the past and didn't even understand what I was even saying. Until you hear the gospel which is done through hearing of the Word then you can't become saved.

7onriverI f

Banned
Reaction score
Also corrector I believe some homosexuals are saved. Some believe what they do is wrong but might still engage in it because they are tempted. Some stop their sin just like staight people stop their sin. The bashing of this man could come from homosexuals or straight people. Just happened he went up against people who hated God and took it out on him.

This is a interesting verse

"For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them." —Romans 1:26-29

Some preachers do say that homosexuals are all reprobates and can't be saved from this one verse. I don't believe God rejects the worse of sinners rather its the worst of sinners who reject God.

Psalms 97:10 says, "Ye that love the Lord, hate evil.

Like i said in the opening paragraph in this post some homosexuals hate evil. They might still engage in it even though they don't really want to.

Romans 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

Stuggling with sin every christian faces.

Last edited:

7onriverI f

Banned
Reaction score
There suppose to be some rock that suppose to hit earth on the day of election or day before. Any updates on that?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not really, it's still on its way.
Could be a rock. But I'm beginning to lean more toward the third disaster of the year being some sort of civil war, or extreme violence connected to disputed election results. It's getting harder to see people accepting a peaceful resolution to this election.

7onriverI f

Banned
Reaction score
Could be a rock. But I'm beginning to lean more toward the third disaster of the year being some sort of civil war, or extreme violence connected to disputed election results. It's getting harder to see people accepting a peaceful resolution to this election.
Lots of hate going on. People hate Biden. People hate Trump. Both are just people. Why hate them?

Status
Not open for further replies.