Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Boyfriend versus her friends?

Monkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My current girl and I have been going out for four months now. She ticks all the boxes - extremely loving, giving, devoted, makes me feel like a king etc.
Our relationship is pretty much 'perfect'.

Over the last few days we'd been talking about going for a hike on Saturday, however today she tells me one of her best (girl) friends called her up last night and asked her to get together on Saturday for a girly afternoon and gf agreed.

She told me about it this afternoon, that this friend doesn't like being told no. I asked why she couldn't have said she had other plans but "you can't say no to her" she says.

Now I 1000% know this is genuine situation, shes not losing interest, cheating or anything else. However shes not seen these friends for a while and I don't want her to forget them.

Guess she thought it would be easier to cancel on me than let her good friend down.

I feel a little let down that she couldn't have been more firm and tell this friend we had plans.

Now do I let this go and maybe seem a pushover or cause a fuss and sound posessive and possibly create bad feelings from her friend?

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you think it's 100% legitimate, then let it go. Just make sure that she realizes that you're doing her a favor by letting her cancel your plans, and in a sense she "owes" you a little something. Getting pissed about it is going to do nothing. If it happens again in the near future, then it's time to say "Look babe, you've done this once, but not this time."

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Monkey said:
...Guess she thought it would be easier to cancel on me than let her good friend down.
Yellow flag....

I know you guys are just dating but it's this type of thing which drives a wedge between couples. No, her interest level isn't waining but it sounds like she's allowing her friendship adjust the parameters of your relationship. Like you said, you're easier to deal with and could evolve into a concern. It's not as if her friend was having some type of emergency that your girl had to attend. The way that you handle it will also influence how things will play out in the future.

Nikos75

Don Juan
Reaction score
I suggest you can see this as an opportunity.
Just ask yourself the question: "How many Saturday nights during the past 4 months was I able to do whatever I wished?"
PROBABLE ANSWER: None. I was spending every Saturday night with my GF.
This Saturday you have the opportunity to go out with whomever you wish.
Since your GF has a girlie night, you can make it a boys night for yourself and your buddies, or go out on your own and flirt. I do not suggest cheating on your gf, but instead of staying at home GO OUT AND HAVE FUN!

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Monkey said:
My current girl and I have been going out for four months now. She ticks all the boxes - extremely loving, giving, devoted, makes me feel like a king etc.
Our relationship is pretty much 'perfect'.

Over the last few days we'd been talking about going for a hike on Saturday, however today she tells me one of her best (girl) friends called her up last night and asked her to get together on Saturday for a girly afternoon and gf agreed.

She told me about it this afternoon, that this friend doesn't like being told no. I asked why she couldn't have said she had other plans but "you can't say no to her" she says.

Now I 1000% know this is genuine situation, shes not losing interest, cheating or anything else. However shes not seen these friends for a while and I don't want her to forget them.

Guess she thought it would be easier to cancel on me than let her good friend down.

I feel a little let down that she couldn't have been more firm and tell this friend we had plans.

Now do I let this go and maybe seem a pushover or cause a fuss and sound posessive and possibly create bad feelings from her friend?
I remember one of my girlfriends girl friend came to visit her for a couple days. She tried to balance her time with me and her. But, if her girl-friend wasn't the center of attention she would be a total b!tch. So, sometimes she had to spend more time with her than me then, she wanted to.

Don't worry about it and just let it go this one time.

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
LOL... its a test to see how needy you are women always do this when you start getting comfortable...

You need to be very neutral in your response tell her its no big deal and go have fun... BUT MAKE SURE YOU DO THE EXACTY SAME THING TO HER WHEN SHE LEASTS EXPECTS IT... she will respect you plenty for playing her game...

Monkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I acted neutral and guess what - she just called up and said she'd realised it wasn't fair when we'd already made plans and she'd rather go out with me after all...

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
^^Ok so now you need to reward her so she feels happy with that choice she made on her own cause her friends will try to say you are too controlling.... but remind her that you think it is healthy for her to hang with her friends as long as they respect her relationship....

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Monkey said:
Well I acted neutral and guess what - she just called up and said she'd realised it wasn't fair when we'd already made plans and she'd rather go out with me after all...
You've got a winner there. It would have been cool if you could have pointed that out to her so that she wouldn't ever think that she could take advantage of the relationship in that way.