Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

born with it

hb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll have to admit, this site is a great site with alot of great info.....
But with all the advice that is being given here most of us will probably remain the same......
I know we all want to be that alpha male, that guy with all the girls all over him.... but the truth is most of us will never be that guy.... Those guys are just born with it.
I look around and im not a bad lookin guy, girls like me but i can feel theres just something missing in my personality...
This can be changed but you have to discover what the problem is and find a way to get around it.... I think this is harder then it sounds.... I mean wtf, i see some of the ugliest guys that got girls on them.
I discovered today that there really is something wrong with me..... I remmember when i was younger my mom use to always say that im not like the average kid cause i was never really that social when i was younger and although i got friends now and i know people, i still feel like I'm not where I could be and the problem is I havent discovered why not. Maybe we should just accept who we are and live with it.......... Sometimes i wish i could do my life over....

Theres really no specific point to this, just what was on my mind.

Bungo Pony

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by hb
I know we all want to be that alpha male, that guy with all the girls all over him.... but the truth is most of us will never be that guy.... Those guys are just born with it.
All I can say is... speak for yourself.
I remmember when i was younger my mom use to always say that im not like the average kid cause i was never really that social when i was younger and although i got friends now and i know people, i still feel like I'm not where I could be and the problem is I havent discovered why not.
I was the exact same way. I was always the quiet kid, who was able to be content sitting in the corner playing on my own. I had the same thing when I was in school. I could sit and do things on my own, and sometimes I preferred it.

Were you an only child by any chance?

Trying to change something that's been with you all your life is one hell of a challenge, and I'm still working on this aspect of my life. However, I'm slowly getting better at social interaction as the years go by. Don't look at where you aren't, look at how far you've gone.... Hey! I like that! New Signature :)

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

No woman in the history of humankind has EVER, I repeat, EVER, given birth to the ultimate alpha male in the delivery room.
Just like no great salesman was ever born that way, just like Muhammad Ali, Michael Jordan, Bill Gates, Steven Spieldberg, Bruce Springsteen (well, he might have been Born To Run, and Born In The USA, but not 'Born With It'), Lee Iaacoca, Ted Turner, Donald Trump, Eminem, Tiger Woods, and on and on, did not come out of their mother's wound with the skills that got them to where they are. These people went out there and pushed the envelope, and created their "Luck." They make it look easy to the point where others call them lucky.

The ugly guys you see with the babes, they do the things that get them results. It is easier to dismiss this fact and just settle for a "I'm just not cut out for this" type of attitude. According to studies, over 90% of human's potential is never tapped into.

Wether is trying to learn a new instrument, looking to loose weight, or improve in business, you will need to stretch yourself harder than you ever dreamed possible, go out there and learn the skill set, then, and only then, will you achive the degree of "luck" that the very few enjoy.

-Zero_h0uR-

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by hb
I look around and im not a bad lookin guy, girls like me but i can feel theres just something missing in my personality...
There is. You don't believe in yourself at all. I've read your recent posts, and man, you need to relax.

I wasn't born with the ability to talk to women. I wasn't born with an in-shape body. I wasn't born with the intelligence I've learned here.

I have been reading the DJB and the forum for a good 8 months now. I have worked very hard to become the man I am becoming. I don't have the greatest pickup stories, because I have been working on myself. To be the man I want to be. I am closer to that goal than I was before, and now I'm starting to incorporate "picking up" women, too.

Maybe that's what would help you best, too. Start working on making you better. You know those things you have that you always wished you could do? So do them.

Become the man you want to be, and the rest will come as a bonus with it.

-- Zero-

hb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd have to admit, i got confidence but to an extent..... Its just that i look around and me and i always thought i looked good but there are just guys out there that look better then me..... The fact that i dont have that baby face look and i have to shave constantly just to ****en look good for a couple of days outa the week pisses me off, meanwhile we got these kids with baby faces baggin maaaad girls.... and i just cant help but think, damn i gotta improve and i know i can. I kept tellin myself today (since it was the last day of school) "watch how im gonna kill it next year" and i truly believe i am but the thing is, i know i have faults but i dont truly know what they are and if they are faults. I ****en see these kids with girls that i knowww i can take away from them yet i dont really know how. I want to talk to so manyy girls yet I want to be able to say the perfect words.......

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Saying DJing is genetic is a simple cop-out so that you can quit putting in effort.

Its like saying "Alcoholism is Genetic! Im just Born with it! So why even TRY to quit!???

Stop working about the Alpha Males..who cares about them..They surely dont worry about other "alpha males"

and stop this envy with having 100's of chicks all over you..all you need is a couple good ones..

I have friends who appear like alpha males , and have women all over them..yet they are miserable..and unhappy

Don't think just because you dont have it, you want it.

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by hb
I'd have to admit, i got confidence but to an extent..... Its just that i look around and me and i always thought i looked good but there are just guys out there that look better then me..... The fact that i dont have that baby face look and i have to shave constantly just to ****en look good for a couple of days outa the week pisses me off, meanwhile we got these kids with baby faces baggin maaaad girls.... and i just cant help but think, damn i gotta improve and i know i can. I kept tellin myself today (since it was the last day of school) "watch how im gonna kill it next year" and i truly believe i am but the thing is, i know i have faults but i dont truly know what they are and if they are faults. I ****en see these kids with girls that i knowww i can take away from them yet i dont really know how. I want to talk to so manyy girls yet I want to be able to say the perfect words.......
Hb, I find this post funny, not because of your sentiments; I definitely feel the same way as you do. But I doubt that girls don't like you because you have a baby face. I have the babiest of all faces--can't even grow a decent mustache, yet I can't get a girl to even look at me sideways. I think you may even have the advantage, in that you look more like a man, and girls go for manly men! These ugly guys you see with the beautiful women, chances are they don't look like they are fifteen. A girl wants a real man who can make her feel protected and secure.

So if you eliminate looks, then what's left? Your attitude, of course. My mom says if I were to have a better attitude about life, I wouldn't have such a hard time. But I agree with you that some are born to be"alpha males" and some are not. Socializing simply comes easy for some people; it has to do with the genetic makeup of a person's brain. Just like some people are especially gifted at mathematics, while someone like me can barely add. That doesn't mean that a guy who isn't a DJ can't change himself into one, but some of us just have to work harder at it than others.

And don't bother trying to find the perfect words; there are no such things. Many times, it's in the delivery. A guy who is confident and outgoing could pull of certain lines, whereas an insecure AFC could say the same thing and it wouldn't go over well.

-Zero_h0uR-

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Starman is right.

You're not born an alpha male. You become one.

How do some become one so early?

It's the way they're raised. There's not an alpha male gene, to my knowledge. It's how your mom and dad taught you to be.

-- Zero-

davelmn2003

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
did you have an older domineering sister/brother? When I was small, my sister (quite a number of years older than me) used to tease me all the time. She'd make me feel insecure about my looks or behavior. I wonder if that has contributed to my insecurity and lower self-esteem?

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alpha males are made, not born. Simple as that.

Its called confidence. I'm not talking fake confidence, I'm talking about natural true confidence. This board emphasizes almost a synthetic confidence that just tries to patch up any non DJ holes. Take pride in what you do. If you don't do much, get out more. Start playing basketball. Most of the times, pseudo DJs fail a lot because they lack the real confidence that is needed.

Trying to change something that's been with you all your life is one hell of a challenge, and I'm still working on this aspect of my life
Same here. I'm getting there but I find out that fake confidence gets me numbers but I never feel satisfied. Often times I get numbers from girls just to see if my game is still tight but I need not do that. I should know inside if my game is tight or not.

I have been reading the DJB and the forum for a good 8 months now. I have worked very hard to become the man I am becoming
DJ Bible IMO is like a car without gas. It can take you far but until you put in the gas, its useless. I'm not talking to you but to hb or anyone else that reads the bible and expects magic to happen from nothing. DJ Bible is a crutch and its a bad one. I don't even look at the DJB and I haven't for a couple of weeks. I realize that the only way for true success is to get out there on my own and come back with my own results. Although just for those that are still relying on the bible, my own DJB variant, Analyzing the DJ Mind 2.0, will be available sometime in July. I'm going to make it an e-book complete with pictures and effective detail.

I'd have to admit, i got confidence but to an extent
No you don't. There is no such thing as confidence "to an extent." You have it or you don't. Don't believe the fake confidence hype. I think you just need to start taking up hobbies, become good at them, and develop natural confidence.

Its just that i look around and me and i always thought i looked good but there are just guys out there that look better then me
Here is the thing: no matter what you do, there will always be someone better than you. Of course there are guys out there that look better than you. There are guys that look better than me. A lot of my friends probably look better but I'm the only one thats landing hot chicks while they're still believing that they can only shoot for 5s or 6s. Girls care about looks like men which is why you should look your best when female hunting but being average with good game can land you the hotties you thought you couldn't get.

I kept tellin myself today (since it was the last day of school) "watch how im gonna kill it next year
No, you got to start right now. If you mean kill it as in get the ladies, it begins tomorrow since the day is pretty much over.

---------------

I think you have a long ways to go but you are getting there. The key here is to start up some hobbies, get good at them, and feel good about yourself. You should never have to question yourself in a negative light. If you got shot down by girls all that week, think "Man, I will try doing this instead of that this week" as opposed to thinking "What in the hell is wrong with me?"

matius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Word up you guys...This is a great post because nobody decided to be a smart ass in return. Great replies all the way around.

hb- man I could have written that myself.
i know i have faults but i dont truly know what they are and if they are faults.
Everybody has faults. You see that kid rolling with that DKNY super model? That mofo has faults too. Everyone is battling with inner-demons just the same...I think that some are merely able to filter out the evil at a higher rate than others- something I'm trying to learn. Evil meaning negativity. They can drop insults, open themselves up to people and cast away negativity for positivity at the flick of a wrist.
It's the way they're raised. There's not an alpha male gene, to my knowledge. It's how your mom and dad taught you to be.
Yes my friend. I have been thinking about this philosophy for weeks now. How things happened for you growing up is the answer to figuring out what's up now. Imagine a river flowing along, it's going to flow into something larger eventually right?

Many brothas grew up with a father that prepared them well. Gave them the right sexual mindset. That's deep. Some others had bigger brothers, a hardcore group of friends or someone letting them know what was going on. Meaning the real game behind the game. I never had any of it. On the contrary.

Some kids grew up under the rule of religious zealots. No sex, love or french kiss talk. No dirty deeds...or else you're a sinner and your going to hell. Or thoughts on sexuality were never expressed in the household- looked down upon. Maybe sex wasn't talked about but you could date, nice mormon girls.

Some kids rolled with a different crowd. A crowd not into learning about girls at a young age. The nerdy dorky crowd. How were you supposed to know what was really going down? I ask you.

Man is born with the innate sense to hunt. I'd say this is correct for most men. But it is crucial that early sexual development begins without a hitch or in the correct manner or problems will develop. Imagine the situation where a kid is 17. The first girl he goes out with really digs him. They have sex, make friends together and eventually fade away into new relationships. Great, good roll you know. Now take the kid who is 17. The first girl he goes out with is in it to use and abuse. They have sex, the kid falls for her but she is telling all of her friends and his friends what a loser wuss he is. Then she cheats on him and lets him know about it. Ouch, it might take a minute to recover and get back into a relationship.

All the time 17 A has some confidence. Girls respond and he has nothing to fear, been there done that. It's cool.

17 B depressed and let down, even confused tries again. But the attitude says something to this new girl. She kind of flakes on him. Sets the precedent in his life. Why? Because he may not be able to understand the reason he was treated that way. When he meant so well.

Even further, why are the girls not responding now. To bounce from that mindset (confusion), to thinking about the other girls that stomped on him- could be rough. Not very easy to forget and stand-up. Because the complete picture has yet to come. He just feels down.

See the two paths that the kids have taken. Now compound that with this. Maybe that kid had a couple of sisters that teased him. Messed with his self-esteem. They didn't give him any tips on getting with chicks or what kind of attitude was needed. Dad, you know the complete AFC- married at 18 and has never known another woman all his life didn't prepare his son for what was about to come. No friends in sight that could let him know....Damn, he gets older than people start to pick on him!

17 B kid now- One brother on the varsity baseball team, another two on the varsity football team. Mackin' women all day at the house. A dad who's still single and cool hookin up like a true player lettin him know what's going on. A slew of friends created because of his ability with the women talking about pootang and poonanny...training to be a football player in the big game. Everybody loves Danny boy!

Boom...17 B seems like a natural player. Na, just a natural progression. I believe you can take my generalized point and mold it to where it makes sense in your situation...If you got this far!

It's not where you come from, It's where you at. Better to try at 32 than die at 27.

I'd also like to say, anybody in Kid B's position that reads this- you have the opportunity to reap greater rewards than Kid A (Radiohead Propz). You've been given a minute to dwell on yourself...to know yourself better. You'll learn the meaning of hard work and determination...and also, the satisfaction that comes from reaching your dreams will be much greater - you've devoted much more energy in your journey and you have faced greater adversity than others. Enjoy it and look at it like a gift.

S

sportsman

Dude!! Grab life by the ***** and don't look back...........its attitude and confidence, work on it, conquer fear you have nothing to lose.......I was a shy guy in high school and the girls always said I was so good looking but I was too shy to do anything about it.....but I finally got tired of being a wimp and decided to start taking chances (kicking fear in the face) and I now just walk up to the prettiest women where ever and say Hi! then the conversation flows Kick fear in the face believe you can do it...... practice and you can! dont let your self talk- talk you out of it kick fears ***.

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sportsman,

am I curious, what does finally getting sick of being a wimp feel like? Anger, frustration? lonliness? does it at some point all BOIL over and you finally put your foot down and say NO MORE!!

Or does this happen over time? (kind of like getting frustrated to a point over and over and forcing yourself to go out there and Try Harder?)

This isnt a rare phenomenon, I hear alot of my friends talk about how they were shy, then finally just Said FvCK it!! No more Mr. Nice guy!!

But I seem to keep missing their point between Mr. Nice Guy...to finally..getting to a point to get motivated?

Whats in between?

matius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Starman- This might not be what you're looking to hear, but I've been trying to figure out how one might step up and become on point. Meaning no longer feeling like a wimp, insecure, less than the next man, like you can't get a woman, desparate, infatuated, pathetic, shy or frustrated. Although I'm hesitant to add frustration and I don't add anger because these two can be useful for progression.

Some of these things can be changed immediately, some will happen because of the chain reaction. There aren't any simple answers for this, and it of course requires hard work.

This is an untested personal system not to be confused with important information or mad insight. Just what I'm going to work on to make things better for myself.

1. Find the root of your problems, then justify them (even if you were the cause). Realize what made you do it. Realize what did it to you. And I mean all of the tributaries that ran into your river of sorrow. Why do you feel depressed, worried, frustrated and just generally down in the dumps? Okay so situation A, B, C or D happened to you and they've stuck like glue. Why did these events occur? In what environment did they occur? Can you see why they happened? Are they physically effecting your today, right now? Is there anything really there now? Or is much of your paranoia created via these earlier circumstances? This poison ivy (paranoia from the past) is effecting the relationships you make today. A vicious cycle that brings you down even further because you are unable to get control of the situation and people take notice.

>> I've got an idea for this below.

>> People put you down today, yesterday or then. So improve yourself. Progress is key to your getting better. Even if people don't put you down, you put you down.

2. Release the heat and let it go. Not an easy step at all. You have to filter out the negative and bring on the positive. Because only with a positive mind can you prevail. So filter out the comments that hit you in the chip you're carrying around. Stop applying everything that is said to your problems, let it go even if it is directed at you. So, if it's not the outside world giving you grief, you have to force-feed your mind with bright, solid and strong thoughts of yourself. Build up your image of you and get some mental strength. If the people around you are *******s, Quickly, look them in the eye and tell yourself you're strong and get busy with your work. Get into your work and start doing the things that make you feel good inside. It's all about mind power. It's all about controlling your thoughts and doing what it is that makes you happy. Plain and f'ing simple.

3. Drink Water (6 Cups Every Day)

4. Exercise (jog, push-ups, sit-ups, walk, lift weights, play sports)

5. Eat well - No more Capn Crunch for B, Fruit Roll-ups for L and McDonalds for D. Just make sure you take vitamins and eat decently is all I'm trying to say.

Side Note...Get up early, but make sure you have enough sleep.

6. Listen to music that motivates you to better yourself. (Subjective, but examples- Tribe Called Quest, Stereo MC's, Public Enemy, KRS-ONE, De La Soul, Buster Rhymes, Mos Def, Big Daddy Kane)

> 3, 4, 5 and 6 won't do shyte if you don't keep up with it.

7. Realize that your problems, 95% of them, are now being caused by you. Don't have so much pride. It's pointless. It's essential to unwind and feel loose. That's letting the negativity go around you instead of right into your head. Besides dammit, you want to be a mover and shaker and you have things to damn do! Your behind even so you don't have time to partake in negativity and people trying to bring you down.

8. Realize that everyone has problems and everyone is flawed in one form or another. Drop some of that loftiness created by your own insecurities. Have lofty ideas and a creative attitude, but make sure they're in your mind and not translating to other people as stuck up without showing anything. You can only prove that you're that bad ass mofo when you have something to show...And only then. Try to empathize with everyone you meet from hotdog vendor to President. You have something in common because you're people. Remember you won't or shouldn't Always have something to say.

9. Remember that the Movers and Shakers are doing just that. You respect someone that's changing things in Industry X? Or better yet work outside of the industry on their own terms. If they sense that you are insecure they'll say to you, Go F()ck Yourself Kid...We're busy in here. Then when the door shuts on your face, they'll laugh at you and carry on with their work.

> I have an idea about how to fix that insecurity and being on point- just a second though.

10. Quit expecting that just because something clicks in your mind with some girl or job- you're going to get it...you must just because. That's not life. Don't get down on yourself and start growing that poison ivy when it doesn't work out. Realize that there is another day, another way, another woman, another friend and so on- and you have your work and your friend - you. Yep, your friends should try to uplift you and be positive, so if you're your own friend you shouldn't be feeling too bad because you like yourself. (This I'm finding a hard lesson to learn, because I get down sometimes when things don't go my way- but I'm working on lessening the effect of any possible downer that comes my way). Be a stand-up guy and don't half-step by retreating to a hole in your mind when you feel pressured. You can do this when you practice the next point.

11. Ok. Now here is the thing I'm most excited about. Being on point at all times should in theory eliminate the problems you are having. No longer being the guy you don't want to be.

Many times when things don't go your way it's simply because you are not focused. You're not focused! Wake UP! You have trouble remembering things, people think you're weird, you have this light feeling in your chest that you can't do it and you get nervous. Or you feel that poison ivy creeping up when your speaking to someone...Hell NO! Stay focused!

From now on when you speak to other humans, you know girls and friends and family and bosses and you know, anyone make sure that you stay focused and bring something to the table. No matter how long the duration of conversation. Don't slip into space and don't think about your negative situation. Because just because you think they know what happened to you or you think they know what you're thinking always they Don't! They just sense something is wrong with you. Then they might take a wild guess and grab your chip and spit it out at you. Shrug it off baby- because if you let it slide they'll think they were wrong and you can go and work on it when you're by yourself. The time that you should be thinking of yourself.

Paranoia is a part of everyone to a certain degree? You paranoid yet? The time you should think about you, your bills, your situations, your problems, your fears/worries, your tiny little light-hearted powder puff demeanor and personality and your work are when you are working, driving, spending time alone/by yourself or are with someone who actually wants to speak with you About you. This is really important. If you are constantly thinking about you and your dilemmas that you're carrying around when speaking to some girl you're screwed. You think to yourself, she knows my past and how I've been such a wuss. No! She doesn't! But she will! I exclaim because it is crucial to your progression as that solid strong mutha f()cka you're trying to be.

Just make sure you know when to think about yourself, and when you do make sure that you take the necessary steps to improve your mental health and wherewithall which has to do with finances.

12. Become better than you were and try not to compare yourself with the people who have things...like hot women, money and cars. This will get you nowhere and just make you think you aren't worthy of anything. All that it does is slow you down, that's it. Yep, it drags your personality down the tubes and makes you work less. You have to think you'll have those things soon enough through hard work.

13. Believe that there will be a point in some peoples life where they come to the realization that they gave up and can no longer attain the things they desired. Believe that there will be a point in some peoples life where they realize they have done good things and feel good about their lives. They've seen their dreams come true. Or they are doing things just as good as what they originally intended to do but went off in this great weird ass tangent without knowing it because they put themselves out there. Postive minds will rise and prevail while negative minds will end up with the herd in the back.

14. Move forward, progress and talk to the hotty you see there. What she gonna do? Bite your penis off? If ya lucky.

15. Don't be so scared of what you Might say. Just say it but be prepared to handle whatever comes your way. This one will take some practice just like job interviews. It means knowing yourself better and being more confident.

16. Try hard not to care what others think deep down. Don't let it ruin you day or even a minute. Just stay devoted to your work and be true to yourself. True means be the righteous brotha - know that you are getting better and will contribute to society and then contribute when things are going well.

Concentrate and Focus in what's happening NOW! NOW! You really HAVE TO work on it.

Knowledge is KEY (read books ;))

Better to try at 37 than die at 26.

Last edited:

Ol'BlueEyes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bred, not born

"It's the way they're raised. There's not an alpha male gene, to my knowledge. It's how your mom and dad taught you to be."

Coming from a broken home, I can certainly relate. My mom didn't have the time nor the inclination to teach me the basics. If it wasn't for this site I'd still be worshipping from afar.

reformedafc

Don Juan
Reaction score
The most important trait

All this talk here brings to mind something I have been thinking about quite a bit lately. I see it in my friends who used to be losers and are now alphas, I see it in my friends who used to be AFC, and I see it in myself. The most important trait that makes you an alpha male (once you have learned to socialize) is simply not giving a sh1t. We call it confidence, ****iness, whatever you want to call it, but it is basically the same thing. You just don't care about women's games, or drama, or whether you are going to hurt someone's feelings. You just do what you want when you want, and damn what anyone else thinks. That is what makes a man an alpha, because women (and other men) simply cannot figure out what is going on.

matius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know. I think many girls want you to play that game. If you ignore the game, they leave you alone. I think...

Or atleast the girls that I've met.

hb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just a thought.........
think about your sister or your girl cousin. I look at them like they're family and i dont take them seriously(ofcourse) but there are some guys out there who might think they're hot and become infatuated with them, while we think that they aint sh*t. I see sometimes how they get sooooo excited when a hot guy talks to them or likes them.
So think about itttt, you are that guy that likes that other guys sister and makes a big deal outa them and stresses over them. THEY AINT NOTHINGGGG SPECIAL so treat them that wayyyyy!!

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by hb

Around 2000 years ago, a virgin named Mary gave birth to a baby boy. He was named Jesus.

That, my friend, is the only time a woman has ever given birth to an alpha-male. Alpha-males are MADE, not BORN. Read Pook's Be A Man! post; specifically, the part about Theodore Roosevelt.