Boot Camp week 3 (Response thread)

Nicholas Hill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ Boot Camp - Week 3

(Approaching and Initiating Conversations with Girls)

This is the response thread for the third week of the Don Juan Boot Camp. The only content that should exist here would ideally be from those who have read the relevant chapter in the DJ eBook and have done the exercises.

When reporting, remember to log:

• What you did, correctly and incorrectly.
  • What you thought and felt
  • How you think you're doing at this point

msg

Don Juan
Reaction score
bootcamp week three objectives completed

ok, my mind is a bit fuzzy so i'm going to have to think hard to try and remember what i did but here goes

friday, had a poker night with the boys and went out afterwards

1. 3 set sitting at the couch (hb 6, 7, 6), i was able to steal the seat of the one sitting in the middle and lock myself into the set, ran some pretty solid game, the cute one in the middle was already engaged, they were from out of town and just visiting for the weekend, later we were also able to venue change, lost them at the new venue, my friends tried to get the two single girls to dance with them, but the girls told me that they thought my friends were sleazy, anyways i kept trying but was not able to regain their attention after that

2. 2 set sitting on a couch (hb 7, 9), a blonde and a brunette, tried to steal their seat so i could lock myself into the set but was unsuccessful, they kept negging my story telling and the blonde said that i sounded like i had been rehearsing the routine, she was right but i had no comback, some guy came along, they greeted him and shut me out of the set

3. 2 set on the dance floor (hb 6,6), chatted for a few minutes but she couldn't hear what i was saying so i tried to show them some cool dance moves, no go, she was not very receptive and kept backing away

4. 2 set sitting down at a couch against the wall (hb 6,6), approached, ran an opener using my man bag, they weren't very receptive, so i walked away

didn't really see any other potentials, the music was dumb and i wasn't having any fun so i left

saturday night, got an invite to see a friend playing with his band, went with rbb, decided that there was a lot of hbs walking around and that it would be good to do some night time street approaches

5. street approach, a blonde and a brunnette (hb 7,7), i asked them what they thought of my man bag, they said it was cool, should have kept going but it was my first approach for the night

6. street approach, blonde and brunnette (hb 6,7), opened and used a time constraint, ran some pretty good game, tried to venue change them but they said that they were supposed to meet someone elsewhere, didn't know what to say to that so we ejected

7. street approach, blonde and brunette (hb 8,9), wow these chicks were hot, i opened and was able to get the brunette to stop and chat to me for a bit, the blonde just kept walking away, stopped and waited for her friend to finish with me, she was actually really nice, dammit i should have number closed or something!

found our way into a club

8. 3 set (hb 5,6,7), rbb went in first and then i followed when he signaled me, he worked on the 6 and i worked on the 5 and 7, they were already taken, so i didn't have much success although rbb seemed to be doing quite good, later he told me the 6 was already taken, got to give him props for handling the other dudes in the set though

9. 4 set sitting down on a couch (hb 5, 6, 7, 8), opened the set and managed to run some good game, they were from out of town, i asked if any of them were single but they were all taken, eventually we tried to venue change them but they said that they might meet up with us later

left the club for the next venue, got there and they wouldn't let us in because we didn't have the right kind of id

10. 2 set (hb 6,7) can't really remember what happened, we got a bit of a conversation going, they said that they were all in the same group, there were about another 6 hbs there but standing towards the stop light, they said something about a birthday or hens night or something, i can't really remember, anyways it didn't go anywhere so we ejected

went on a day 2 today with a chick i met at a club, we met at the beach, her friends were there, i said i couldn't stay long, nothing much happened, we chatted and then i left, she messaged me a few hours later saying that it was nice to see me today, so i think i did ok

messaged a chick i had met last week, we had spoken on the phone on wednesday and she seemed really into, she replied to my text message so i tried calling her, she didn't answer so i left her a message on her voice mail saying that i have something pretty interesting to tell her, still no reply, dammit, i'll message her again in a minute with something ****y funny

ok that's it for week 3, the night time street approaches were a first for me, and actually it was a lot of fun, i'll have to add it to my weekly program

week 3 has been pretty easy for me as i am pretty good at approaching, although i can feel the pressure coming with week 4 around the corner

i probably need to work on my material some more so i have a few openers that i can practice and use

i supposed i still have the same problems in terms of not being able to extract and escalate consistently

right now i feel pretty crap actually, this chick hasn're returned my call and i really thought she was into me, i have to learn to stick to it and not eject anymore, so week 4 is going to be a real challenge

TRA

Don Juan
Reaction score
week 3

Week 3 isn't going very well for me as far as the assignment is concerned. I've been stuck at work and haven't been going out the past couple nights. On the other hand I went out with a girl I number closed last week. She was tough to read. I had to run alot of game. We went to couple bars, and then ended up back to my place. It was a good night. I need to start focusing on the assignment for the weekend though

jp98502

Don Juan
Reaction score
week 3

Not very organized here but I havent been able to write lately,so from memory- intersesting weekend-
DAy 1?:I met this hb6 but kinda cute, I just dont like somethin about her dont know what. Neways got to a-3 just experimenting with my skills, did some kino-trust test, and got my first # close> she closed me!
DAY 2?: I think I opened 2 sets, little bit of convo but didnt go very far.
Day 3?: I had a very interesting night. I walked down to the bar (1 dui already)
and I walked in smiling, good posture, feelin good, and before I even got to the bar, the first set nearby hb7 opens me. Lisa, kinda cute. Shes kinda drunk but not too much and she introduces herself. Anyway we go outside to smoke, I ask her about her tatoo, her and her friends are showin me all there tatoos, and shes showin me the one on her teet> oops n** slip! ''You like'' she asked. ""Nice" i reply. Anyways Im DHV, NEGGING, the hell out of this freaky girl and shes gettin freakier. She was tryin to prove herself to me all night. Then her girlfriend-(girlfriend) shows up? WTF??? her gf is an UG2?? strange because Lisa is kinda hot. Anyways I try to open up her gf a little get her on my side, she dosent like me. I even danced with her :cry: Lisa is talkin to me, kissing, when her friend was gone tellin me to go with them and shell give me a bj! , shes all over me and Im thinkin wow I learned some great s*** We are gettin pretty drunk by now ANd all the sudden she turns to me and says "GET THE f*** OUTTA HERE!" ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I smile and say with weird look on my face> "HUH??"
"GET THE F*** OUTTA HERE, LEAVE"
"WHAT?"
"you can have any girl you want, get the f*** outta here"
"Ok see you later" And I left confused as f*** but with pride.
I dont know what the hell happened there, the # she gave me must be wrong cause its busy always, I was gunna call her and ask if she sayed that because her gf was there? Did I neg her to death? Did I over qualify? SAd thing is I cant seem to remember what transpired prior to that. But I did neg her alot. Anyway I learned alot - 1:dont neg so much when shes showing interest
2:dont do too much with an ug 3 to get a hb7!
3: Im gunna get laid next weekend or die tryin!

jp98502

Don Juan
Reaction score
week 3

Not very organized here but I havent been able to write lately,so from memory- intersesting weekend-
DAy 1?:I met this hb6 but kinda cute, I just dont like somethin about her dont know what. Neways got to a-3 just experimenting with my skills, did some kino-trust test, and got my first # close> she closed me!
DAY 2?: I think I opened 2 sets, little bit of convo but didnt go very far.
Day 3?: I had a very interesting night. I walked down to the bar (1 dui already)
and I walked in smiling, good posture, feelin good, and before I even got to the bar, the first set nearby hb7 opens me. Lisa, kinda cute. Shes kinda drunk but not too much and she introduces herself. Anyway we go outside to smoke, I ask her about her tatoo, her and her friends are showin me all there tatoos, and shes showin me the one on her teet> oops n** slip! ''You like'' she asked. ""Nice" i reply. Anyways Im DHV, NEGGING, the hell out of this freaky girl and shes gettin freakier. She was tryin to prove herself to me all night. Then her girlfriend-(girlfriend) shows up? WTF??? her gf is an UG2?? strange because Lisa is kinda hot. Anyways I try to open up her gf a little get her on my side, she dosent like me. I even danced with her :cry: Lisa is talkin to me, kissing, when her friend was gone tellin me to go with them and shell give me a bj! , shes all over me and Im thinkin wow I learned some great s*** We are gettin pretty drunk by now ANd all the sudden she turns to me and says "GET THE f*** OUTTA HERE!" ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I smile and say with weird look on my face> "HUH??"
"GET THE F*** OUTTA HERE, LEAVE"
"WHAT?"
"you can have any girl you want, get the f*** outta here"
"Ok see you later" And I left confused as f*** but with pride.
I dont know what the hell happened there, the # she gave me must be wrong cause its busy always, I was gunna call her and ask if she sayed that because her gf was there? Did I neg her to death? Did I over qualify? SAd thing is I cant seem to remember what transpired prior to that. But I did neg her alot. Anyway I learned alot - 1:dont neg so much when shes showing interest
2:dont do too much with an ug 2 to get a hb7!
3: Im gunna get laid next weekend or die tryin!
I dunno why 2 post happened

dcastillus

Don Juan
Reaction score
week 3 results

Sorry it's late but I went out of town this past weekend so I couldn't write up my report at the end of the week and once the week gets started it's hard for me to find time to type it all up and post it but here goes:

Week 3
Day 1 Mon 6/23: Nothing

Day 2 Tues 6/24:
• I talked to an HB6 at the ice skating rink, we went back and forth a little through out the evening, I just commented on her skating abilities and how rusty she was having not skated for 10 years, nothing really materialized so I moved on.
• I talked to another HB6 (maybe a 7 if she lost some baby fat), she was quite receptive, here’s a bit of the dialogue (not verbatim):
ME: So are you taking care of him (referring to her brother who I was talking to earlier)
HB (she stands up right away): Oh no that’s my brother I am just sitting here because I am tired.
We chatted about where she’s from and how often she comes to the rink. Then I got her to go ice skating for a bit and as we skated:
HB: So do you have a girlfriend
ME: Yeah I have a hundred (grinning).
She laughed and almost fell down
ME: Why do you want a boyfriend?
HB: Hmm, I don’t know.
ME: I’ll tell you what I’ll be your boyfriend for the summer
Then she really did fall and took me down with her. The rest of our conversation pertained to school and what not.
Note: She was very friendly and approachable, and very touchy feely I could’ve handled it that day maybe if her brother wasn’t there, I got her number at the end, however, something didn’t seem right about her, not only on a maturity level (she was 18 but that wasn’t the issue) I think she has a mental disability that you can’t really tell unless you talk to her for a while so I probably won’t pursue her but she was cool to chat with for practice.

Day 3 Wed 6/25: Nothing

Day 4 Thurs 6/26:

• Talked to an HB7 about the hip hop dance class I was at at my gym, and about the instructor that was teaching that day and this other instructor that’s better but was not teaching today. We also talked about an abs class following the hip hop dance class.

Day 5 Fri 6/27:
Went to Tijuana, BC for the weekend and further down the peninsula to a small town called San Quentin with my family.
• Talked to an HB6 about where to find some cool dance clubs in Tijuana.
• At a club in TJ (buzzing it may I add), I saw an HB7 dancing to the music and she looked really into it so I went up to her and asked her (in my poor Spanish) why she liked to dance and how was she able to “feel” the music and what was she feeling when she danced, she was pretty friendly but my Spanish was terrible and her boyfriend was standing right next to her so I didn’t converse with her for long.
• I tried talking to 3 gals in the club (1HB3 and 2HB5s) in a group, asked them what they were celebrating, it was someone’s bday, they were pretty uptight, they kept sending me back and forth to their single friends as if I was trying to pick up on them, I was too drunk for this so I walked off.
• Went to a different club (hardcore Mexican music) I talked to an HB8 about the band that was playing, asking who they were where they’re from where was she from, what other bands play at this club, she was quite receptive and talked to despite my poor drunk Spanish, but it was getting worse and worse so I couldn’t keep up the conversation and I walked off.

Day 6 Sat 6/28:
• Talked briefly with a cashier (HB7) in the small town about what was going on that evening in town, we talked about the fair that was going on, she was a bit shy so we didn’t talk much.

Day 7 Sun 6/29: nothing

Total Conversations: 10, just made it:eek:
Final Note: It’s pretty tough trying to approach the girls you’re interested in especially when they sense you’re interested in them. The alcohol helped in the club but that’s not going to happen all the time. It really helped when I did my best not to look interested in her but interested in the question I was asking and in her response, and some girls are just b%^ches so I can’t do anything about that. I’ve already started on week 4 since I am writing this up late, march on…:up:

StGeo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 1 (Thursday)

Grabbed a free paper from a stand today and a girl took one as well. She wasn't overly attractive, maybe a 5. But I opened with a comment about the headline (something about crazy people) and we chatted for a bit while we were walking (I was going home, she was going to school). In the end it turned out her cousin's a buddy of mine from my class. Small world ;)

StGeo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 2 (Friday)

Nothing special happened today.

Day 3 (Saturday)

Another math competition today, arrived an hour early by mistake and met a girl in front of the school who was also early so we went to the nearest cafe. She had a decent body but sort of a weird face, I'd give her a 6. We stayed there for about 40 minutes and talked mostly about our schools because she goes to my school's main rival in terms of math competitions. Anyway, she had left her music player on the table, so I grabbed it to look through her music but my hand were shaky and I fumbled a bit and that made me a bit nervous but after a while I cooled down. The girl didn't show any particular interest but didn't seem too annoyed by me at least :D That's 2 down.

Went out with a HB8 I had met quite a while ago at the hospital. We played ping pong then a bit of basketball. At one point a fat kid showed up, who was a friend of hers and an acquaintance of mine but he's an AFC. If he hadn't been there, I might have pushed a bit more with the KINO but anyway, I didn't lose my cool and went along with it. He was understanding (or just too much of an AFC) and gave me some room. We went to a pastry shop and then to a small playground and me and her swung on a back-to-back swing for a bit. They both walked me back to my place (which was a bit weird but that's what happened), me and her walking arm in arm. They dropped me off, I gave her a hug (could have been longer, I was kind of disturbed by the other guy) and they both left.

I realised I'm using the BC threads as a blog but I still don't care on the account that I'm the only one posting in them and probably nobody reads them anyway.

StGeo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 4 (Sunday)

I approached a girl heading the same direction as me, it didn't go well:
Me: So how is it at <language school she was going to (was written on her bag)>
Her (weirded out): Great.
Me: You don't act the part.
Her: Well, I'm being approached by some...
Me: Yes?
Her: Bye.
Me: Bye.

I kept smiling but she apparently wasn't used to talking to strangers. Whatever, her loss.

StGeo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Days 5,6 and 7 have not been very eventful. I am going to repeat week 3 starting tomorrow. Hopefully this time I'll get it down, cause it seems my weak spot is conversation or rather sustaining one.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey st geo. I'm doing the bootcamp too and I'm on week 3 as well. Stick in there man, and handle business this week, we can knock this b!tch out!

StGeo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool. I can use a little support. Not doing too well, said hi to a girl at the bus stop, asked where she was headed, exchanged a few words but then I had nothing to say, I get this every time. I gotta kick out the AFC mind block.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea man, figuring out what to talk about seems like the hardest thing in the world when the girl is right in front of you. I'm gonna reread the articles attached to week 3 in the bible for a little assistance. Happy Hunting man

StGeo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Couldn't make it again.
Only had 2 conversations, one time I was drunk, the other time the girl was ice cold and I gave up (my bad).
Going for it a third time. It's harder to strike conversations with girls in this cold and I'm not really a club kinda guy (here's one for you: how do I introduce myself to the night life?) but I'll give it another shot. It's just no use moving on to week 4 yet.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got another conversations before the week ended but didn't reach my task. This is the most challenging week so far so I'm not gonna give up. I'm taking this week off because it started feeling a little too much like real work but I'm gonna get back this weekend/next week.

Don't sweat it too much StGeo just get back on the horse man. Remember that the # of convos/approaches you attained in the last week is more than most weeks throughout your entire life so don't beat yourself up, just try to constantly one-up yourself each time you go out and talk to women and we'll both be celebrating our newfound skills :)

StGeo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, I definitely think I'm getting much less opportunities because of the cold. Not many people are out in the day and they aren't very talkative. I'm not even going to count how many times I've repeated this week but I'm not carrying on before I get 10 convos in 7 days.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea me either man. I'm restarting today. Let's get errr done!!!!

StGeo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Seeing as how this isn't working out for me, I'm going to stray a bit from the Boot Camp. But I'm not giving up! I'm adding some personal challenges.

First: give a big smile to everyone who manes EC with me. It is harder for me to say 'hi' to a stranger and keep walking than to hold EC with somebody and smile. In my mind, I seems a lot less weird for someone to say hi and walk off than to stare at you and smile. Obviously, I'm going to have to beat that mentality, so I'm going to do that. Not for a week but for however long it takes. I'm going to keep working on my confidence and getting out of my comfort zone. When I think I'm ready I'll continue with the BC.

I'm also thinking of doing magic to strangers. I'm generally not bad in card magic, but I get nervous and my hands start shaking so I very seldom perform and since it is after all a cool skill to have, I'm going to have to kill my "stage fright". I'll start with effects that I'm comfortable with and hopefully I'll get to the point where I can test out my new tricks on random people.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The point of the bootcamp is to you find your weakness and you knock it back until it becomes second nature, you don't take lateral or backwards movement. I aint tryina throw you under the bus but magic tricks are for pvssies. I say keep on TALKING TO WOMEN UNTIL YOU GET COMFORTABLE instead of giving yourself an easy (and actually kinda weird in this day and age) way out. You aren't GOB from Arrested Development dude. I think that a year into the 'magic' you will be telling yourself "I think I've made a huge mistake"