Boot Camp week 1 (Response thread)

markjstc

Reaction score
S**T i only got 17 conversation.

i just finished my 1st week, but i failed.i missed the whole point of the exercise.

i shud have sed hi to people i am not interested in aswel.so that i wud get NO REPLIES sumtimes and get USED TO IT.(which i believe what the 1st lesson is all abt).i just find it odd to greet people and walk away.

i just focused on talkin to gals tather than greatin people(to get used to failure).i hate it wen i misses the whole point.

well i am gonna start the 2nd week anyway.hope i dont miss the point in this one.

dcastillus

Don Juan
Reaction score
don't sweat it markjstc, at least you made conversation with those 17 peeps that'll put you ahead for the 2nd week, I am still trying to catch up on week 1 and week 2, I've only got about 20 hi's and haven't even tried to conversate with a stranger (unless you count the people I ask questions to when looking for something at the store :) so you're doing pretty well by far. I should be finishing week 3 this sunday but I'm still trying to catch up with building the whole confidence thing and reading the other bible, you know the "new" one with the intro by killapetehog

I think you're right about the different approach to saying hi, it makes more sense. Good luck with week 2 I am sure you're going to kick a$$:rockon:

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
markjstc said:
S**T i only got 17 conversation.

i just finished my 1st week, but i failed.i missed the whole point of the exercise.

i shud have sed hi to people i am not interested in aswel.so that i wud get NO REPLIES sumtimes and get USED TO IT.(which i believe what the 1st lesson is all abt).i just find it odd to greet people and walk away.

i just focused on talkin to gals tather than greatin people(to get used to failure).i hate it wen i misses the whole point.

well i am gonna start the 2nd week anyway.hope i dont miss the point in this one.

Speak English *******

Eradamus

Reaction score
Ok, just started week one. So far I'm having no probs with exercise 1, been dishing out heavy duty EC all day and only a few people hold eye contact and even then it's only fleeting.

For exercise 2, I have one problem, I work part-time as a checkout operator and say hi to at least 50 people every shift and have convos with some. Does this count or what? If it does then I could probably combine week one and two into one day.

dcastillus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's do this!

This is game time, you ready here it comes! I tried to do BC a couple months ago, but came up with a bunch of excuses not to. During my hiatus I read all the books in the DJ Bible (The Book of Pook, The Book of Shuma Gora, Playa Handbook, etc.), as well as other posts on the DJ discussion board, I also read all of the Boot camp (hope that’s not cheating :whistle: ) just to see what it’s really about, except for the last part because I really haven’t completed boot camp yet so I don’t want to spoil it. Now it’s time to do this, it’s gonna be fun. I saw the boot camp some of the guys started last month (2008 Summer boot camp), would have liked to join them, oh well kick a$$ guys, hope they don’t mind if I peak into their posts to get a look at their progress and get a few tips. Anyways on with my results for the end of week 1:

Day 1 Mon 6/9
• Mumbled/whispered hi to an older lady in Costco, and then to an HB7 with her mom, I made EC but could only make out the word hi but no sound came out (feeling a bit nervous).
• This time more confident and upset at my weak effort at Costco, I said how’s it going to a guy in the parking lot at Office Depot, I marched in the store and said the same thing to a lady checking out stationary.
• I said hi to an HB7 on my way inside the library, she was pretty cute (Feeling more confident, applied the 3 sec rule, and grabbed my ballz I said “Just do it”)
• Hooked up with an HB6 I was hooking up with after the semester was over, not feeling it though I might not hook up with her anymore, who knows.
Total Hi’s: 5, EC: a bunch
Notes: I was feeling the butterflies at first, and the hotter the girl the adrenaline rushes faster, when it’s older ladies it obviously felt a bit easier, not too comfortable saying hi to dudes, just keep trying to remind myself it’s all fun and games, so I smile and keep going.

Day 2 Tues 6/10
• Said hi to an HB8 in Vons (grocery store) parking lot.
• Said hi to an HB5 inside the grocery store (muttered it more so), she paid me no mind.
• Said hi back to a little girl who said hi to me on my way to friends house.
• Hi fived 2 dudes after the Lakers game. (those count as hi’s right :D )
• Said hi to dude at the gas station.
Total Hi’s: 6, EC: about 10

Day 3 Wed 6/11
This was a big day because I was going to the mall to practice, I took my cousin with me for support but he stayed behind mostly (he doesn’t really need help with the ladies and he doesn’t like to play wingman but it was all good). I also read this quote by Shuma Gora before I went inside:
“There is no room for self-doubt in the Don Juan’s life. The Don Juan strives for greatness; he has no room for mediocrity. The Don Juan does not hold himself back from challenges; he instead hurls himself at them. He does this because he knows that he can eventually overtake them” And that really pumped me up.
• Said hi to two HB8s at Macy’s, both ignored me, reminded myself how fun this was going to be looked back and grinned at my cousin and kept walking.
• Said hi to two different groups of 3 (HB7s, one group might have been teens), they didn’t acknowledge my greeting, kept moving.
• Said hi to two different pairs of gals (HBs 6-7), I think one of them looked at me and smiled.
• Said hi to an HB8 (maybe a 9), she gave me a small smile.
• Said hi to an old man, he was oblivious.
• The rest of the people I said hi to were mostly older woman (late 30s-50) some were at least a 7, most ignored me, one lady held on to her purse tighter as I said hi (that was pretty funny :crackup: )
Total Hi’s: 18, EC: several
Notes: Approach used mostly, “Hey how’s it going, How are you ladies” with a smile, I also caught some HB4s checking me out, not so bad :D)

dcastillus

Don Juan
Reaction score
week 1 continued

Day 4 Thurs 6/12
• Said hi to an older lady in the Post Office, she said hi back.
• Said hi to an HB3 in the parking lot, she smiled back.
• Hi fived a dude at the Lakers game.
Total Hi’s: 3

Day 5 Fri 6/13
• Said hi to a cute nurse in the parking lot, she reciprocated pretty well.
• Said hi to a lady an her son at the park, she said hi back.
• Not sure if this counts but threw up the peace sign to girl as I was driving by.
• Said good night to an HB8 and her mom at the gas station.
• Said hi to an HB7 in the parking lot, this was funny b/c I just pulled up to her rolled down my window and said hi.
Total Hi’s: 6

Day 6 Sat 6/14
• Said good morning to the 2 strippers and their HB2 body guard on the boat I was on for my fishing trip, unfortunately they got “sick” and couldn’t perform for us, it’s all good I made up for it with the fish I caught.
• Said hi to an older gentleman at the grocery store (I felt bad I think I really scared him).
• Said what’s up to a dude at my cousin’s apartment complex.
• Said hi to an HB6 walking out of the grocery store.
Total Hi’s: 6

Day 7 Sun 6/15
Went to the mall again, solo, read the Shuma Gora and decided I was going to use the technique described by Senior Fingers:
Walk up to a hottie, make eye contact, smile and say “Hey, my name is X and I am conducting a social experiment to help me overcome my fears of talking to women that I find attractive. Thank you for participating!” and then walk off.
• Early in the afternoon I said hi to an HB6 at 7Eleven, this hi felt genuine/natural, she said hi back.
At the mall:
• Said hi to an HB7 in Macy’s, she just kept walking.
• Used Senior Finger’s approach on a group of 3 HB7-8s, they were a bit receptive and one made a comment as if she expected me to continue after I said the quote, but I was kind of shaken just b/c I actually used and these girls were pretty cute so I kept walking, but I was happy I did it.
• Tried the SF technique again on an older lady, I don’t think she understood English well and I did say it a bit fast.
• Said hi to an older HB6 strolling along, she wasn’t receptive.
• Said hi to 2 girls, they didn’t hear me or ignored me.
• Said hi to another 2 girls, same deal.
• Used SF technique on an HB7 in the bookstore, I think she was expecting more to it and she had a puzzled face as I walked off.
• Said what’s up to a guy on his lunch break.
• Waved hi to a lady washing her car on my way home.
Total Hi’s: 14, EC: several
Total Hi's for week 1: 55

Final notes: As I started out I noticed I kind of shouted the hi’s because I had to act quick before they walked passed me and I was nervous. But as you keep doing it, it does seem to come more natural, but it still pretty hard especially when you’re at the mall and if the girl ain’t digging you she’ll just walk right on by. The best ones are the ones you kind of bump into or your face to face so she kind of has to say hi. Areas for improvement include doing it a bit more naturally with confidence and not just blurt it out, which I did the more I did it, good points are that I did it and I had a good time. But I thought it was fun and it definitely helped boost my confidence. I give mad props to the advice in the DJ Bible on everything they cover, especially helping you stay motivated. So let’s move on to week 2. Please let me know if my description of week 1 is verbose or has too much detail. Let’s get this party started and knock ‘em out. Over and out.:up:

servo140

Reaction score
day number one (july 31)

Started my day with 'hello' to a hb8 when I got into elevator
I had to take my brother's PC to fix and coming out of the shop I said hello to an hb6. She smiled and answered the same
While I was driving I stopped to let two girls pass the crossing. I looked directly to her eyes and smiled. She gave a nice smile too.
I made several more eyes contacts... nothing very serious. But it is hard for me to keep my eye contact. Especially
when a person holds his too. Then I usually turn my eyes. Still trying to improve ;)

Day number two (august 01)

Today I decided to go to a shopping mall and say as much hello to strangers as I could. First hello was said to a small boy who answered with a beautiful smile. Second I said to a HB7 sitting in the chair on the forth floor. She looked at me twice but said nothing. On the fifth floor I said hello to a wooman near the bar. She answered unwillingly. I decided to next shopping mall. There I greeted HB8 but she did not answered. I think she did not wanted to bother (I still think I am the one woman to go for;)) Said hello to a woman on the second floor. No answer. I decided to go home as I felt a bit tired of doing that (takes me to use not a little effort..). The most weird and unusual thing happened when a roughneck asked me why I was staring at him. Not a pleasant moment.

In the evening I and my friend went out to play the guitar and sing some songs. It was much easyer to say hello to strangers. I said hi to a boy, who than sit down near us and listened to the end of the song. One woman who I said hello smiled very beautifuly. Then a hi to two girls and a hi to a group of HB 6-7.

It is still hard for me to say 'hi' to a strangr. However, I fell that it is gettin better and I soon improve my skils
to the level I want to be. Also I am starrting to differentiate who will be able to look in my eyes more than 1s (has selfconfidence) and who will not. Quite interesting experience.

Day number four (august 03)

I skipped day number 3,because I was on the country side and could not resume BC.

So today I went to city at about 3pm. I went to the same shopping center. Disappointingly there were very few people (it was sunday then). I was walking and discovered that it was too hard to say 'hi' for me. I decided to meet some friends. We got ourselves a cup of cold coffee. They told me about exciting party they had a day before. After that my mood become much better. So I was ready to go for saying 'hi'. I left them. I was walking down the street and saw two girls (not very nice). Said hi but they did not answered. It appeared to me very funny and thing started to get better. I said 9 'HIs' today. The most impressive one was to a really nice girl. She smiled beautifully and we both looked back when we passed each other. I feel a bit disappointed that I did not stopped and talked to her. Another impressive hi was to a woman who said hi back and gave a very nice and sincere smile.

What I discovered is that about 50% people avoid eye contact. And about 80% of those who look in to your eyes turns their look just after our eyes meet. So it is hard to say hi. I said several hi's after people turned their look and got no answer to my hi. However, most 'HIs' were responded when there were eye contact. Moreover, I realy feel much more confident then before. It is not very hard for me to say hi to a girl. On the other hand, I still feel not so good saying hi to a man. Still need to improve;)

Day number five (august 04)

Today I went to a biggest shoping mall in where I live. Although I feel more confident it is still hard to say 'hi' to a stanger. I tried to improve my "Hi" skills on men. I said Hi to an man and he responded politely. However, I still sometimes feel that my "hi" sounds not very confident. one more hi to girls and I decided to go home ang have something to eat.

After the meal I went to the city. Said four hi's and it started to rain :S however the last one hi was very exciting. A youngsrter was walking towards me. Our eyes met and I said hi. He answered and extended his arm. I shook it. That was quite unexpected:D

I decided to go home.

Tomorow's slogan: 'either you say 'hi' or don't even go anywhere'

Day numbet five (august 05)

Today I said just 4 'HIs'. It was because it started to rain and I had no umbrella. Also, most people just gone of the streets. I decided to try to always go to the city when it is not raining and go to shopping malls when it does. It is stange but now I see how small those shopping centers are. They seemed to be so big! :D

Day number six (august 06)

So this is it. I had to say 18 'HIs' to reac number 50. A really difficult job.. I managed to make that, but at the end I was so exausted that I just can't say all the people I said hi to!.. At the end it was hard to keep my look concentrated directly to others eyes. Even my eyes started to feel tired.. However, I am very happy about myself. I managed to reach the goal.

I think that all of the people who managed to finish this boot camp are very strog personalities. They also should be very successful in their lives. If you want to take a try on this course- believe me it will not be easy (and I am saying that just after one week) but worth it. It is really hard to find people who would look directly into your eyes (especially if you are looking just for girls) and I beleve that there is no point of saying 'hi' when there is no EC. The person will probably pretend that the 'hi' was not for him. But the most important, I realy feel more selfconfident. I now know that I am able to prove 90% of people that I am stronger/leader just by a look into their eyes and it is quite easy to say hello to almost anybody now:)
Tomorow starts week number two..

Seeking Advice

Don Juan
Reaction score
wow you guys, all of you, are amazing... i'll be starting on the first week of the djbc as soon as exams are over (2 weeks), please wish me luck!

Downman1

Don Juan
Reaction score
week one day 1-2 i haven't been able to do the 50 hi's which sucks
but i did have 2 conversations with strangers. When i think of the 50 his it makes me think of a retard walking in the mall saying hi to everybody he sees QUESTION WHERE DID YOU GO FOR HI's AND WERE YOU SITING DOWN?

tille_eInZ

Reaction score
hey guys,
will start tomorrow before going to university with week 1
first task doesnt seem to hard but lets see how it goes

StGeo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello, guys (or girls... why the hell not...),

I'd heard about the whole DJ scene quite a while ago, there is even a local (i.e. Bulgarian) DJ discussion board, but I hadn't posted on any forums before. Recently, I decided to take a new approach to life and being better with girls/women is in my list. So I decided to take up the DJ Boot Camp.

It seems it's quite old so there aren't many serious threads here about it, but I figured I had to post my results somewhere and there are a few recent replies here, so I'll just post away and even if nobody reads it it'll still be better than not making any commitment.

I'm starting the course this Thursday and I'll probably make a post then, following with one post every week, on Thursday (I'll make notes during the week).

So, if anybody reads this at all, wish me luck, and if you're also doing the course, good luck yourself.

StGeo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 1 (Thursday)

Started the BC today, but I had a tight schedule and didn't really have time for Hi-s. I did meet a group of my female friends, though and I made an effort to hold eye contact, although it was kind of hard talking to 3 girls simultaneously and keeping eye contact... I didn't know whether I should switch or just look at one of them. This is a good question, though I'm sure it's been addressed: when talking to a group of girls, who do you keep EC with?

Day 2 (Friday)

Went to the park today to get some Hi-s, but it wasn't very fruitful, only about 8 and none to good looking girls, there seemed to be none there. I went to a mall but I don't think I greeted anyone there, I couldn't even hold eye contact, most people were just glancing me over like I was invisible, maybe I should have worn a funny hat or something. Anyway, add the people on the street and my total count reaches the staggering 11. And that's for 2 hours... Oh well, I guess it's a start. Might go out again tomorrow, not sure where though. 39 to go.

StGeo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 3 (Saturday)

A completely wasted day. I did nothing substantially useful and I'm appalled of myself. Oh well.

Day 4 (Sunday)

Again, not much happened today. I did greet 11 more people on my way home through the park. No girls, too cold for them, apparently. I missed 2 HB's on the bus stop and I regret it... 28 to go.

StGeo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 5 (Monday)

Only about 6 Hi's today but at least one was towards the HB at the bus stop. She had to pull out one of her earphones to hear me, but she did reply, somewhat hesitantly.

Day 6 (Tuesday)

Just one person today, I realised I'm staying too much within my comfort zone, defeating the purpose of the exercise. I have 21 people to go and just one day left, but I'm going to make an extra effort to make them.

StGeo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 7 (Wednesday)

Today I went to the park and greeted pretty much everyone and managed to get 24 Hi's, meaning I'm just over 50. And right on time, too. Tomorrow I'll start week 2. I can't tell if I'm making any progress but I'm glad I managed the task, although I haven't greeted many girls, I'll try to make up for it with the conversations. Hell, it shouldn't be that hard to find 5-10 HB's to exchange a couple of words with.

So far, I'm pretty convinced nobody reads this so I'll just disregard the title (Boot camp week 1) and keep posting week 2 here as well. I'm on my own anyway, so who cares.

Asteconn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 1: Today, monday, I usually work on site for a small training company with 2 other employees. Sounds dull, can be at times. Anyway - During lunch, I nip to the shops nearby and buys some stuff. Unfortunately for me, some fool had pretty much dropped their tank of petrol onto the forecourt, and the fire brigade were there hosing it off. That meant the place wasn't too busy. Needless to say though, I said hello to 6 complete strangers: 3 customers, all guys; 2 members of staff, both ladies, neither particularly attractive; and one fire-woman.

University tomorrow! Should see plenty of randoms to say hi to

Asteconn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 2. Up to 17 now. Mostly women of various qualities. I'm surprised at actually how good a mood it puts you in. People look a bit shocked when you say hello to them. I didn't say Hi to anyone at the gym, most were busy working out, so I left them to it. Didn't miss much though =P

More tomorrow

Asteconn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 4 now. I'm on 35 hellos =D. Took advantage of a careers fair to say hello to plenty of people. I'm no DJ, but there was one very attractive young lady on one of the stands, so I asked for her number after talking to her for a few minutes. No success, but I felt good for at least asking =] 15 to go for tomorrow! =D

thecat

Reaction score
Great to hear everyone's updates.

I went to the shopping centre. Just seemed most girls were young (17-18, I'm 23) or it was hard for them to maintain eye contract. It was rather busy, so that may have a negative impact.

Going to try the shops again and maybe try some of the city main streets.

I know I shouldn't make excuses and just man up and do it.