Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Boot Camp for The Mature Man

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread is designed for guys age 25 and older who frequent the Mature Man forum to post their Boot Camp related field reports.

Each post should have the following format:

1) date and time of field experience

2) Boot Camp Level (ex. Week 1, Week 2, etc.)

3) Summary of what happened

4) Analysis of what went right/wrong

5) Lessons Learned

All positive feedback and contructive criticisms are allowed. And as usual, trolls and flame wars will be removed.

Have fun, men!

Last edited:

dj2l8

Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome to the Jungle...

Ok,

This thread is dedicated to us oldies but goodies...who says you can't mack when your 30?

I say this is officially day 1 for us. Those of you like myself who have started the boot camp before this, you can get credit for the weeks you've done and can just watch while we work our way through.

Me, I started DJBC about 2 weeks back....still got 15 hellos todo because I keep looking for some sort of validation or acknowledgement from the people I'm helloing. There is NONE of this in Sweden though...eye contact is a joke here...you'd sooner have to be on fire than to get someone to look at you in the eye. But f*ck it.

I know Ricky and JoeBlack are in on this as well, so we look forward to updates from them.

For the interested reader, some quick background. 33 had a bunch of girlfriends, landed a few 9s in my life, BUT I NEVER HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH MEETING THEM. Why? Because I make look like a DJ, on the inside I'm all AFC. This means just about every girl I've dated, macked, or done just about anything with, I did not meet on my own accord. It pays to have the right friends...especially gay ones with really hot girlfriends ha ha ha.

So, even though I got laid last night, I'm still freaking doing this bootcamp because I'm tired of having REGRETS.

So bring it on...Day 1. 15 hellos to go.

Phil

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not in on the mature bootcamp but it is nice to see some more from sweden on this board. I can relate much to what you say about eye-contact. When I visit Stockholm I notice there are much difference beteween the girls there and in other places, such as Örebro and Kalmar. They are much friendlier and more responsive than in Stockholm where everyone walk around as zombies and look like they want to kill you. But when you start to chat them up they seem to get out of it, like they are socially starved. Just my 2 öre on the situation.

Good luck with the boot camp anyhow, there's not a better feeling than knowing you are in control. :)

Lifeforce

zentraveller

Don Juan
Reaction score
Go get 'em DJ. The sheer quality of women in Sweden (at least from a physical perspective) should give you extra motivation to crack the code in Sverige!

And I have to agree. Even the girls in Malmo were more giving with the eye contact than the ones in Stockholm.

By the way, I'll be going through my own personal bootcamp here in LA. We can compare notes on picking up in two of the toughest towns in the world for PUs IMO.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, glad this thread was created. I'll consider today day 1, but I'm stuck at work most of the day so eye contact experiments will be mostly limited to people I already know. However, I am next to a university!

RICKYS QUICK NOTES ON EYE CONTACT

1) Don't read into it too much if a girl makes eye contact or not. I'm been doing this for a couple years. You'll find some girls are just friendlier or in a better mood, or less shy than others.

2) A girl that won't make eye contact does it by either looking down or keeping her eyes up level and not looking at you. Conventional wisdom says when a girl looks away eyes level is that she isn't interested in you. This isn't always true! Also a girl who looks down might have low self esteem, or she might just be a bit shy

3) In summary, the whole purpose of the eye contact experiment is to make you more outgoing and ready to initiate. Girls that are walking in another direction on a street or bar rarely stop. The way I think of it on a city street is that she's worried about her safety. At a bar if she is walking the opposite direction she may very well be on her bathroom to take a piss. My end point is don't take anything personally, just keep practicing the fundamentals. Saying hi and making eye contact are two basic fundamentals. By the way I'm not much on smiling on demand so I'm don't always have the biggest smile.

4) Oh also look for notes on how to walk with a look of confidence. There was a great thread on the board about that one day.

dj2l8

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 2

Hi Ricky, welcome back. Make with the eye contact...

Smiling on cue is the hardest thing for some folks like me an Ricky. I've even had people say cheer up at times and I was totally having a good time. I have this natural look that must look rather sullen. In photos, you better get me laughing otherwise a smile looks fake, fake, fake...something I've gotta work on.

So, unfortunately, I went to a soccer match yesterday and a bar afterwards with my friend. I got 1 hello off and that was on the way there. When I first started doing these, I seemed to have no problem if they weren't looking, now I seem to care if they look at me first. ALl the more reason to do 50 all over again.

At the bar last night, I made slightly longer eye contact with a chick on the other side of the bar (in the corner) but no real chance for a hello.

Now I met a few people yesterday through friends, but dammit they don't count!

So all in all, a pathetic first day. Tonight is Friday so I'll have to work it a bit. I'm going to go read over some other tips again on the hello thing. The DJBC is terribly unspecific about how to go about doing this...and believe me, I need to know how.

zentraveller

Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ,

I'm still wondering what we did wrong with those two Swedish birds at Cafe Opera. I'm thinking we pushed too hard...too chatty/happy, instead of laying off a bit and having them chase us. I'm convinced we could have closed if we played our cards right.

By the way, I've been thinking a little bit more about the psychology of the Swedish woman. I get the feeling that a Swede chick on vacation is a **** machine, while she reverts back to her shell when she returns to Stockholm. For example, the examples of Swedish chicks travelling to Asia, Africa, and South America to sex up the local man studs abound.

Have you thought about going for a more forceful, dominant, alpha male approach to try to ignite the primal urges within her? Maybe in a club....go for the Player Supreme type approach: eye contact, establish dominance, approach, grab her hand and guide her to you.

I think you'd have to have the right "visual appearance" and "exude masculinity" to pull this off. But I'm convinced they'll respond to that **** VERY WELL.

The other option is the number close followed by a few "romance-filled" dates. As we talked about, Swedish men (I doubt) know a thing about romance.

Last edited:

zentraveller

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I'm actually forcing myself to go through the boot camp because I feel I'm lagging in some respects.

For example, today I went back to game the brunette from yesterday, and I totally froze up. She was with a co-worker, and I blew past the 3 second rule and ejected before even approaching. I felt like it would be "too obvious" that I was "stalking her" (returning to the same place the very next day). I actually find it a little bit more difficult to loosen up and go bold when I'm back in my "work environment" suited up...it just doesn't feel as loose and free as when I'm travelling.

To make up for it, I picked two 6/7s to chat up and flirt around with, but wasn't getting much vibes. Chatted for about 10 minutes with them each though; one in the travel section of the book store (what better place to start up a conversation huh? EVERYONE has a place they're passionate about...where the good memories just flow); the other at a counter of a gym.

I really have to say though, forcing yourself to do around 10 cold approaches a day with strangers really gets you loosened up. I'm impressed with this bootcamp so far.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My laptop was stolen yesterday. Amazing how that kills ones mood to go out and pickup.

Ironically i was just chatting online last night since I was too pissed to go out, and met a girl that lives nearby. I might actually visit her tonight.

I'm not sure how good she will look LOL. But she seemed nice on chat and on the phone.

I'll keep you posted. I honestly don't have too high of hopes because she wasn't comfortable giving out her number right away so I gave her mine and she called last night and wants to meet me tonight after she gets off work at 10 PM. Kind of late to wait around, but I'll be dressed and ready to go out.

Mantra

Don Juan
Reaction score
wow... it's great to see that there are some other swedish users on this boot camp. So, I decided that after a few years of regularly reading the forums at SoSuave I should register and get my arse into gear.

Have to agree that Stockholm women are not the easiest when it comes to initial contact. A frosty attitude is deemed cool here! My best hits in Sweden have been with girls at parties and foreign women visiting Stockholm for longer periods of time.

So anyway. I'm going to start the boot camp today, with 10 hellos to get me up and running. It's sunday so I'll probably scare the hell out of people but it always gets the energy flowing.

zentraveller

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, major regression this weekend. Didn't do SHYT and ended up riddled with doubts and procrastination. Ah well.

By the way, I want to visit Goteborg. Do you get the feeling that the women there are a lot more casual and open than Stockholm types?

Jango_Xavier

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A kiwi in a very bad disguise of a dutchman :P
If u think Swedens a hard place to get eye contact come over to the netherlands & try, you have to be on fire & screaming bloody murder while prancing around to get eye contact. :) seriously.
Im also thinking of starting boot camp too after being off the field for 3months from an accient. :)

zentraveller

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jango,

You really think the Netherlands is THAT bad?

I had a completely OPPOSITE experience.

It's where I get the MOST eye contact (well...also Germany) from the local women.

Not so much in Amsterdam, as much as in the neighboring cities such as Haarlem and Rotterdam.

Share with us your thoughts on Dutch women and dating habits. I'm considering spending some time in Utrecht.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm on Week 2 of the BC. Should I extend it over another week so that I'm in sync with the rest of the group for Week 3 or just carry on and post my BC results in this thread?

Mantra

Don Juan
Reaction score
WEEK 1 DAY 1

Hello folks
Alright, It's monday, I didn't get started at all yesterday due to a bit of a hangover and an even healthier dose of procrastination.

But today I got off to a bang. I went into the city centre in the afternoon to walk around, and ratched up a grand total of 27 hellos. It is always a real eye-opener doing this. I did 50 greetings a couple of years ago in an aborted BC attempt, and I'd forgotten how funny it can be. You can really have a chuckle - especially when you're just blanked funnily enough!!!

Was a bit slow getting started and was trying the eye-contact bit first. It is hard to get eye-contact with anyone in this town, but some do look. As soon as you engage eye-contact they look away though, apart from, in my experience, 5s or 6s of around 40 years of age who often seem a bit more up for it on this front.

Anyway, realised it would take forever to greet only people whom I got the EC going with, so I started greeting all and sundry with a simple "Hi" as I walked past them in the street. All 27 were women.

Listed the results in a group of categories which is a fair summary I think of the general spread of attitudes here in Stockholm.

Warm, friendly "Hi" back - 4
Dirty Look - 1
Ignored me completely - 6
Looked at me but no reply - 7
Vague mumbled "Hi" reply - 6
Smile but no "hi" - 1
Thought I was someone they knew - 1!!!

The last one creased me up, woman about 40 was like "wow, is it you" to which I laughed and said "nope, don't think so" as I carried on walking. Should have engaged in an amusing convo for the fun of it when I look back now.

It amazes how much better you get at reading people when going around doing this. Some people have such a palpable psychic shield around them that it's like "aaargh - don't come near me!!!!!!". I don't even bother helloing these- often they look like they'll commit murder if you were to "hi" them.

I'm very much into energy stuff---- I believe and have experienced that when u do stuff like this and approaches etc, there is a real energy surge which makes u far more attractive. As the energy starts moving more and more interesting things happen too in all areas of your life.

It's time to build up an invincible locomotive momentum lads..... Let's Do It!!!!!

zentraveller

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mantra,

I too have noticed how much you can tell about people by walking around and observing them, trying to make eye contact. However, MOST people seem really happy to engage in conversation, especially since I've started slipping in complements to women working at stores and counters and such.

You can *bet* they won't forget you for a long time.

Jango_Xavier

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A kiwi in a very bad disguise of a dutchman :P
Zentraveller,

I cant tell ya too much about the dutch chicks cos ya gotta find out urself:D, nah i cant tell ya much cos i aint very good at it.:)
Since my accidident ive gotten way afc'ish, well it aint that bad its just i cant get out of my comfort zone very well.:)

dj2l8

Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 1: Day 4

7 hellos to go, 8 accomplished. All but 1 of these were with eye-contact.

The report:

No response: 4
Hello back: 2
Smile: 2

5 of these were basically HB's, 1 old couple (counts as 1), and a few meat-heads in the gym who could acknowledge my presence.

I really blew it this morning while walking to the T when a complete 9 if I've ever seen one was walking confidently my way...a gimmie right? Nope, her beauty froze me up tight...I need to visualize them as ugly and uninteresting. This girl was a knock-out...so much so I almost had to pull over and twist one off...ha haha. Either way, it was lame. And I should be pelted with bricks for missing that one.

Ok, now for some responses.

Jango, Maverick, and Mantra give us a little info on yourself and please put your damn age in your profile if you haven't already. It makes for much more interesting reading.

Notes to the readers, Zentra's seasoned so he'll be ahead of the rest of us here.

Maverick, you should just keep up the Week 3 and post your results. If you have time, post a summary of your findings of Week 1 and 2. Week 3 is getting to the meat of it, so we'll be interested in seeing what we have to look forward to. Plus, one thing I've realized about bootcamp. MOMENTUM is EVERYTHING.

Hey Mantra, that 'she thought she knew you'...hell,t hat's a bonus. You can easily segway into a convo, even for a few seconds if she starts to talk. If it happens again (I know rare...) you know what to do.

So BC'ers, let's make with some reports.

DJ2L8: The American in Stockholm

zentraveller

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha...Trying to get EC in Stockholm is NOT easy at all. I bet it gets even more grim in the winter. Maybe you can run off to Thailand with the rest of the Swedes.

One thing that disturbed me about Stockholm. Some of the men there (okay, a lot of them) seemed almost like women in the fuss they made over their clothes. I remember walking into the restroom at Cafe Opera and there were two Arab-Swedish guys staring at their asses in the body mirror (they wear tight jeans in Scandinavia). It was disgusting.