Books recommended by the "gurus." Do you try to read them all?

FM 3321

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been listening to and re-reading David DeAngelo's materials for about 3 years now and because of him I've acquired a multitude of books over time. I've noticed while listening to and reading material from other dating "gurus" they also mention a lot of books for their students to read. How many of you guys are constantly reading something that is recommended by these people? I recently read the book "The Stronger Sex" and after putting it down, I wonder how men go through life without knowing the valuable information inside these books. About a year ago I read the book "The Game" by Neil Strauss and it baffled me how much work, reading and studying it took for them to get to the level they are at now.

I already know my answer to this question but do you guys think it's important to read all these books? I saw one of David D's seminars and it looks like he had at least 40 recommended books sitting on the table.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Analysis Paralysis.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read the Game about a year and a half ago and that scared the hell out of me because I realized how much in denial I'd been much of my life. Then I started reading everything I could get.

I have Doc Love's the System but haven't finished it yet.

The one thing I enjoy is I subscribe to David D's "Interviews With Dating Gurus" cds, and every month it's a nice long conversation between him and a PUA, most of them are selling what they have but it's relaxing to just hear two dudes talk about women and life.

Inner game is the theme that runs throughout it all though. Becasue every other PUA on this cd series contradicts the last guy. If you are following one guy's advice just becasue "he said so" and another PUA dude comes along and says something opposite you're going to be confused. I was. Then I realized they are all saying the same thing. Make yourself a great man, be confident, control your frame, the girl has to earn you, etc. If you get lost in the details you'll be a wreck because you won't know who to listen to.

I'm not one to give advice on women necessarily, but men and women are supposed to hook up. The only reason it gets difficult is we deny our true nature and confuse ourselves. All this stuff does is to help you unlearn the BS actions that have replaced your natural instincts as a man that never got fully developed.

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The one thing I enjoy is I subscribe to David D's "Interviews With Dating Gurus" cds, and every month it's a nice long conversation between him and a PUA, most of them are selling what they have but it's relaxing to just hear two dudes talk about women and life.

Inner game is the theme that runs throughout it all though. Becasue every other PUA on this cd series contradicts the last guy.
Dude, give up on the DYD Interview Series. Like you said it's a different guru (and a new system) being hawked every month.

You should join Brent's Monthly Podcast. Yes, the Brent that David D. learned everything from.

Every month you get a new podcast from Brent and Dave M. of Insider Internet Dating, talking game. It's a consistent philosophy every month and 99% of it is Inner Game stuff, although once in awhile they bring in a guest like Zan. Bonus, you get access to their member's only forum. All for the same 19.95 you're paying a month to hear David D and his dating gurus' commercials.

Check it out at www.Atracthotterwomen.com

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool, I'll look into it. I don't know who these guys are though. Which doesn't mean they aren't notable (lol).

But I am more into the inner game.

The last CD I got was ok but it was just the dude talking about all these different tactics he uses to convince women he has a personality and I'm thinking "wait, I'm pretty sure I already have a personality. Most of the stuff he's talking about I would do anyway if I was in a relaxed, fun state of mind. "

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
48 Laws of Power, Robert Greene.

Go read it.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Interceptor, looks like interesting stuff. I found a guided meditation and so far I like it, so I may want to add to that.

Sandow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DYD has some pretty funny lines, but dont be fooled, it aint some magical formula thats going to instantly spark the phemenon known as attraction (as he states it), lol.

he has funny lines, but so what?

All of these books overlap, it's all the same info regurgitated in a different form. the best thing you can do is go out there and experience.

Metro3pilot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
to get your inner game tight, or at least get some inner peace going on

" the four agreements " Miguel Ruiz

:rockon:

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a great book Metro, thinking of re-reading it.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the four agreements - don miguel ruiz's code for life
agreement 1
Be impeccable with your word - Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

agreement 2
Don’t take anything personally - Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.

agreement 3
Don’t make assumptions - Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

agreement 4
Always do your best - Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.

FM 3321

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
48 Laws of Power, Robert Greene.

Go read it.

I've read that book twice along with "The Art of Seduction." Both excellent books.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FM 3321 said:
I've been listening to and re-reading David DeAngelo's materials for about 3 years now and because of him I've acquired a multitude of books over time. I've noticed while listening to and reading material from other dating "gurus" they also mention a lot of books for their students to read. How many of you guys are constantly reading something that is recommended by these people? I recently read the book "The Stronger Sex" and after putting it down, I wonder how men go through life without knowing the valuable information inside these books. About a year ago I read the book "The Game" by Neil Strauss and it baffled me how much work, reading and studying it took for them to get to the level they are at now.

I already know my answer to this question but do you guys think it's important to read all these books? I saw one of David D's seminars and it looks like he had at least 40 recommended books sitting on the table.
I read none of them because none of these men have proven to me that they can hold a relationship. ANYONE can pick drunk women in bars. All you have to do is LIE.

Why write a book when all you have to say is? "Go to bars...meet drunk women...and lie to them". That's the simple way of getting laid.

A TRUE DJ does not have to pick drunks in bars and doesn't have to lie.

Robert Greene has a very good book. But I don't consider him a "pua" or anything like that. As I view his book helpful also for other aspects of life.

mystic03

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read nothing compared to Doc Love's "The System", it takes some time to take a hang of it, but after a while when you start doing things "The System" way you realize the stuff works and protects you from a lot of bad women out there.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mystic03 said:
I've read nothing compared to Doc Love's "The System", it takes some time to take a hang of it, but after a while when you start doing things "The System" way you realize the stuff works and protects you from a lot of bad women out there.
Doc's System doesn't get nearly the amount of props which it deserves.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
One thing Doc Mentions is "if she talks about the ex, get out of there".

The girl I fell for was in and then just got out of a 4-year relationship with a guy, but she would sometimes talk about him to get a reaction from me---so I never escalated with her, specifically because of that.

(Beware of being the rebound guy :nono:) <---also because of that lol.

I could have gotten her, but "no boyfriends in the background!" as Doc would say.

He talks a lot about challenge, and says women with low self-esteem can't handle challenge from a guy. No they can't.

I also like that he goes beyond just picking a girl up, it's about how to handle her over time.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
reset said:
One thing Doc Mentions is "if she talks about the ex, get out of there".

The girl I fell for was in and then just got out of a 4-year relationship with a guy, but she would sometimes talk about him to get a reaction from me---so I never escalated with her, specifically because of that.

(Beware of being the rebound guy :nono:) <---also because of that lol.

I could have gotten her, but "no boyfriends in the background!" as Doc would say.

He talks a lot about challenge, and says women with low self-esteem can't handle challenge from a guy. No they can't.

I also like that he goes beyond just picking a girl up, it's about how to handle her over time.
All of that is really good stuff and you mentioned only a part of it which for me is the foundation of being a good DJ, being a to tell which women are worth your time without the headaches. I think that's what we call qualifying. ;)

mystic03

Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
You are 100% right, the problem is that most of us are looking for a quick fix, even if we don't admit it, I say this beacause I was looking for one, and maybe sometimes I still looking for that quick fix that without a real effort it's going to get me the girl or girls I want. after a while you realize you can't cheat on this. Maybe you get lucky once or twice, but if you really want to become successfull you need to change a lot. And it's not going to be overnight. That's what Doc Love's The System is all about. Become the man you need to be to get the woman you need (and keep it), not just some psycho or naggin female, but a real true woman.