Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Books are objectively boring

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
This notion that in order to be a cultured person you need to be well read is outdated. Nowadays you can easily learn just about anything with youtube videos, wikipedia pages, and online forums. If you're interested in a topic and you have access to the internet, you already have access to the largest library in the world that goes straight to the point without excessive descriptions and that you can find exactly what you're looking for instantly. The amount of guys I know that are history and geopolitics experts and who learned everything off the internet is incredible.

Books only have an elevated status because of its historical significance. In the past, everyone who was intelligent, cultured and held knowledge about anything, was always a well read person. There was no way around it. Obtaining knowledge was either word of mouth or books.

Plus, now that books have become a chore for the average person, it's a status thing because if you have reading habits, it shows you have dedication and concentration instead of being an instant gratification addicted ADHD lazybum.

The only time I can enjoy books is if the subject matter is very interesting to me and it's also very well written.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The funny thing is low iq housewifes that consider themselves smarter than you cause they read those romances on paper.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Online videos can hurt our attention spans because they train our brains to focus for very short amounts of time. Reading can help improve your attention span.

I find books to be a bit more honest/objective than many videos because they aren’t really trying to get clicks, likes and subscriptions. Non-fiction books aren’t trying to “entertain” you either. I agree that they can be dry af unless you are genuinely interested in the subject matter.

There are definitely some great resources in online videos, but I think you’ll get more depth from books.

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing with a book is I can read 10 times faster than anyone can talk so I can consume much more content and find what is relevant to me much faster. Also easier to skim, etc. Not talking about novels. Talking about technical material.

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t know to me…there’s a spiritual significance in the act of reading a book….

It’s similar to choosing to jog outside in the rain than in a treadmill. It’s just not the same. There’s something still raw and untamed, natural about it that’s good for you….Like walking on grass barefoot it’s good for your health.

When I’m reading important books like scripture I prefer the actual physical model than to glance on the computer.

I’m just old school like that….Books still has a lot of advantages, it’s portable, you can carry it around and acts as a great conversation piece when you run into some cute gal at a coffee shop.