Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

bookcrossing

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In case anyone here isn't familiar with bookcrossing, it's (according to the Concise Oxford English Dictionary) "the practice of leaving a book in a public place to be picked up and read by others, who then do likewise. Since being referred to Bookcrossing.com by my Aunt (who's lived in Cairo, Egypt for 35 years) this morning, I've registered the books I plan on taking along with me next week when I go to Amsterdam... leaving them in the hotel lobbies and coffeeshops I'll be visiting. Then the people who pick them up next will hopefully read & release it, allowing me to track the books as they go throughout the world. It doesn't have to be done on such a large scale, though. You can easily register your book then leave it anywhere around town - there's no telling who will pick it up, or where it's going to travel.

Bookcrossing is free. The only thing it costs you is the book(s) you leave for others to read. They've got 318,906 members and over 1.6 million registered books. Help us out!

http://www.bookcrossing.com

If you want, my name on there is "jerbee02". There's a field for who (if applicable) referred you - I'd appreciate being put there. I don't get anything besides a nod from the bookcrossing community if I have any referrals, so list me or don't list me as you see fit. The main thing is that you all go ahead and register, then start releasing books!

KOSR

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey diablo you like Amsterdam don't you? :D

I remember reading your post about your last trip. Where were the hottest hookers located? Never been to red light actually.

I live in NL, but have never fycked a hooker before really. I might be lame but I have to try it at least once :D I gonna look for the best looking one and bone her hard!

That book thing looks like fun.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should come. I'll be at the Grasshopper, which is pretty easy to find from Centraal Station. You just walk out the front straight up Damrack. It's on the left, and is within shouting distance of the station. I'll be there on the 14th and 15th at 17:00 if you're interested in meeting up for some drinks and carousing the RLD.

Oh, and bring a book to leave behind. :p

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im asuming you will leave a note inside explaining what you are doing, or some kinf of tracking device :p but still you will see most of your books taken and not passed on.

although i do remember somthing when i was in scouts, to do with releasing helium ballons with a note on asking people to phone up telling us where it landed, andi think 1 got to france from UK, its not really relivent to this but is kind of a simular topic.

but like i said i do not think many people will pass on the books.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by check_mate_kid_uk
im asuming you will leave a note inside explaining what you are doing, or some kinf of tracking device :p but still you will see most of your books taken and not passed on.
I'm assuming you didn't bother to read anything on the site before you made this post, or you'd have answered the question for yourself before you asked it. Why make a pointless post that shows you didn't even take the time to educate yourself in the slightest before writing it? :rolleyes:

As for the number of books, you'd be surprised - 9,663 books were 'released' in the USA in the past 3 days alone.
Originally posted by check_mate_kid_uk
but like i said i do not think many people will pass on the books.
Over a quarter million registered members on the site would disagree with you. If what you say is correct, and most of the books are taken and not passed on, then wouldn't "bookcrossing.com" die due to lack of support and interest? Instead, look at their growth and projected growth... Averaging ~300 new members a day...
http://www.bookcrossing.com/newmemberscount
http://www.bookcrossing.com/newmembersprojections

My aunt has 'released' one book - in a hotel in Cairo, Egypt. From there, it travelled to Israel, then to Michigan, and now it's somewhere in Hawaii. For the most part, adults are the ones picking up these books. Sure, if it relied on kids such as yourself then I don't doubt nobody would ever hear back about a book that was picked up - but that's not what's happening here.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow 7 books in my town ill keep an eye open;) i dont know if i will buy books and realease them but i might find them and sell them on ebay, nah just kidding dont wory i would not keep them now that i know what it is.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was in school we had the opportunity to take our teddy bears (or similar puffed animals) which we loved, and they'd send it all around the world, and kids all around the world would take pictures of your puffed animal in their country, having fun, posing in famous buildings etc. It happened about a month after my father left, so, there was no $. Does anyone know a site where they do this?

I hope the book stuff doesn't get plagued with people who just go there for the hype and force the site to use several security stuff that kills the whole scheme.

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bookcrossing, what a great idea! I'm suprised no one has ever thought of that. It says about 6 books are in a bank about a kilometre from me (Ljubljana, Slovenia). I'll go check them out and bring a book to leave.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Panda 2000
Bookcrossing, what a great idea! I'm suprised no one has ever thought of that.
Actually they have. Their called public libraries.

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds good, i might release some of the ones I have finished. Incedently, which books are y'all releasing?

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I got a hit - out of the 5 books I released. It came in my email on Saturday;

Someone has made a new journal entry on one of your books at
BookCrossing.com! We've displayed the entry below, but you can read all the
entries at http://bookcrossing.com/journal/2379777 anytime.

Book Title: Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
Author: Dan Brown

I received the book from an American traveller at Cologne Central station.
He spoke to me while i was looking at some English books in the station´s
bookshop.
Having read it, I`ll hand it to a friend of mine.

CAUGHT IN COLOGNE NORTHE-RHINE-WESTFALIA GERMANY

By AnonymousFinder from n/a, n/a n/a
Book Rating: 10 out of 10

Tell your friends! http://www.bookcrossing.com/tellafriend
This has buoyed my spirits considerably regarding bookcrossing - at first I was thinking that I'd never hear back from any of them. Now I plan on registering and bringing along an entire bookback of books to release when I go to Europe and the Middle East in June...

Layla

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn thats awesome. I read about bookcrossing and thought about it, by I thought that if I did it I wouldnt hear back. Now I think I'm going to do it.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a quick update - I'll be bringing along about 10 books with me to France, Italy, and Greece on Monday to dump in airports, train stations, and coffeeshops.

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice, nice, nice...

I've seen books in random places in the south, I have travelled only once since my mind was unlocked... I will now check every book I see laying in a random place, to see if I can catch any books left in the wild:D

There is currently one uncaptured book in my town. I told one of my friends to go to work and grab it for me:D

new books/magazines added to my "future reading" list:
BoomerangIt
mental floss
The dignatarian dialogues("Somebodies and Nobodies" by Robert Fuller")

Diablo, Where in the hell did you get the idea for the sn "jerbee02"?

my screen name is "flippinfreak", who would have guessed, I joined today, and jerbee02 has received a referal point:D

"free flow, my mind is all about free flow"

edit: I hope I get some emails back, I just sent an email to every member in Nunavut:D

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love Hyori Lee said:
Try leaving a copy of the "Catcher in the Rye".

You might see something very interesting.
Got to read the book first...

What's something interesting I might see?

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is some amazing stuff.

I'll get some books ready to travel. In portuguese. :)

I love Hyori Lee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
flippinfreak said:
Got to read the book first...

What's something interesting I might see?
Many criminals have read the copy of Catcher in the Rye.

Many of them even had the book on them..during the time of the murders..

Lots of thieves had a copy of the book...

Mark David Chapman, murderer of musician John Lennon, was carrying the book when he was arrested immediately after the murder and referred to it in his statement to police shortly thereafter. John Hinckley, Jr., who attempted to assassinate President Ronald Reagan in 1981, was also reported to have been obsessed with the book.

Thirty years after its publication in 1945-46, The Catcher in the Rye was both the most banned book in America as well as the second most taught book in public schools.

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well that's just dandy.

Check my signature... In terms of my thoughts, my friends, my fears, and the questions life has asked me in the last few days...

I HAVE TO READ THAT BOOK!

For the sake of fate;)