Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Book tells women to settle

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope this isn't old news already, but I was just flipping through a copy of 'Marry Him' by Lori Gottlieb.

Basically, the point of the book is that modern women (well, middle-class educated women anyway) are 'spoiled for choice' when it comes to guys. They have so many men worshiping them that they start to believe that they can have exactly what they want all the time. The result is that they start rejecting men for completely trivial reasons ('he's a few inches too short' 'he likes to make puns' etc etc.) So they end up either alone or unhappy in their LTRs because they always feel they could do better.

Men, by contrast, aren't half as picky. If most guys find a nice, attractive girl who has the same basic values as they do, they'll probably settle down and be happy. Statistically, men are happier in their marriages and only half as likely to initiate divorce.

She also touches specifically on the DJ/AFC dynamic (though she calls them alpha males and nice guys). She advises women to date DJs until their early 30s and then settle down with an AFC for life.

While I think she has some points about women being overly picky and making themselves unhappy, I wish she were harder on men for letting this happen. She never tells men to change and become less accommodating to women's egos, she just tells them to be patient and eventually (after the DJs have fvcked your future wife for about 20 years) they'll realize their mistake and come back to you. Bleh.

Last edited:

Maximummax

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All women tell other women to do the same bull****, thats why they end up being alone most of their life and unhappy.
I was reading the yahoo news article and they mentioned that rate of marriages is dropping to too low. You can tell by this.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another interesting stat is that men are much more likely to feel that they 'married up'. Women are far more likely to feel that they 'settled'; that is, they gave up something they need/deserve in return for not being alone/babies/whatever.

Is it just self-esteem - do women see themselves as princesses, while men see themselves as ogres?