Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bodyfat Scales

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm about to start a cutting program.

I know that bodyfat scales are not accurate, especially for bodybuilders and athletes. I don't need for it to be accurate per se, but I'm wondering if it IS accurate in measuring PROGRESS. For example, let's say a bodyfat scale says I'm 23% bodyfat, but when measured at my gym with calipers I'm told I'm about 18% bodyfat.

Questions: Is the scale accurate in measuring and tracking my PROGRESS?
For example, let's say start my program and I lose weight (of course) and my scale tells me I've lost 3% bodyfat, can I rely on that number, even if the total % bodyfat number it gives me is itself not accurate? It's really a question of consistency -- if the scale tracks your bodyfat consistently, that's all I need. I don't need the number itself to be accurate at this point.

Thoughts?

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
calipers don't lie, or at least provide consistent results

scales are worthless imo. I knew someone who dieted for two months, his abs came through, but the scale told him his bodyfat had gone up. uhhhh. (and no, he hadn't lost lean mass either)

kRisk

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got a body-fat scale a month ago..
Up until now my bf % has been pretty consistent between 11% and 13%..
I'm not really sure about the accuracy though, i've never used one of those caliphers u talked about.
I hardly see abs unless i contract the muscles..

Well.. That's my 2 cents on this subject..