Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Bodybuilding.com

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of the articles are fine, but others are just plain wrong.

lemieux66

Don Juan
Reaction score
quality site overall.

like any internet site, there are some idiots.

but it's a good place.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know about their forums but the articles are good overall. Good prices for supplements and their shipping is really good.

DonJuanMonk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a great website, but watch out for articles that are just semi-advertisements for the products, just look for any "Buy this PROTEIN POWDER" if the article is talking about gaining weight properly.. etc.

I would go to the forums and read, some of the stuff is solid.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think bb.com is crap with a capital C. Sure they have some decent veteran posters, but most of the crowd over there are 14 year olds that go "CREATINE!!1oneon OMG lolz!!!oneoneoneon!!!". There are MUCH better sites out there, but I'm not going to post links as I don't want the influx of n00bs from ss.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good prices on supplements, even after shipping to Canada. Also, it has the biggest message board around. If you have any questions about nutrition or supplements, it will be answered there.

DDevil

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't post there much but the products and fast shipping is good.

I get my whey and multivitamins from there.

The only problem I had was when I ordered GOLD ON whey and they sent me the old formula.

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont really read their main site or forums but their store is good if you gotta order stuff. Quick shipment and usually good prices. No complaints here.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stay away from it.

Very little quality there. bbing.com is teen overanalyser, overtrainer central - there might be a few knowledgeable guys there, there's always exceptions, but I've never got any decent advice from there (except a good laugh from some of the posts).

The only good articles are the recipes.

Never ordered from them so can't comment on that. I hear it's reasonable.

ironaddicts.com
musclemayhem.com
intensemuscle.com

Now those are quality bbing sites. Just don't go there and ask them how to get the 'v-taper'.

Blowfish

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't pay too much attention to the forums, people there don't know what they are talking about, and their bodybuilding goals are so different to what the Don Juans here want.

I'm a member on their forums, and I've read posts about what kind of physique you want, 75% of the people there want to be monsters like Ronnie Cohen or whoever that Mr Olympia dude is.

However, there are some articles on the main site that is quite good, I believe the man's name is Louis Dorman, his 6 part guide about his body transformation is what you really need, he's doing it big! He runs some design company, he's got awesome physique, he's getting the chicks, just read his 6 part guide and that's it!

The majority of people there want to be like monsters.

DonJuanMonk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't pay too much attention to the forums, people there don't know what they are talking about, and their bodybuilding goals are so different to what the Don Juans here want.

I'm a member on their forums, and I've read posts about what kind of physique you want, 75% of the people there want to be monsters like Ronnie Cohen or whoever that Mr Olympia dude is.
How is it any different? Most guys who work out WANT to get big. Stop sounding like you know what you're talking about. Oh and you say don't pay attention to the forums, then wtf are you doing there, FOOL?

Blowfish

Don Juan
Reaction score
^ Oh I'm sorry man! You want to walk around like a monster... be my guess... FOOL

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Blowfish
^ Oh I'm sorry man! You want to walk around like a monster... be my guess... FOOL
Call him a fool to his face when he's 250lbs and you're still a buck 65 soaking wet. :D

It doesn't matter whether you want to be a ripped 180-190 (men's health/male stripper look) or a superheavy 250+, both include putting on quality mass and regardless of your eventual physique goals, there's only one way to do it: hard training and even harder eating.

Now the men's health look is achievable for 90% of the people out there even with sub-par genetics. But why is it that people hardly ever get there unless they're born that way? I'll tell you why.

They persist in doing cable crossovers and dumbbell kickbacks (going all out for a mega pump!) and eating like birds because they're afraid to obscure their abs. Someone is 150 and they wanna be 180 but eat like they're 120. Their diets consist of plain chicken breast, brown rice, egg whites, and ricecakes. Once their abs start to fade they do five hours of cardio and starve themselves to get that sixpack back, and lose any muscle gained with it.

Hence their muscular gains of 2lbs one year, 1.5lbs another and so at that rate, someone's 150 will get to 190 in 15-20 years. But I'm betting that if you guys just loosen up a bit, eat like the mass monsters, forget the damned abs for a while and just grow a little, you'll get there in a couple of years. The abs'll come back - the bigger you are the easier it is to get ripped.

I'll use myself as an example, when I was just getting into lifting I was 170-180 and was stuck there for about a year. I did the whole egg whites/chicken breast/tuna thing with cable crossovers and five sets for everything (to really destroy the muscle, man) and got nowhere. Then I started eating whole eggs (six whole eggs for breakfast with veggies and a pint of milk to wash it down - yeah yeah, I didn't know about mixing carbs/fats then so don't anyone get on my case :p), red meat (1kg of beef a day), whole milk, started doing just compound exercises (didn't like benching though, even then) and I gained 15lbs in two months. TWO MONTHS. The vast majority of this was muscle (I gained fat then but I'm wiser now). And I've kept those muscular gains to this day.

Bottom line: if you don't eat like you wanna be a monster, you won't grow.

People are really stupid when it comes to thinking about eating like a 250lber does. "I wanna build muscle but don't want to get all big and bulky!" or "Eww, bodybuilders are GROSS, I don't wanna be like that."

What, one day they're a skinny runt, they started eating and the next day they're Ronnie C? It doesn't work like that, there's intermediate stages. You don't go from 150 to 250 overnight, you'll get to 160, 170, 180 and so on - BUT IT'S EATING LIKE YOU WANNA BE 250 WHICH'LL GET YOU TO THOSE INTERMEDIATE STAGES AND GET THE SCALE MOVING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

If you're 150 and eat like it then you'll probably see 170 in time to collect your pension. And all around you, people who just worked hard and weren't afraid to add .12313% bodyfat (not that I'm saying you have to get fat to get big) put on that weight while they were still young enough to enjoy it - not that I'm saying elderly people can't enjoy fine physiques, just saying that you guys are teens who wanna get big and ripped to pull chicks (or guys, whatever floats your boat I guess..).

Don't knock the 'monsters'. They got up to the 180-220 stage (by eating like they already even bigger than that) and chose to get larger. You don't HAVE to. You can stop at 190 and just work out for the pump. I'll still call you a candyarse pretty boy but if it's what makes you happy then to Hell with my opinion. :D

Now then, if anyone's got turkey/duck/goose leftovers from yesterday then my PM box is now accepting delivery.